IGNORED

Saints Row then.....

Dimahoo

You get more weapons when you unlock a new crib, not when you buy them. It's worth sticking to one gangs's missions exclusivly as the cribs you unlock give you nice big garages with ready kitted out vars as well as decent weapons you can pick up any time. Plus as you hit the later gang missions you will pick up alot of ammo for the RPG and machine gun so you'll always be fully stocked instead of speading all your money on ammo.

edit: you only get a new 'crib' when you finish a gang's set of missions, sorry didn't make that very clear.

Ah ok, thats what I needed to know cheers! Bit pissed off that I just went and spent loads of money on new weaponry only to find out I DON'T get it in my crib... Ah well :angry:

Still loving this, did another amazing stronghold mission, hard but very very satisfying. The combat would be no fun without your homies, they really make it for me!

Saints Row, surprisingly shitty graphics, tearing all over the place, colour-me-disappointed, so straight back to Gamestation with you, and I'm back on San Andreas.

Unimpressed with this big-style - I can't get on with anything that tears as much as this does - reminds me of the PS One with its wobbly 3d models.

Poor!

I never notice any tearing. Drops in frames sure, but no tearing.

Taking it back for having "shit graphics" is a bit weird, it looks more than good enough imo to convery the action etc.

Well, no- there's just as much horrible tearing through component too. :angry:

Gah, it makes it look fucking horrible. There's nothing that spoils a game more than the graphics tearing and chopping up when the camera moves around! It is very distracting, and it's hard to concentrate and/or have much fun when buildings are splitting in half all around you.

Saints Row, surprisingly shitty graphics, tearing all over the place, colour-me-disappointed, so straight back to Gamestation with you, and I'm back on San Andreas.

Unimpressed with this big-style - I can't get on with anything that tears as much as this does - reminds me of the PS One with its wobbly 3d models.

Poor!

I don't understand where this is coming from. My review copy has no 'tearing' or framerate issues whatsoever.

I don't understand where this is coming from. My review copy has no 'tearing' or framerate issues whatsoever.

Different people see these things differently. Like dodgy framerates, or the 50Hz flicker. If it bugs you, it'll ruin any game that has it. If it doesn't bug you, you might not even notice it.

Different people see these things differently. Like dodgy framerates, or the 50Hz flicker. If it bugs you, it'll ruin any game that has it. If it doesn't bug you, you might not even notice it.

It's a bit like that Bruce Willis film - where some folk see dead people, I see screen tearing. I can't fucking stand it - as Paulando describes.

Other people don't see it at all. It's very strange. How can you not see it?

I see it, it bugs me hugely for... oooh, about three minutes, then I seem to phase it out. Jak II had chronically bad screen tearing (the first console game I remember that had it) and initially I thought I'd never get used to it, but I played the game through to the end and soon found I wasn't noticing it at all.

Well, no- there's just as much horrible tearing through component too. :angry:

Gah, it makes it look fucking horrible. There's nothing that spoils a game more than the graphics tearing and chopping up when the camera moves around! It is very distracting, and it's hard to concentrate and/or have much fun when buildings are splitting in half all around you.

Very weird, I dont notice it. I will play it tomorrow and look for it specifically.

It's a bit like that Bruce Willis film - where some folk see dead people, I see screen tearing. I can't fucking stand it - as Paulando describes.

No tearing for me either, I think only paedophiles, communists, Paulando, blacks, jews, gays, kittens and Sir Trevor McDonald experience tearing.

No, the tearing does exist. Very much so. Whether you can overlook it or not is another matter entirely. The native res of my TV is 1366x768, so I doubt that's the issue. And although the framerate is better in SD, there's still no vsync :angry:

I've just been playing it and I did manage to forget about it for a bit. It's just the odd moments when you see it again and you can't take your mind off it because you know it's there :angry:

Apart from that, it's shaping up to be a very decent game indeed.

Oh man please dont tell me we need to start introducing resolution changes for individual games now too. Thats just fucking ridiculous.

I tested this out last night. I played for an hour on my projector through component then went and played half an hour on my LCD through VGA.

CGA is DEFINATELY worse for V sync. its pretty abominable actually.

Component still had it during the cutscenes but nowhere near as much.

I think i'd rather a 20fps game with v sync then a 25 fps game with no v sync to be honest. For next gen i find this kind of presentation pretty unacceptable

Oh man please dont tell me we need to start introducing resolution changes for individual games now too. Thats just fucking ridiculous.

I tested this out last night. I played for an hour on my projector through component then went and played half an hour on my LCD through VGA.

CGA is DEFINATELY worse for V sync. its pretty abominable actually.

Component still had it during the cutscenes but nowhere near as much.

I think i'd rather a 20fps game with v sync then a 25 fps game with no v sync to be honest. For next gen i find this kind of presentation pretty unacceptable

I did a similar test. Component to my HD LCD the tearing is very noticeable in cutscenes but not during the main game. VGA to the plasma and it is noticeable throughout. Whlst on one hand I can see we shouldn't be having these types of issues, if I am honest it isn't effecting my enjoyment of the game at all.

Honestly i'd say the city is a bit drab to be honest. 6 hours in and i still dont know my way around any areas.

Everything else gameplay wise is mint though. Constantly surprised at how it gets stuff right all the time.

My only complaint would be how hard it is to aim and shoot while driving. But that is kind of asking a lot.

Honestly i'd say the city is a bit drab to be honest. 6 hours in and i still dont know my way around any areas.

Yeah, me too. I'm always using the GPS system because I can't navigate by landmarks like I can in the GTA games. So the GPS is a good feature, but only because the city isn't well designed. It's a convincing city, but a game needs more than that.