Taking it back to the old skool...

dizogg

As Lunch Box said, the d-pad is better than the PS2's (awkward diagonals)

at least the PS2's d pad doesnt carve up your thumb (PS1 does yes but they changed it just enough on the PS2 to stop it) and it has analogue sticks that look like they're working while the DC they just don't work at all you may as well be shouting commands at a blind tramp using a d-pad and it would be closer to analogue control than the DC's stick is.

Maybe the DC's d-pad wouldnt matter if like the cube its stick worked, but because it has a useless stick you have to always use the d-pad.

DC Pad has/d it's pluses. Triggers, VMU (being able to calls plays on the VMU in NFL 2K2, but you can't see the thing in low light) the D-pad, it's not the best d-pad, but I stand by my comments. It was really uncomfortable to use the triggers with the analogue stick, which was nice (but analogue control was mostly poorly implemented by developers) but the thumb grip was really shit and there should have been two sticks. The lead was too short and the buttons were ok, but maybe too tall for some games. Overall it was an innovative yet poorly designed pad.

Ok?

All those moaning about the lead coming out the back, you do know that if you turn the pad over the lead fits into the little groove just under the dual expansion slot, don't you? Just checking like.

at least the PS2's d pad doesnt carve up your thumb (PS1 does yes but they changed it just enough on the PS2 to stop it) and it has analogue sticks that look like they're working while the DC they just don't work at all you may as well be shouting commands at a blind tramp using a d-pad and it would be closer to analogue control than the DC's stick is.

Maybe the DC's d-pad wouldnt matter if like the cube its stick worked, but because it has a useless stick you have to always use the d-pad.

I think there's something wrong with you analogue stick mate. Mine (all four pads) worked a treat on things like F355, MSR et al.

All those moaning about the lead coming out the back, you do know that if you turn the pad over the lead fits into the little groove just under the dual expansion slot, don't you? Just checking like.

I tried to tell them this, I really did! (but DC bashing must be in vogue again, so let's leave them to it)

PS2...has analogue sticks that look like they're working while the DC they just don't work at all you may as well be shouting commands at a blind tramp using a d-pad and it would be closer to analogue control than the DC's stick is.

You've just completely negated your argument by saying PS2 analogue sticks work well :lol:

Oh good Christ, let's give it all a rest. The DC pad was uncomfortable, but not Satan. Anyone who says that the Dual Shock sticks are analogue to a decent degree is a loon. Anyone who used anything but the a wheel (preferably the official one) for F355 is also a loon. DC sticks forever.

End of.

Fnarr.

I like them bright green or bright red best.

Yeah, but I meant did you actually play it in the arcade? I could crazy boost like a fool on the DC, a mad fool, but in the arcade I let the entire crazy team down.

I tried it once in the arcade with visions of me being on for hours, little kids surrounding my machine and chanting my name like in 80's movies but I got about 5 minutes play before I ran out of time.

Boosting was shit hard without a pad!

I tried to tell them this, I really did! (but DC bashing must be in vogue again, so let's leave them to it)

I love the DC more than any other machine but the pad is shit. It has an ok stick and brilliant triggers but that where it ends. It's massive, uncomfortable, terrible unresponsive dpad, pish buttons and yes you could put the lead in the groove but it just really annoyed me that they designed it like that. Who wants a lead coming out the bottom of their pad? People who play games upside down?

It's nothing to do with DC bashing, it's about recognising flawed design even if it is in something we love.

I love the DC more than any other machine but the pad is shit. It has an ok stick and brilliant triggers but that where it ends. It's massive, uncomfortable, terrible unresponsive dpad, pish buttons and yes you could put the lead in the groove but it just really annoyed me that they designed it like that. Who wants a lead coming out the bottom of their pad? People who play games upside down?

It's nothing to do with DC bashing, it's about recognising flawed design even if it is in something we love.

Fair comment, it seems the DC pad is the true Marmite of controllers!

For example where you say it's massive with a poor dpad but brilliant triggers, others have argued that it's a bit too small, has a great dpad and the triggers are too thin!

Maybe companies should release 2 versions/sizes of the official controller, one for fat-handed twats and one for spastic/milk hands - a bit like Microsoft did but without the shitness of the fat controller?

Fickle hussies :)

I've never had a problem with it, it's always felt comfy as long as you don't grip it too tight (oo-er).

I like the lack of buttons too, nice clean layout - the d-pad can always act as 4 extra buttons anyway (and anything that uses the d-pad primarily should be played with the arcade stick!)

Not the best ever controller, but nowhere near bad.

Hahah

I took my DC out the other week and my hands were in real pain after half an hour.

The controller is shit, its a shit design because it is uncomfortable to hold. Much like big Xbox Duke pads were for many. It is a bad pad. Fine at the time though, terrible in hindsight. Bad controller, it is a badly designed controller. Its not the worst pad ever but it is near being bad because it is bad, a bad controller. I would not be surprised if it was listed as an example in a dictionary somewhere under bad. BAD.

P.S. Dizogg is funny.

Hahah

I took my DC out the other week and my hands were in real pain after half an hour.

The controller is shit, its a shit design because it is uncomfortable to hold. Much like big Xbox Duke pads were for many. It is a bad pad. Fine at the time though, terrible in hindsight. Bad controller, it is a badly designed controller. Its not the worst pad ever but it is near being bad because it is bad, a bad controller. I would not be surprised if it was listed as an example in a dictionary somewhere under bad. BAD.

P.S. Dizogg is funny.

Hmm.. wasn't half-term the other week?

Hmm.. wasn't half-term the other week?

lol i flaem yuo!1

Totally agreement with the boy Miffed. I love the DC like a brother, but that pad is utter, utter shit. It's just so hard on my knuckles, since they always press against the boxy bit at the back. Add to this the terrible D-Pad, generous spacing between the buttons, the analogue stick which rotates on the spot, and the razor-thin should buttons that don't have nearly enough travel, and it's a bit of a rough pad.

Streets of Rage two-player is ace. Thatisall.

I dunno if its because we were pissed but it seemed really hard not to keep beating each other up by mistake all the time. Makes it funnier, though. And maybe its because I like to throw everyone around.

I've completed SOFII about 15 times or something in 1 and 2 player over the years though. Its a new experience everytime!

DC Pad has/d it's pluses. Triggers,

I don't know, after playing bangai-o for two days i couldn't move my right trigger finger. The dc pad has no specified end zone for the trigger as the gc does and its quite thin and sharp and goes back under the palm too much so you always press it way too hard and it just destroys your finger after a long session.

Not that many people would notice its not like theres more than 3 games worth playing anyway. :wacko:

...and its quite thin and sharp and goes back under the palm too much so you always press it way too hard and it just destroys your finger after a long session.

Yes. I used to have this despression in my r-trigger finger after extended hours of Sega Rally 2 when I was competing but it was worth it.

Anyway, there's no excuse now 'cos some clever fella a few pages ago mentioned controller adapters. Genius!

Anyway, there's no excuse now 'cos some clever fella a few pages ago mentioned controller adapters. Genius!

But what about those of us who want to use Xbox pads instead of Dual Shocks? Does the technology exist? The Internet says no.