Taking it back to the old skool...

dizogg

As soon as I read Dizogg's comment I chuckled to myself.

Wetrix really IS pretty sweet though. Should I make a big shallow lake? Small deep ponds? A combination? OH SHIT ANOTHER EARTHQUAKE! BOMBSSSS! Oh crap i've made a big hole in the landscape! PLUG IT UP! The water felt good against my skin.

This thread has got me one step closer to putting the dreamcast in the living room. Still won't do it cause there's already too much there. Perhaps if I had some sort of box for storing consoles or something. Great console- powerstone 2, fur fighters and wacky racers were seemingly overlooked by everyone but me.

This thread has got me one step closer to putting the dreamcast in the living room. Still won't do it cause there's already too much there. Perhaps if I had some sort of box for storing consoles or something. Great console- powerstone 2, fur fighters and wacky racers were seemingly overlooked by everyone but me.

You need THIS:

WoodCube.jpg

Good old trusty Woodcube.

I had Fur Fighters and Wacky Racers. Both were ace. Unfortunatly Fur Fighters kept crashing at the same point so I couldn't continue, near the end of the game. So I took it back and swapped it for ECW Hardcore Revolution and some cash.

I have the same problem; there is only a finite amount of room under the TV.

Answer: Get some of the collapsing crates that you can get from B&Q/IKEA; bung a system, its cables, controllers and often played games in each crate. They can be then stacked and stored in a spare room or within reach from the loft hatch to be brought down when that Powerstone urge takes you.

Just plug and play.

Anyone who's got a modded Xbox, or uses torrents/newsgroups/whatever has no right to get on their high horse.

None of those things are illegal, or necessarily involve piracy. People might have a modded Xbox for media, or for a larger hard drive. Or for Linux. I use newsgroups all the time - for discussions. Even people like Ubi Soft and the Trackmania people use torrents for demo distribution.

None of those things are illegal, or necessarily involve piracy. People might have a modded Xbox for media, or for a larger hard drive. Or for Linux. I use newsgroups all the time - for discussions. Even people like Ubi Soft and the Trackmania people use torrents for demo distribution.

I use mine to play emulated playstation, commodore 64 and nintendo 64 games. Of course I'm not dizogg so half a dozen people aren't going to flame me and demand I be banned.

I use mine to play emulated playstation, commodore 64 and nintendo 64 games. Of course I'm not dizogg so half a dozen people aren't going to flame me and demand I be banned.

I demand that you are banned ;)

Anyway:

derailed.jpg

I use mine to play emulated playstation, commodore 64 and nintendo 64 games. Of course I'm not dizogg so I don't start threads and make provocative comments inthem to try and start an argument.

IFYP.

anyway,as an aside.

a non-gaming friend of mine once visited and we spent a couple of hours playing rainbow six on the xbox.

He enjoyed the shooting and we had a laugh,but then I put on bass fishing on the DC and his face lit up,he had one go,and excitedly proclaimed "this is fun!'

I chuckled and realised that this was what they call the 'sega effect' ;)

anyway,as an aside.

a non-gaming friend of mine once visited and we spent a couple of hours playing rainbow six on the xbox.

He enjoyed the shooting and we had a laugh,but then I put on bass fishing on the DC and his face lit up,he had one go,and excitedly proclaimed "this is fun!'

I chuckled and realised that this was what they call the 'sega effect' ;)

Despite a handful of decent releases I think sega lost their way after the DC died. Only Outrun 2 has really captured that "gamey" feeling that the first wave of DC titles had.

Luckily Nintendo have completely lost the plot / regained some semblance of sanity and given us the DS.

I'm afraid I'm anal enough to answer yes to all of the above. I used to work in software development, and its instilled a real anti-piracy streak in me. Why people think that just because its available on the net, that makes it OK to download it annoys me.

So, presumably no 3rd party drivers, emulators or roms, homebrew development platforms or such?

Crazy Taxi on the DC is possibly my favourite game ever. Well, it's the first one that springs to mind when someone asks the question anyroad.

It's one of my favourites, one of those games I'll play until I literally have to stop due to handcramps.

It's one of my favourites, one of those games I'll play until I literally have to stop due to handcramps.

I'm hearing that. I spent hours at a time one week, doing laps around the place. I'd put on an infinite time cheat and follow the other cars. I got to the point where I had mastered it. Only the original level though, not the twisty complicated one. Brillant game. What's 3 like?

What's 3 like?

It's not as bad as some people make out.

It has the first West Coast level, Small Apple from the second (now set at night) and a whole new Glitter Oasis level (think of Vegas) which isn't too great, sadly.

Some say it's been bastardized beyond recognition, what with the Crazy Hop and multiple customers per ride added to the mix, but there's still some classic Crazy Taxi action to be had.

Worth picking up cheap if you can find it.

Yeah, 'Taking it back to the old skool' with the Dreamcast....ffs. I'll get the Commodore PET I blagged from my old school and show you bloody old school. Why don't you just start the millionth topic on how good Sega once was and how the DC got crushed by nasty old Sony.

Isn't it your bedtime yet?

Yeah, 'Taking it back to the old skool' with the Dreamcast....ffs. I'll get the Commodore PET I blagged from my old school and show you bloody old school. Why don't you just start the millionth topic on how good Sega once was and how the DC got crushed by nasty old Sony.

Isn't it your bedtime yet?

Apt username.

So, presumably no 3rd party drivers, emulators or roms, homebrew development platforms or such?

Nope to all, but they aren't really what I'm getting at. I'm talking about people grabbing for free what should normally be paid for. To put it in perspective, commercial software I helped write with a book price of over a million has turned up being used by orgs who should not have had it. And that cost jobs in terms of the lost revenue at the time. That has instilled a hard line against piracy in me, and maybe I take it too far when it comes to games. But if you look at what I've posted I'm just saying I don't agree with it, I've not attacked anyones views on this, everyone can make up their own minds on what they think is OK and what is not.

I'm backing off from this argument now as too many people, probably including me, have such a different take on this, we'll never agree. I don't want to get caught in a bunfight.