IGNORED

The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

I was hoping Vettel would do a doughnut and glad to see he did. Sod the FIA killjoys.

The Marussias and Catarhams were so far back, after years of trying, I'm wondering if they will leave soon. Could be a very short grid in future years what with financial problems at other teams. Catarhams 70 seconds behind the cars in front, and marussias 70 secnds behind them.

I'm not so sure. Without seeing it again, I think Alonso was alongside when Verne forced him off.

Looking at it again, I stand by my opinion

Alonso should get a penalty for that overtake off the circuit, but I bet he doesn't.

He didn't, and rightly so - JEV didn't leave him any space so going off track was the only option.

Dull race really. Only real over-takes were in DRS zones. Vettels doughnuts were probably the highlight. Roll on 2014.

Good news, looks like Hulk is going to get the Lotus drive after all.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111129

This is good on a number of levels. For a start he deserves a good car, but more importantly it keeps Maldonado at Williams. Now I would MUCH prefer Williams to have 2 proper drivers, but right now they need the money just to survive. So being able to keep hold of Mal is a good thing.

I quite like the tactical challenge posed by the DRS zones at Abu Dhabi.

Do you take the opportunity in DRS1 and risk them taking the place back in DRS2, or do you hold off and trick them into using all their KERS defending in DRS1 saving your KERS for the DRS2 pass with no chance of comebacks?

Likewise if you're defending do you save KERS in DRS1 and let them past, hoping to get them back at DRS2 with a full charge.

I quite like the tactical challenge posed by the DRS zones at Abu Dhabi.

Do you take the opportunity in DRS1 and risk them taking the place back in DRS2, or do you hold off and trick them into using all their KERS defending in DRS1 saving your KERS for the DRS2 pass with no chance of comebacks?

Likewise if you're defending do you save KERS in DRS1 and let them past, hoping to get them back at DRS2 with a full charge.

Several of the drivers seem to be using KERS as they got onto that first straight, trying to get up to speed quicker before they could activate the DRS. But then it was the gearing that was the key, Webber's long 7th gear patently more effective than Hamilton or Alonso.

Bear in mind that the film really doesn't portray Prost in a good light and while the rivalry was spicy, Prost the man wasn't the devil. Senna was also pretty devious but generally the two cared about driver safety and the rest of the grid.