rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Simon Cann

Reeves and Mortimer

I'm a big fan of Vic and Bob and this was a bit patchy, some bits were not too good, but some were laugh out loud hilarious. The First Dates sketch and especially the doglet had me howling, the second Geordie Jeans sketch and Idris Elba song was a bit crap though.

One thing I'd change is to either not call it "Big Night Out" or keep the name and bring back more of the Big Night Out stuff (the music for a start, especially Mr Songwriter at the end).

It was good to see Lister back. What are the chances of The Man with the Stick or Les making an appearance? Minimal I guess.

Great to see vic and bob back on the telly, I did worry they'd never be allowed back after the live comic relief disaster earlier this year.

Thought it was great, dogs arse had me in stitches.

As a big fan of Athletico Mince I particularly liked the "do you remember" observational comedy too.

I saw them live last year and it was tremendous (a real greatest hits performance) but this, this was mostly awful. The stage was tiny too so they couldn't do anything much with props (like they did with The Smell of). @Gorf - I love Athletico Mince too and thought they were going into "hair island" territory with the wig section. There were tiny bits I liked - the doglet was brilliant but the rest was just a bit shite. They did Geordie Jeans twice - twice!