The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

Nice graph, quite interesting seeing there's 3 distinct groups and if you include the rest of the drivers they're quite closely grouped as well. Interesting seeing how team mates compare in the graph, if you take the top two to be close enough to be near enough the same group, Petrov, Schumacher and Massa are the only drivers to be in a grouping below that of their team mate, so the under performers of the season so far you could say from the graph.

But if you take the Massa/Alonso team orders fiasco in to account and swap their positions for that race, they would be a lot closer. But otherwise I'd probabaly agree with what you've said.

True, there are obviously lots of external factors that the graph doesn't really show you and Ferrari being Ferrari like to add in some of their own. I still think Alonso has generally preformed better than Massa, but then is it one driver under performing or the other over performing. Still as a general view it's interesting to look at and would be quite interesting to compare to previous seasons, I'll have to see if there are any or maybe do them myself.

yeah was pretty fricking dull. I was gutted Lewis went out. Robbed us of a more interesting race.

Pretty dumb move by him I felt. I love the fact that he'll race like a mofo unlike boreathon smooth button but ther'es times when you think "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu just hang back for a second." I guess it's that try to find a gap where there isn't one that makes him such a fine racer though I guess.

Shit me, I tried hard to stay awake after racing all day to watch the highlights and got greeted by that borefest? if it wasn't for the fact the cars really are hauling arse round there, and that being a spectacle in itself, I would definatley have fallen asleep.

Interesting, because I thought his Pirelli contract stopped him racing in 2011.

I really do hope that the Heidfeld rumours are true, it's almost criminal he hasn't got a seat this season. I've seen rumours of him going to Renault next season as well, would hope that's still a possibility, be nice to see him in a decent car.

I've seen that mentioned a few times now but no conformation of it. On the one hand it makes sense as he would have some advantage, but then I wouldn't have thought Heidfeld would sign a contract that prevents him racing next season.

There's an interview with him on the F1 website, which certainly doesn't suggest he's locked out for next year!

Q: How will the fact that you are the most knowledgeable driver with the new tyres boost your own career?

NH: Well I think it is obvious that this fact helps. We are in talks with a couple of teams and everybody knows that I am helping Pirelli develop the tyres. So yes, it is a bonus, and yes, there are definite talks for next season, but so far no signature. I am quite confident of making a return to the grid next year. I am very thankful to Mercedes that they let me go. They always said that they would not stand in my way should there be an opportunity for me, and they didn’t.

Q: How much would your Pirelli knowledge help any team you were to race for next season?

NH: It is no secret that I’m not doing these tests for money but in order to pave my way back into a cockpit for 2011. I am helping Pirelli to develop their tyres - I give them my comments, they implement them, and so we improve the tyres step by step. That should be an asset for many teams.

RE: The Sakon incident.

The commentators on Speed said that the guy was his radio engineer who was messing with his helmet to fix a radio issue. He's not someone who's ever really on the pit lane, so lacked training and protective gear. The team said he had the clearance to be there but still, during the race you'd want to be very clear about people around racing cars.

RE: The Sakon incident.

The commentators on Speed said that the guy was his radio engineer who was messing with his helmet to fix a radio issue. He's not someone who's ever really on the pit lane, so lacked training and protective gear. The team said he had the clearance to be there but still, during the race you'd want to be very clear about people around racing cars.

Is far as I know (FOM never give me one) the access to the Pit Lane is simply for holders of a 'Pit Lane' pass. This is for all personnel who are in the garages as well, so it's at the team's discretion who they actually let in to the pit lane. Letting a radio engineer without head protection work on the car in a live race situation was a risk that HRT thought was worth taking.

I don't get the Kimi F1 love. He had a stinking attitude towards the end and he clearly couldn't give two shits about the sport. Why would coming back in a slower car alter this? Why not stay in rallying with the new regs next year?

I've heard that the only reason that the contract is stalling in WRC is because Monster are after him, they always planned a two car team with Block...

I don't get the Kimi F1 love. He had a stinking attitude towards the end and he clearly couldn't give two shits about the sport. Why would coming back in a slower car alter this? Why not stay in rallying with the new regs next year?

I've heard that the only reason that the contract is stalling in WRC is because Monster are after him, they always planned a two car team with Block...

There's no doubt he's fast, but you can't but help wonder how much Citreon are getting back from that deal? how many times has he stuffed the car into the nearest solid object? there's a years worth of 'crash' material from him alone this season.