IGNORED

The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

Both great drivers in different ways. If it was a wet race you'd want Senna in the car though - Prost would be too cautious, and I remember him giving up completely in the wet at Silverstone once. (That was a cold, miserable viewing experience but a great race).

I think it is real. But under normal circumstances he'd do the surgery in the off season.

Yeah. I think the top three in the drivers championship still get a nice shiny trophy at the end of the season, so he'd presumably still be after that if the desire to punish the team wasn't stronger!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24903272

Alonso also has a back injury.... if I was Ferrari management I'd be worried!

As for Perez, I don't think they got rid of him because he didn't perform - but because he had friction with Button. As a No 2 driver he did good, scoring a decent amount of points for the car they had.

Alonso's back injury was known about wasn't it? He was submitted to some very high G-Forces when racing against Vergne after coming out of the pits, apparently he set off the G-Force alarm on the car or something.

Kubica says return to F1 is "almost impossible". He can race in two seaters, but it seems F1 cockpits are too narrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24907004

I saw something with him a few months ago where he reckoned about an extra 2" of cockpit width would be all he needed, which I suppose is nothing in most circumstances but a massive amount in terms of F1 regs.