Saints Row then.....

Dimahoo

I'm suprised there aren't more GTA clones out on the market to be honest, not as if common sense normally factors when some shit developer wants to make a new game.

Reminds me of Full Auto for some reason...

And Rayn saying he's not a Ninty fanboy. WHAT NEXT?

FYI I haven't touched a Nintendo game in months. I haven't even bought nor played a single DS game for at least three months. ALL the time I've NOT been playing Nintendo games this year I've been playing X360 games and PC games. Go figure...

EDIT: Saints Row still looks utter shit!

Come on, it's only been out for 3 damn months and it's already got CoD2, PGR3, GR:AW, Condemned and DOA4 as some top games. Gamecube owners would kill for that amount of quality games in 3 months. Think yourself lucky.

Didn't pay £300 for a Gamecube though, and while we're thinking about it Monkey Ball, Pikmin, Rogue Leader and Smash Bros were more enjoyable than the games above. I believe they were all out in the first two months of Gamecube's life and I got those games, three controllers and the system for the price of a 360.

That's just my opinion though, so y'know, don't shoot me or anything.

Jesus Christ. I can't believe I bothered to lean forward and switch my speakers on for that. I think my ears are bleeding. What an awful trailer.

*edit* I suppose the one positive to take from it is that with a bit of Rockstar comedy/style, a next gen GTA will be fucking ace.

Come on, it's only been out for 3 damn months and it's already got CoD2, PGR3, GR:AW, Condemned and DOA4 as some top games. Gamecube owners would kill for that amount of quality games in 3 months. Think yourself lucky.

Comedy post surely, maybe one of those games would only just make it about the mediocrity curve.

Just watched the trailer, I feel embarrassed for them.

Comedy post surely, maybe one of those games would only just make it about the mediocrity curve.

Here's the secret.... you don't buy the shit games and then the curve for your collection is much higher. Go, spread the word of justice.

Having watched the trailer it looks alright. The music is shit but the game looks fun.

I think there is an unjustified amount of 'elitism' by the nintendo console owners here. Those are all pretty good games mentioned above and you can hardly call them mediocre. Get over yourself and admit that there are other consoles out there which provide some pretty decent offerings that either equal or exceed Nintendo's offerings. Sure, what Nintendo do is impressive... but you can hardly call it everything that all gamers want. Personally I found the Xbox suited me best in the last generation, ill just have to wait and see with the new one.

As for the game itself, the graphics look nice... but we'll just have to wait and see how the game turns out. It seems to me far more linear then GTA if you can take anything from the "35 missions" statement.

I think there is an unjustified amount of 'elitism' by the nintendo console owners here. Those are all pretty good games mentioned above and you can hardly call them mediocre. Get over yourself and admit that there are other consoles out there which provide some pretty decent offerings that either equal or exceed Nintendo's offerings. Sure, what Nintendo do is impressive... but you can hardly call it everything that all gamers want.

So what you're saying is that you'd prefer identikit games over a *bit* of creativity?

Fucking hell.

Didn't pay £300 for a Gamecube though, and while we're thinking about it Monkey Ball, Pikmin, Rogue Leader and Smash Bros were more enjoyable than the games above. I believe they were all out in the first two months of Gamecube's life and I got those games, three controllers and the system for the price of a 360.

That's just my opinion though, so y'know, don't shoot me or anything.

£280 for a 360. Games were £40 each, controllers were £25 each, so £130, plus £120, plus £75 = £325. Then that doesn't include the tiny memory cards. 360 comes with HD leads, headset, hard drive and all the rest. Not exactly comparable is it? Those four games were enjoyable, but two of them didn't last and the other two were only fun in multiplayer.

Oblivion ftw lol

Irrespective of the game, I find nearly all interviews with American game developers so utterly repellant that I'm instantly put off buying whatever they're selling, no matter how good it is. It's like they've had their human diction replaced by a random press release generator.

Get over yourself and admit that there are other consoles out there which provide some pretty decent offerings that either equal or exceed Nintendo's offerings.

There is, the PS2 and even the Xbox are host to some excellent games which also eclipse the 360's poor excuses so far. Maybe if they were appearing on the Xbox it wouldn't be too bad but the fact people are holding them up as genius simply because its on the new shiny toy masks how throwaway those titles really are.

Anyway back to saints row, some of the screenshots for this game are the most hilarious gaming related things in a while.

http://www.playfuls.com/images/screenshots...ts_Row/0018.jpg

/\ I hope thats very old, but its very funny

http://games-news.sympatico.msn.ca/images/...originalwidth=0

http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots...row_large_2.jpg

its such a mishmash of detail levels and oversights

My god this game looks terrible. I can't be arsed with an XBOX360 until something decent comes out, the only 360 games I'd probally want are RR6 and DOA5, but those aren't good enough to justify buying the machine... Here's hoping After Burner and VF will come out for it someday...

...Bollocks to guns, war, and realism bollocks, I want arcade gaming, maybe my tastes are out of date?

£280 for a 360. Games were £40 each, controllers were £25 each, so £130, plus £120, plus £75 = £325. Then that doesn't include the tiny memory cards. 360 comes with HD leads, headset, hard drive and all the rest. Not exactly comparable is it? Those four games were enjoyable, but two of them didn't last and the other two were only fun in multiplayer.

Oblivion ftw lol

Actually games and controllers were available for £30 and £15 on the net (as you so repeatedly say about 360 software ;) ). So that makes it £285 in my calculations. And don't forget you've actually four cracking games there to play whereas with a 360 you have a nice machine... To get the same comparable experience on the 360 you would have to spend £280 for the machine + £160 (minimum) for four games and £75 for three controllers = £515.

So, no Spew, it's not comparable at all.

He was reffering to the gentleman who said that all 360 games are shit. Oh the irony of your post.

Name one genuinely original game currently out on the Xbox 360. One.

Gah - I can't believe I wrote this. I totally set myself up to fail here.

Edited by Liquid Myth

Actually games and controllers were available for £30 and £15 on the net (as you so repeatedly say about 360 software ;) ). So that makes it £285 in my calculations. And don't forget you've actually four cracking games there to play whereas with a 360 you have a nice machine... To get the same comparable experience on the 360 you would have to spend £280 for the machine + £160 (minimum) for four games and £75 for three controllers = £515.

So, no Spew, it's not comparable at all.

Games yes, controllers no, they weren't that cheap and still aren't. I repeatedly say that when people moan about the £50 price point. The memory cards also had about a £2 difference to in-store and online, that makes it around £310, the 360 comes with a hard drive, a lot more functionality (media streaming, music, photos, DVD, Live from the box with downloadable games and demos).

Why would you need three controllers for a 360? I have two extra ones and haven't used them more than twice.

Name one genuinely original game currently out on the Xbox 360. One.

Outpost Kaloki X.