The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

The arrow in his logo is going backwards. Kinda apt.

Feel a bit sorry for him, that's any aspiration to be a top line driver gone (not that he was one)

He should go back to Sauber.

I am hoping Kovaleinen impresses so he can take the Sauber seat.

Apparently the reason the Hulk didn't get to sit in the Lotus for the last two races is because Ferrari paid the outstanding salary for Sauber so he would have breached the contract if he would have moved to Lotus.

Also, as Ferrari fears they will end up in the fourth spot for constructor they "kindly" asked Kimi to do his surgery now. They would loose money from Bernies money pot...

All rumors but if that's true then Ferrari1 is sometimes worse than politics.

International Automobile Federation (FIA) president Jean Todt will stand unopposed for re-election next month after rival David Ward announced he was withdrawing his candidacy, reports Reuters.

"It has not proved possible for me to secure the required number of regional Vice Presidents for Sport to ensure the eligibility of my list," he wrote in a letter to FIA member clubs.

"I, therefore, would like to offer my congratulations to Jean Todt who will secure a second term uncontested if not unopposed."

Vettel, Webber, Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Hamilton, Alonso, Perez, Kovalainen, Bottas, Gutierrez.

So if once again we discount Vettel, that's a decent grid for the race. Please Lotus, get Hulkenberg for next season.

He also said 'I don't care about this year, it's all about next season for me' would love it Williams came out and said in that case fuck off and don't bother coming to Brazil.

Also don't see why they'd do it as although it's unlikely Marussia/Caterham will pick up points, with only 1 point Williams aren't exactly comfortable. Heavy rain and a crazy race in Brazil who knows, stranger things have happened. Fingers crossed for that just so we can end the season on a high, put off the doom and gloom of quiet engines and funny noses for a bit.