The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

Time to bring back the legend methinks

murray-walker-v1.jpg

I'll come back later and give you more negs for this post... I can't think of anything worse than Murray returning from retirement. Oh wait, there is... Raikkonen back in F1. Definitely one of the most over-rated drivers of this current generation.

Awesome stuff.

I'm probably the only one but I wouldn't have a problem with it being Allen. I wonder what Brundle's opinion of Allen is.

I'm pretty sure he's said publicly that he rates him as an excellent commentator. I vaguely remember seeing him say it at an awards show or something.

Anyway, Allen is good. Not just in comparison to Legarse but in his own right.

I really didn't like Allen I just don't think he worked as a commentator, wouldn't want to see him and his Hamilton love story back. Plus it means he does more of what he is really good at F1 journalism, his blog is excellent, read it regularly.

On Ben Edwards, I'm quite sure they did try to get him initially but there was a problem, I can't remember exactly but I think it was some clash of contracts or something like that.

Sure, Allen knows his stuff and his blog is one of the best. But he is a cock and was as bad as Legend when it came to talking crap. He likes the sound of his own voice and never ever missed a chance to big Ferrari up. He practically had a constant hard on for Ferrari and Micheal Schumacher.

hmm that's not quite how i remember it. Brundle spent most of his time correcting whatever bollocks Allen was talking about.

They made a good team because Brundle knew what he was talking about and Allen would let him explain stuff and not cut across him.

Brundle knows the drivers well, Allen knew the team personnel well. Legared appears to know fuck all.