Taking it back to the old skool...

dizogg

Relax, guy. I'm not getting on your case, rather I'm seperating the various threads of this ropey issue.

Software piracy for productivity is one thing, torrenting DC games is quite another. I've got the odd DC CD-R here and there (specifically games that didn't get a PAL or any sort of release) and no-one can accuse me of 'cheating the system'. My oversized stack of legitimate DC titles (about 86, last count) puts paid to that argument.

Simply put, there are greater piracy issues at stake, like the example you have mentioned, the popularity of chipped Xbox's, flashcards for current handhelds and so on. I see no morality case for redistributing the DC library by any means necessary. I bet Sega themselves wouldn't either.

I'm hearing that. I spent hours at a time one week, doing laps around the place. I'd put on an infinite time cheat and follow the other cars. I got to the point where I had mastered it. Only the original level though, not the twisty complicated one. Brillant game. What's 3 like?

Yeah original is brilliant, I've barely played any of the arcade city to be honest. I played so much original that the only reason I would start to lose time was because my fingers would get to sore to keep up the crazy boosts.

Relax, guy. I'm not getting on your case, rather I'm seperating the various threads of this ropey issue.

Software piracy for productivity is one thing, torrenting DC games is quite another. I've got the odd DC CD-R here and there (specifically games that didn't get a PAL or any sort of release) and no-one can accuse me of 'cheating the system'. My oversized stack of legitimate DC titles (about 86, last count) puts paid to that argument.

Simply put, there are greater piracy issues at stake, like the example you have mentioned, the popularity of chipped Xbox's, flashcards for current handhelds and so on. I see no morality case for redistributing the DC library by any means necessary. I bet Sega themselves wouldn't either.

Absolutely - it is not as black and white as some people suggest. However, comments like "why pay for something I can get for free" are clearly designed to wind people up.

Absolutely - it is not as black and white as some people suggest. However, comments like "why pay for something I can get for free" are clearly designed to wind people up.

Well don't be then, and if I remember you said to him first that if he likes those DC games so much he should pay for them (I didnt see dizogg mention any other copied games anywhere) before he came out with that.

If someone asked me to pay for the snes games I have on my psp I'd tell them to stick one up where the sun don't shine. :)

Well don't be then, and if I remember you said to him first that if he likes those DC games so much he should pay for them (I didnt see dizogg mention any other copied games anywhere) before he came out with that.

If someone asked me to pay for the snes games I have on my psp I'd tell them to stick one up where the sun don't shine. :)

I said nothing of the sort. I thought the "wallet full of games" comment was completely unnecessary in a post apparently designed to big-up the DC.

I said nothing of the sort. I thought the "wallet full of games" comment was completely unnecessary in a post apparently designed to big-up the DC.

I dunno, the fact that you can pick one up for 20 quid and download all the classic games rather than dealing with ebay scumfucks is a pretty big positive for the DC

Fair enough, to me the post was more about enjoying the games today whatever form or way you get them in.

I think I prefer a 'Piracy is naughty' thread to 'My poor SEGA' nonsense.

(in the same way I'd rather be shot in the nads than the face)

So lets close this thread by saying that Piracy of curently available games is a bad thing, and Sega got caught with their trousers down and were royally sorted out by Sony in the marketing of their last consoles.

Case Closed. nothing to see here.......

Yeah original is brilliant, I've barely played any of the arcade city to be honest. I played so much original that the only reason I would start to lose time was because my fingers would get to sore to keep up the crazy boosts.

Did you play the arcade version miffed? I did, thinking I'd cane it, only to humilate myself by spending all my time fluffing crazy boosts.

So lets close this thread by saying that Piracy of curently available games is a bad thing, and Sega got caught with their trousers down and were royally sorted out by Sony in the marketing of their last consoles.

Case Closed. nothing to see here.......

Sega had their trousers down for so many years, I'm surprised they weren't arrested for indecent exposure.

Oh god, what am I doing arguing this? :P

F355, Soul Calibur, Code Veronica, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, MSR, Quake III...

So many more classics as well!

I easily had the best times with Dreamcast than any other console, even the newer ones..

It's one of my favourites, one of those games I'll play until I literally have to stop due to handcramps.

For 5 minutes then? The DC pad is so badly designed and the controls for that game so badly thought out that its only about 5 minutes till I have to stop in fear of doing serious damage to my hands.

sorry to shit on you parade guys but the DC deserved to die. Especially after they fucking cancelled JSR2. CUNTS.

For 5 minutes then? The DC pad is so badly designed and the controls for that game so badly thought out that its only about 5 minutes till I have to stop in fear of doing serious damage to my hands.

YAWN x 1000 :)

Can you start your own topic please? I'd suggest 'DC Troll' as a suitable title.

This topic is 'DC be fun, yarrrr', sorry if you took a wrong turn.