Booting 5/3/06

FishyFish

Freezing but nice this morning.

Picked up:

Atari Jaguar and two games (Cybermorph & Brutal Sports Football) - £15

Donkey Kong board game - 50p

Masters of the Universe pop-up board game - £1

Boxed Megadrive II & 4 games - £6

Ocarina of Time Collectors Edition - £7 (it was sealed in plastic, but only had the standard non-gold cart inside when I got it home - won't fall for that again ^_^ )

And a couple of minty Japanese SNES games - £6 each

snesgames.jpg

Didn't go until about 10:30, but still got some decent stuff:

Sonic the Hedgehog (megadrive AND BOXED :wub:) - 25p, deffo worth it, allready had the megadrive verision on one of those multicart things, but its allways nice to have boxed veirsiosn aswell eh

The Ninja (Master System) - 25p, I'd seen this game in gamestation and thought it looked pretty decent, but it was a lot better than I expected. Probally my favrite master system games atm

WWF Smackdown (PS1) - 25p, Didnt actually have the game inside ¬_¬ But the box was perfect so it was worth it really, just to get a spare box

Carmageon (PS1) - 25p, random over-voilent racing game inwich you race and that the same time get to run over crudly animated humans. Great fun actually. The person how I bought it from managed to drop (and brake) the box, so it was just aswell I had a spare ^_^

WWF Smackdown 2 (PS1) - 25p, Not as good as WF atitude, but has more funky options and stuff.

WWF Attudude (PS1) - 25p,... um as said above really :wub:

Aliens VS Predator (PC) - 50p , I would'nt normally buy/play PC games, I rember playing it a few years ago and thinking it was quite good

There was also someone selling Worms for the PS1 for £4, But I thought that was abit much since it would only be £3 in game. that and I dont think it I could buy 1 game for £4 when id just bought 6 for £1.50 :/

And a couple of minty Japanese SNES games - £6 each

snesgames.jpg

Bagain !!!! That warship had a reatil price of near £50 by the look of it ^_^

I'm off to Japan again in two weeks for another bargain hunt trip.Only 5 Days though :wub:

I've given up going to boot sales as I haven't found anything that I would class as a bargain in years. A Mega CD about 3 years ago for £10

Picked up a boxed Mk1 Megadrive with Ecco The Dolphin, PGA European Tour, Power Rangers, Super Skidmarks and Spiderman/Venom - Maximum Carnage for £5 and that was about it apart from a few books for the wife. Amongst the bargains i left behind was a PSOne and a few games for £50, and some crappy old PS2 games at £7 a pop...

:lol:

Master system with 6ish games £5.50

Master system base unit and game £2

Singstar mics £1.50

Sega rf cable 50p

2x sega power packs £1

Wireless ready 2 rumble boxing game (ala rock'um sock'um boxing) £3

Asterix and clay fighters’ megadrive games £1

Point blank and another ps1 game £2

Sonic annual 50p

Marks and Spark’s oil bottle £1

The sonic annual is hilarious, I’ll have to post some picks of some 90's stars playing with their Megadrives and game gears

Missed out on a 4 table top games (astro wars, pac-man and a couple more) the guy wanted a tenner each for them, and they weren’t exactly in mint condition. I also passed on a N64 with Golden Eye for £15.

Confession of the week – I came alarmingly close to buying 20 Pokemon for a £1 each.

Not booting per se - I was up north visiting a mate, but a couple of visits to local shops gave me...

Parappa the Rapper - PS1 - minty and complete - £4

Flashback - SNES - boxed, complete and lovely - £2

Psycho Fox - Master System - unboxed - 50p

Happy happy joy joy!

Proper booting next week ;)

Thats the fun of booting! Finding random useful stuff in silly places!

Like the Atari 2600 paddles in a pile of lego for 50p last summer. Random !

I saw those straight after i bought the Master system power base, it was like the boot sale gods where smiling down on me :D

Well I did a car boot instead of looking. But a chance at the near end to wonder around. Some people of the strangest ideas of prices

£30 unboxed saturn and two very common games

£70 for CDi with 2 games several copied cd's boxed gun and system. It was still there to the end

£20 for original gameboy lose and a couple of games with storage case.

Well I did a car boot instead of looking. But a chance at the near end to wonder around. Some people of the strangest ideas of prices

£30 unboxed saturn and two very common games

£70 for CDi with 2 games several copied cd's boxed gun and system. It was still there to the end

£20 for original gameboy lose and a couple of games with storage case.

and where was this?

and what time did you get there?

Well I did a car boot instead of looking.

Early by the sounds of it

But a chance at the near end to wonder around

and they wern't willing to drop the price already?

I heard that the prices inside the M25 are higher than the rest of the country...is this true?

Are you inside the M25 ratty?

Nope, i'm out in the country. I do see the odd PS1 for £40, but most prices are on the button or great bargains (in my eyes at least).

Seeing some of the prices on this thread i thank good i live out in the sticks (South Wales to be exact). Its very rare that you see things massively overpriced.

There are a few traders now who think they can get away with charging the earth for some things (£70+ PS2/XBOX/GC, £30 MD, etc) but usually its just the one. More often than not they are a ton of other sellers selling the same things for a pitance. I regluarly see MD's, NES, SNES's etc go for less than a fiver.

I rarely see any particlly overpriced stuff actually tbh.

The most overpriced things ive seen was a boxed megadrive 2 sonic package, in mintish condition with 3 decent but common games (cant rember which though) and a few crappy PS2 games for £5 each.

personally I thought CBSK was just taking the piss out of me for always going on about how SE London boots are FUCKING awful... :D

I can imagine the sellers at your locals have their usual price-list and their SeanR price-list... :D

I've been booting within the M25 off and on, over the last 4 years. I've never seen prices like you, not once.

Snes base unit, controller + mario all stars/world combi cart. - £3 (console is yellow-free, but it needs a clean. I have 3 snes's now but no working opsu :)

picked up the virtua cop double pack on ps2 for £5.

Also got a sealed Midway arcade treasures for psp for £10. Was going to sell it on for a couple of quid extra, but my dad bought it off me instead

laugh of the day:

unboxed dreamcast with two games - £35!

and where was this?

Sunny Oxford. There is a car boot every Sunday at the football ground that starts at 9.30am. The guy selling the CDi would not reduce the price, saying that there graphics are great.

I call it "swings" and "roundabouts", some days you can get nothing, others you can find lots. I have picked up 3 SNES systems at the boot one day, and walked away one day with more money than started (Found a pound coin waiting for the boot to open!)

personally I thought CBSK was just taking the piss out of me for always going on about how SE London boots are FUCKING awful... :(

Whenever we meet up we rip the piss out of you for at least 10 minutes........ :D