rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nick_L

The Formula 1 Thread

What difference do the understanding of the rules make ? They should have and should always tell the truth when ask by the stewards, the rule book will judge who is right.

They should read it, instead they guess and lie.

If it were that simple we wouldn't be in this mess. The last few years have had some very inconsistent and just plain odd decisions from the stewards. The rule book simply can't be relied on for seeing who is right. This isn't just a McLaren problem, though they do seem to often be on the wrong end of it. Remember Bourdais' 25 second penalty for being driven into by Massa in Japan last year?

I completely agree, that's why i said "the FIA have made some shocking decisions"

But it's still not ok to lie to the stewards.

It's not ok, but if we look at what should have actually happened, I'm sure everyone's agreed that the rules show that Hamilton should have been third, right? With the absurd FIA decisions in the past, I don't really blame McLaren for doing whatever they can to try and get them to make the right decision for once. They lied, but the result was right.

If they'd told the truth at the start Massa probably would have been promoted to a win or something.

It's not ok, but if we look at what should have actually happened, I'm sure everyone's agreed that the rules show that Hamilton should have been third, right? With the absurd FIA decisions in the past, I don't really blame McLaren for doing whatever they can to try and get them to make the right decision for once. They lied, but the result was right.

If they'd told the truth at the start Massa probably would have been promoted to a win or something.

Indeed. With their history of making bizarre decisions I'd be put money on McLaren's motivation being "Shit, if they find out we let Trulli back past we'll get in trouble for cheating", rather than "We're going to make damn sure we get 3rd out of this!". And if they'd told told the truth we'd probably be arguing over a FIA press saying "McLaren have been disqualified from the race for forcing Toyota to overtake under safety car conditions".

Cheers for that. After a few hours play I've got it built and running (took longer than it should really).

It's very nice, my only complaint is not being able to change the font size through a wider range (i.e. larger). So had to setup a gnome-terminal profile with larger text.

Much better than running the web browser I think. Although I'll still need to use that as well for the occasional weather and position history checks.

It's the fact that the Mclaren sporting director feels he has to go into the stewards and lie to get what to everyone KNOWS is the right result. That's what worries me.

Every one is paranoid about how the rules are going to be interperated.

It's just a mess !

Very interesting qualifying so far. Alonso could be in danger here.

Edit: And Hamilton

We are heading to the dark days again at Ferrari :)

Might as well bring back Alesi and Berger.

Got to think Button was on the Hard tyres. If so love his style.

Plus top 15 covered by 1 second. This is a golden age for F1.

not a chance, they'll be back up front by europe

Speed is there, but the management is missing, decision making shocking and the cars are fucking brittle since Ross Brawn left.

Will BMW and Mclaren make it through to Q3 ?

Hopefully BMW do.

i would not mind if legard would just stop speaking. all he does is say "x is on a charge!" and read the top fastest when i can read that myself, and it is the slowest 5 that are of interest in qualy 1 and 2!

i would not mind if legard would just stop speaking. all he does is say "x is on a charge!" and read the top fastest when i can read that myself, and it is the slowest 5 that are of interest in qualy 1 and 2!

I'm wondering if they're using some software written by EA to do most of his commentary. It's classic games style: just bursts of useless comments and over excitment.

Also, fantastic to hear Button i still on hards. Kicking ass.

I sit here using the Live Timing.

Alonso has S1 pretty much nailed, however S2 & 3 are shocking

i've switched to the five live comentry. It's much much better. Antony Davise is great, he really knows his onions

Thanks, I' forgotten they were on in sessions other than practice. I think they're a much better combination: Croft particularly excellent.

I didn't mind James Allen, not sure why people disliked him so much, but this blagger is pants.

"X is on the bubble" "Y is on the bubble" "Z is on the bubble" repeat ad nauseum

I'm torn now between Davidson who's great, and loyalty to the moob-sporting legend.

It's a nat bollock between the top 5 .. phew

It's not though. Still the post qualifying shuffle with penalties.

not a chance, they'll be back up front by europe

Still a full second off the pace...

Nope! :)