IGNORED

The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

Disappointed that Nico underperformed again. When it really matters all he can do is serenely drive to second. Luckily Lewis made up for it with an aggressive, purposeful and battling slide back to 6th against all odds!

Ooh, doughnuts. I reckon Vettel is going to win the rest of these this year.

I've never heard that rule.

They made it up specially for Hamilton a few years back, when he overtook off track, gave back the place and then overlook again a few corners later (on Raikkonen at Spa?). Ruled you were still deemed to be profiting from the original advantage and had to wait until the next lap for another go.

They made it up specially for Hamilton a few years back, when he overtook off track, gave back the place and then overlook again a few corners later (on Raikkonen at Spa?). Ruled you were still deemed to be profiting from the original advantage and had to wait until the next lap for another go.

Hamilton of course did technically wait for the next lap.

Fair play for the doughnuts on the pit straight, that was pretty cool :)

I didn't think much of Vettels comments about booing though. I'm sure its not very nice, but for him to say he hadn't done anything wrong was pushing it a bit. He was pretty out of order at China when passing his team mate and making some pretty disparaging radio comments about Webber also being too slow ("Get him out of the way").

Its like there are two versions of Vettel - the likable guy in interviews who appears on Top Gear and the like. And the racing driver who sits in his Red Bull every other week making annoying comments/one-fingered gestures.

Meh, roll on 2014.

Vettel reprimanded for doing donuts on the pit straight instead of heading straight to Parc Ferme, Red Bull fined €25,000 for letting him do it. Oh and thats after taking into account the "special circumstances".

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24182/8994646/sebastian-vettel-reprimanded-by-indian-gp-stewards-for-title-celebrating-doughnuts

I think they'll take that.