The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

Legard should be sent back to do the Radio commentary and Croft should give the TV job a shot.

There was a part of the race where we were shown slow motion replays of Hamilton's and Button's rear tyres. Legard couldn't figure out that they were showing us the the difference in tyre condition between the two cars. He just said "and I wonder why we're seeing this, I can't see anything wrong there, just a pretty picture I think". Idiot.

Agreed that Legard should go back to radio. On more than one occasion he became too excited and I couldn't understand what he was talking about at all.

I also seem to remember him talking about Hamilton driving a milk float, might have misheard him though.

Agreed that Legard should go back to radio. On more than one occasion he became too excited and I couldn't understand what he was talking about at all.

I also seem to remember him talking about Hamilton driving a milk float, might have misheard him though.

He did indeed, but for me the most :facepalm: of all for him was saying both the Virgin Racing cars are set to finish as the camera cuts to Glock retiring.

Legard also totally missing Button passing Alonso (shown on screen) to then BELLOW 3 mins later BUTTON HAS PASSED ALONSO WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN....

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

He did indeed, but for me the most :facepalm: of all for him was saying both the Virgin Racing cars are set to finish as the camera cuts to Glock retiring.

Legard also totally missing Button passing Alonso (shown on screen) to then BELLOW 3 mins later BUTTON HAS PASSED ALONSO WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN....

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah, that made me laugh. But to be fair, Brundle missed it too at first. It happened while the camera was looking down from a helicopter.

Allen used to wind me up big time as a commentator. But as a F1 writer he excels. He strips away the fluff around an issue - be it politics or tech issues and gives you what feels like the insiders insight into what's really going on. I can't rate him highly enough in this regard.

Mark Hughes is excellent on ITV F1 too, I always remember this article about why Hamilton is good in the wet. He also writes for Autosport magazine.

Mark Hughes is excellent on ITV F1 too, I always remember this article about why Hamilton is good in the wet. He also writes for Autosport magazine.

He's with the BBC now - he's in the commentary box, supposedly watching the screens and advising Legard and Brundle on incidents they may have missed or interesting aspects of the race they may wish to focus on. Obviously, he has his work cut out there.

He also writes on the BBC website and of course Autosport. He most definitely knows his shit.

Hello chaps, just got back. Been catching up and down loading my pictures from Le Mans.

You think Canada was good. that was nothing to Le Mans, The sure fire bet your mortgage on Peugeot win failed miserably and Audi swept the podium. Rock and rool all round.

Now i really doo need to get some sleep :lol:

Hello chaps, just got back. Been catching up and down loading my pictures from Le Mans.

You think Canada was good. that was nothing to Le Mans, The sure fire bet your mortgage on Peugeot win failed miserably and Audi swept the podium. Rock and rool all round.

Now i really doo need to get some sleep :(

It is a shame the Peugeot didn't manage to hold out, would have kept the final few hours really tense. Still, it was a really good year, lucky with the weather as it was dryer than forecast. The British national anthem was sung louder than the french one for the first time ever :wub:.

Gendarmes were out in full stealth mode on the way back though :lol: .

I'd pulled the number 8 Audi for 3rd spot in the coach sweep stake, Imagine my horror as first the number 1 Peugeot then the Oreca Peugeot exploded in a shower of hot metal engine parts. :lol:

As you say, it did make the last few hours a bit of an anti climax, especially after Davidson had taken out the leading GT2 Vett. But who cares, there was beer, cars, nice weather and naqked dutch man to keep everyone entertained.

On the way back some bloke had been pulled by the cops and had to sit in the back of his mates car. This ment they had to dump 3 cases of beer, one of which he handed to our coach for free. happy days :wub:

Legard should be sent back to do the Radio commentary and Croft should give the TV job a shot.

There was a part of the race where we were shown slow motion replays of Hamilton's and Button's rear tyres. Legard couldn't figure out that they were showing us the the difference in tyre condition between the two cars. He just said "and I wonder why we're seeing this, I can't see anything wrong there, just a pretty picture I think". Idiot.

To be fair, as I said at the time, they have a much, much worse picture than us.

I'd pulled the number 8 Audi for 3rd spot in the coach sweep stake, Imagine my horror as first the number 1 Peugeot then the Oreca Peugeot exploded in a shower of hot metal engine parts. <_<

As you say, it did make the last few hours a bit of an anti climax, especially after Davidson had taken out the leading GT2 Vett. But who cares, there was beer, cars, nice weather and naqked dutch man to keep everyone entertained.

On the way back some bloke had been pulled by the cops and had to sit in the back of his mates car. This ment they had to dump 3 cases of beer, one of which he handed to our coach for free. happy days :P

I was glued to it all weekend, incredible race.

Bridgestone to be more aggressive with their tyres, to try and help produce more races like Canada. Hopefully this will also have an influence on the negotiations for next seasons supplier as well. I was happy to see an end to the tyre war at the time but would welcome it back now, doubt that will happen but I do hope they note that being more aggressive helps give the fans what they want to see.