Sign in to follow this  
Nick_L

The Formula 1 Thread

Great end to the race, was really hoping Webber would get it, 1 more lap and he probably could have. Decent weekend for Alonso and the Championship, a good recovery by Massa.

Wouldn't want to be the one that explains to Kimi why they didn't pit him.

What a finish! Made possible by Vettel's retirement.

see how much more exciting races are once he's gone!

Webber and Hamilton are the true winners here, had damage from no fault of their own, and made amazing recoveries. Would have been the best if Webber won, he loves Britain and this would have been a fitting farewell. Similarly a win for Lewis would also be a fairytale, after his move.

It also shows that Mercedes have solved their tyre heating problem

I think Kimi will push to move to Red Bull after this season, Lotus have made too many mistakes costing him points, possibly the WC.

And he actually got smacked in the helmet after Verne's tyre blown. And I would have pooped myself in Alonso's shoes when behind Perez.

lol with Hamilton's interview

"Congrats to Nico, another easy win for him, we made it easy for him"

:D

Strong words with Pirelli too

I'm not convinced by that explanation, we see plenty of street circuits and places where cars go well off the track, get launched into the air, all over places where they aren't supposed to go and over carbon fiber debris but their tyres don't explode on the next straight.

It's probably a combination of the sharp kerb, fast exit coming from it and Pirelli.

On the BBC forum - lol at the single girl going DC when everyone's cheering for Murray :facepalm:

And Eddie just barging in whilst the entire Mercedes crew are waiting on a photo!

"It's smelling of armpits here"

Two things. This is very different to the Indy situation - I'm guessing it's a combination of the higher track temperature today, coupled with teams trying to run at lower pressure to reduce ride height. If it is the kerbs contributing to the failure, then it's more down to the drivers for taking the risk than the tyre for failing.

And we saw several overtakes that weren't down to DRS (for example after the safety cars) so to say it's ruined the sport is to miss the point.

If it is the kerbs contributing to the failure, then it's more down to the drivers for taking the risk than the tyre for failing.

But the rule is that two wheels must be inside the white lines, so it's a totally legitimate line.

Got to be Bridgestone for next year. Three punctures on my Michelin bicycle tyres on this afternoon's ride, so I wouldn't trust them either!

• Upvote 1

I know everyone is blaming Pirelli but isn't this all the FIA's fault. They set out the parameters of what they want the tyres to do and Pirelli then make them to those specifications and with the ban on in season testing they are unable to improve the tyres over the course of the season.

• Upvote 2

Just got back home from silverstone.

Amazing atmosphere there today. Was gutted for Hamilton, the whole crowd was down when his tyre went.

I was sat at Abbey, everyone in the stand went mental when vettel went out. Great weather as well especially considering what it's been like so far this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

THE TYRES ARE RUBBISH

That is all I have to say on the subject.

Rosberg won, because his tyres didn’t explode and his engine didn’t break

Webber was second after complaining to his team that his start line procedure didn’t work properly

Alonso raced the arse off the car yet again to third because Ferrari can’t get the thing dialled in before the race

Hamilton was robbed in fourth

Kimi was lucky the track was warm and the tyres worked for him after a cold qualifying left him a long way back, fifth today... will he be in a Redbull next year ..... yes.

Massa also had to race back after his tyre exploded

Sutil was dull

Ricciardo is still convinced his eighth place today will mean something to Redbull at the end of the year.

Di Resta is counting down the days before he can tell the press just what he thinks of the Force India team in ninth

Hulkenberg must be wondering if the move to Sauber was worth it after all ... the answer, is no.

I'm going to watch the rest of Glasto and drink port now.

MrPogo,25
Charles,24
Tokyo Bogue,21
James Roberts,19
PeteyGol,19
Duane,17
roskelld,17
Velse,17
Myoozikk,16
Joffy,16
Marmite,16
Boozy The Clown,15
Tomox02,14
Picasso Of Pain,14
Sidewaysbob,13
Mortis,12
jerichoDX,11
Gospvg,11
Kiroquai,10
Davius,10
Simbo,9
JobiStod,9
CrashBangDan,9
nuskool,9
whizzo,8
mlewis,8
mexos,6
Bushtopher,6
Haver,6
Keineboom,6

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ye gads! That must be the first time I've ever even been out of the bottom half of the scorers (and indeed it's a rare occasion where I'm not in the bottom few!)! :o