rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nick_L

The Formula 1 Thread

HA! Loving the ITV news slow mo of the moment of realization in the Ferrari pit.

Over to you George:

Am I the only one who finds that heartbreaking to watch? It's awful, the look on his father's face is just terrible. It's such a cruel way to lose, thinking that you've won. All of his dreams for his son realised and taken away in the space of about 8 seconds.

:lol:

Am I the only one who finds that heartbreaking to watch? It's awful, the look on his father's face is just terrible. It's such a cruel way to lose, thinking that you've won. All of his dreams for his son realised and taken away in the space of about 8 seconds.

:lol:

not cruel as such since he was hardly robbed in the same way the FIA shafted Hamilton earlier in the season with post race penalties that changed the results.

it's just a peril of premature celebration, given the race was still running.

Well that's nice coming from choddo who is a mod.

In the x factor thread jpickford said "diana should just die" - no explanation as to why. He just said it. In the buzzcocks thread a few people called James Cordon a cunt. He is a cunt and makes them sick. I haven't seen anyone start banging on at them for saying such things. For them to explain themselves. No one has told them to "cunt off", told them they were talking shite, are a prick etc etc. There is no reasoning other than they seem to loathe the people. But no one gives a fuck (and rightly so I think)

I'd fucking love to see the reaction had I come in here at the start of the race and said "Hamilton is a cunt who makes me sick and I hope he dies".

Nice one choddo by the way. I don't really "know" people on this tread as such. But because of the hd tv thread I did at least have respect for you. No doubt if I answered back in a similar way I'd be looking at a warning or a ban.

There is one point you fail to mention time after time after time - the best driver won, Hamilton is the best driver - the only yardsticks we have are that he was in the same car as the perceived best driver and he handed him his ass on a plate in his first season. In his second season he won the world championship in arguably a slower car than the Ferrari.

If you said ' Man i totally respect the guys ability and he is clearly the best driver on his day in any given conditions but personally i find him an intolerable cunt (much like this Steveh character on rllmuk) you may get some sympathy. Sticking with your 'waaah waaah waaah i hate drivers who win without being dirty cheating cunts who don't even let a team mate compete on an equal footing with them' is getting tired and boring.

I fear you will be as missed as James Allen around the F1 fans in here.

emjay2k: I said it was bad for the sport from my own personal point of view. This is the first year I have actually not watched F1 races. I've seen maybe half of them, and even then not all the way through. I wanted to like it again, but couldn't find it in me to really get behind any of the drivers.

I was going to watch the first race on the BBC just to see how they handled things compared to ITV. But from my point of view, I won't now because it's obvious exactly what will be going on. And I am not going to tune in and watch almost blanket coverage of someone I don't like. Followed by a race where there is no one I want to cheer on. I only watched this race because it was the last of the season.

I am pissed off because I not what you would call an avid sports fan. F1 and the Moto Gp are my only real loves where sport is concerned. It's a shame that there isn't enough of a reason to keep me watching the sport I have followed since I was at school.

I guess if there are any new exciting drivers next year then it might get me interested again.

But for every time I "banged on" about Hamilton, there were twice as many massalol's and twice as many again FIA biased comments. But because they came from Hamilton fans it was never tiresome or boring it seems. Frankly I thought the same massa crying pics being posted countless times each race weekend he had bad fortune grew weary a long time ago.

Exactly. They mentioned briefly how Massa's dad took him racing, sacrificed his time etc. - pretty much what Lewis's dad did, just on two opposite sides.

Hamilton is the best driver in your opinion. It's not fact and can't be measured as fact unless every driver is given exactly the same equipment and isn't subject to any accidents or breakdowns. The same way as Senna, Schumacher or any of the greats can never be called "the best" because someone will always have reasons as to why one of the others was better.

edit: a quick look on wiki reveals Hamilton and Alonso finished equal on points. You have a funny interpretation of "handing his ass to him".

Yeah you probably saw Vettel pass Hamilton when he ran wide like a noob.

I was thinking about that earlier; did he run wide, or did Hamilton let Vettel through so he didn't take him out while trying to overtake?

That might seem strange, but after the race I heard someone from McLaren saying that they told Lewis that he was going to catch Glock on the final lap. They cut it incredibly fine in the end, but I guess they were expecting more rain to come and slightly earlier than it actually did, only really starting half-way through the final lap.

It was one hell of a call if that's what they did do.

Hamilton is the best driver in your opinion. It's not fact and can't be measured as fact unless every driver is given exactly the same equipment and isn't subject to any accidents or breakdowns. The same way as Senna, Schumacher or any of the greats can never be called "the best" because someone will always have reasons as to why one of the others was better.

So we know Hamilton is better than Alonso and Kovi, we just need to arrange a shootout in say a force india with the other drivers and we can settle this.

Or we could use the age old method of winning championships but i guess that is just silly !

Schumacher wasn't all that, Brundle was better in the same car half the time - Schumacher just got lucky OBV

Or we could use Rain races to measure driver skill, NO NO NO sorry Hamilton was the best then so we couldn't use that - sorry my mistake.

I was thinking about that earlier; did he run wide, or did Hamilton let Vettel through so he didn't take him out while trying to overtake?

That might seem strange, but after the race I heard someone from McLaren saying that they told Lewis that he was going to catch Glock on the final lap. They cut it incredibly fine in the end, but I guess they were expecting more rain to come and slightly earlier than it actually did, only really starting half-way through the final lap.

It was one hell of a call if that's what they did do.

it was Kubica who caused that by unlapping himself, i need to see the reply to catch exactly how it all happened.

There would have been some irony in Lewis losing by taking it too easy (which he probably did today, under instruction) after losing it last year for being too aggressive.

edit: a quick look on wiki reveals Hamilton and Alonso finished equal on points. You have a funny interpretation of "handing his ass to him".

Surely this goes to prove that he is the best driver. Regardless of whether you find the media attention placed upon him by the British press positive or grating, his performance this season has truly set him apart from Massa. It obvious.

But for every time I "banged on" about Hamilton, there were twice as many massalol's and twice as many again FIA biased comments.

Maybe, just maybe, that's because the British people on this forum outnumber the Brazilian/Italian people by 1000 to 1?

Well it is fact. He has the most points in the season and won the drivers championship. By any definition it makes him the best driver this season overall.

are you mental?

a quick look on the official F1 site says Hamilton won by 37 points.

http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/

I was responding to shimmyhills comment that Hamilton handed Alonsos arse to him when they were both at McLaren last year. At least I think that's what he meant? in which case they tied on points. Apologies if that isn't what he meant.

I was responding to shimmyhills comment that Hamilton handed Alonsos arse to him when they were both at McLaren last year. At least I think that's what he meant? in which case they tied on points. Apologies if that isn't what he meant.

I did mean last season.

I stand by my comment, points equal maybe but one was a 2 time world champion with many years experience and the other was a rookie who had not even raced some of the tracks.

It's a shame that there isn't enough of a reason to keep me watching the sport I have followed since I was at school.

There's been three different champions in 3 years, each driving for a different team. Surely this is a pretty good time for Formula 1?

I did mean last season.

I stand by my comment, points equal maybe but one was a 2 time world champion with many years experience and the other was a rookie who had not even raced some of the tracks.

Wasn't that the main reason for Whaalonso's epic dummy spitting display last season anyway.