rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Sorry, but I nearly blacked out when I read that bit.

Efron ain't got the chops, period. Gordon-Levitt would've been my choice for the role.

outside of people's high school musical prejudices, zac effron has alot going for him, and will go on to do great things.

Finally got round to watching this today.. Utter tripe.

The script seemed to be be a compilation of stories from the "Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World" TV series. I was half expecting there to be an old woman who mysteriously burst into flames whilst watching TV.

This was then all stuck together with some horrendous acting from supposedly quality actors. "I am stereotypical Eastern European accented woman etc.."

Mutt acting as Tarzan with CGI monkeys is the equivalent of Jar Jar Binks

cubik

On reflection this film reminds me of Ocean's 12 - a group of people who have all made stupid amounts of money all getting together and - realising the script and plot is awful - just decide to have some fun with it. All at our expense.

Roll-on number 5.

come off it, last crusade wasnt great either

WTF

Last crusade is a mile better than temple and on a par with Raiders. I honestly dont get why people dont like it. Sean Connery is excellent, and Indy does what he does best, romances women, finds artifacts and beats up Nazis. Its fucking perfect.

• Upvote 1

lucas and co fucked up with shia.

Agreed. Whatever acting chops, charisma and potential talent this guy had has been spoiled with his involvement in a metric shit tonne of summer blockbuster dross and childhood memory murder (including but doubtless not restricted to: Transformers, Transformers 2: ROTF and Indiana Jones: KOTCS).

Harrison Ford not only had the charm, looks, build and screen charisma he chose and flourished in roles that emphasised them. I can't stand to look at Shia these days let alone have him take the mantle of an iconic character.

Must be the Carrick sea air.

I preferred your first response!

"I should have mailed it to the Marx brothers".

I love that whole escape from the castle sequence, and that line always always makes me laugh.

Basically from them being tied up together on the chairs to them escaping the last motorbike is the fucking bestest, not just as a series of action set pieces but also the sterling banter between father and son, and anyone who says different is a spasmatron.

• Upvote 1

Last crusade is a mile better than temple and on a par with Raiders. I honestly dont get why people dont like it. Sean Connery is excellent, and Indy does what he does best, romances women, finds artifacts and beats up Nazis. Its fucking perfect.

o/

Yep. Only temple of doom isn't a stone cold classic.

I was going to say that! Marcus Brody, in Raiders, was the original Daddy Cool; he was blatantly Indy twenty years down the line as opposed to the comical mong he was in Last Crusade.

I was going to say that! Marcus Brody, in Raiders, was the original Daddy Cool; he was blatantly Indy twenty years down the line as opposed to the comical mong he was in Last Crusade.

absolutely.

In Raiders, Marcus tells Indy had he been younger he would've been there. He was an adventurer and a mentor.

By LC he was a toff twat. Really annoys me.

Sallah is also the streetwise MAN in Raiders. By LC he doesn't even know what a tank is.

(Indy describes drawing on wall as of the Ark)

NAZI WOMAN - Are you sure it's the Ark?

Indy (weary look) I'm sure.

I thought that bit was rubbish. The whole battering the slab in the library as well. FACEPALM

it's such an overproduced movie with none of the raw physical excitement of Raiders

Look, what they did with the side characters wasn't great, particularaly with Salah (I actually found the jump cut from Indy saying Marcus probably had the grail already to him bumbling about trying to find someone who spoke english very funny), and in many ways it cannot come close to matching Raiders (but hey, what can?), this is all true, but Crusade is still an amazing action adventure film in a world where we have very few even good ones, and it does not need to be picked apart and held up as some demon child to the baying mob.

Scott, it is not overproduced - what does that even mean? That it should somehow be shot on location without proper lighting or well know actors? How could it be? It is the third film in one of the biggest franchises of all time, and probably has as much studio stuff and effects as the first. The ark joke was a tiny gag and perfectly sweet, the battering slab was a lovely bit of Marx brothers comedy totally in keeping with the films more light-hearted tone.... actually that's what you don't like. The more familly friendly tone of crusade. Well tough. Look at fucking Crystal Skull. Count your blessings.

Barkbat: "Scott, you're not allowed to say LC isn't as awesome as Raiders, cuz you should be happy it isn't as horrible as Crystal Skull."

Oh, come on.

Yes, because that is the sum total of what he said, isn't it?