Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Bollocks. That is a blatant "we cannot leave this cash cow alone, sorry if you thought we did this because the script HAD to be made".

If this turns out like Phantom Menace I'm joining al'Qaida. Fuck the west.

No new info on the project moving forward (I think it's as far away as it ever was) just a quick insight from Frank Darabont who worked on a potential script for the fourth movie for over a year, which it sounds like everyone but Lucas liked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can’t get into George’s head." - Writer/Director Frank Darabont talking about George Lucas. Well, me neither Frank. Me and about all the fanboys out there just can't seem to understand the man's decisions sometimes. This is the same guy who produced TEMPLE OF DOOM because he was bitter about a divorce and has admitted it was a bad decision and that he should've trusted Spielberg. Yet he's not trusting Spielberg when it comes to INDIANA JONES 4.

Darabont recently spoke to CHUD about his involvement in writing the script and explains it as such: "That was terrifically frustrating. I worked for over a year on that; I worked very close with Steven Spielberg...He was very, very happy with the script and said it was the best draft of anything since RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK....And then you have George Lucas read it and say, ‘Yeah, I don’t think so, I don’t like it.’ And then he resets it to zero when Spielberg is ready to shoot it that coming year, [which] is a real kick to the nuts." It's basically a kick to the nuts of all the fans too who've been dying to see a new INDIANA JONES film.

Meanwhile Spielberg isn't getting any less busy and Harrison Ford isn't getting any younger. Finally, when asked if he thinks the project will ever happen, Darabont says, "I don’t think so. I don’t think so..." Maybe it's for the best

Full interview here..

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=7971

Portman to play Indiana Jones Daughter?

Not a fucking hope. Lucas despises her. He nearly sacked her from Episode 3

Digital spies comments are being misunderstood. George means that they are going to do the movie they want to do and they will get ripped to shreds because there is no way they can match up to peoples own visions of how it should be, same as happened with Phantom.

I hope they don't set Indy 4 during the cold war. That particular era isn't really suited to Iny's style to be honest, it was all espionage and intrigue. In my opinion World War 2 marks the end of the era when a 30s-style comic book hero could realistically exist. You need big threats to the world that are pure good-vs-evil, like Nazis, not a US-centric "bash the evil commies" view of the world.

the film will have to be 50's/60's era (which i believe is what era everyone onboard has said) to account for harrison's craggy looks.

lets face it - i love indiana jones, but this film is going to be shit. lucas lacks vision. speilberg has to compromise with him and harrison is too old and stuck in his ways to bring anything to the role.

i think we should believe lucas when he says fans will reacte as they did to the phantom menace to what he has planned for indy.

why can't the cunt just leave it alone?

I reckon they ditch Lucas, get Darabont's script on the go again and actually make the damn things before they have to set it in 1980s just to keep in line with Ford's age. And if that happens you just know we'll end up with some kind of weird Jewel of the Nile/High Road to China remake!

They should put a time limit on things - if they can't start shooting by May 2007 they should accept it wasn't meant to be and leave us all with happy memories of the trilogy (not so happy memories for Temple of Doom) and all should move on.

It amazes me that people hold the trilogy as a whole in high esteem when Temple of Doom is one of the stupidest, shittest movies of all time.

It amazes me that people hold the trilogy as a whole in high esteem when Temple of Doom is one of the stupidest, shittest movies of all time.

fuck off. temple of doom is a very entertaining action movie. the rope bridge set piece is fucking classic.

Hey there.

It's Lucas's franchise so I guess it wont go anywhere unless he says so.

Is this news that new? I seem to remember reading this months ago. That Spielberg and Ford took the heat for stopping the project but it was Lucas that didnt like the script.

I was thinking about these movies and why they have taken so long to make a new one.

The first movie was about a Jewish supernatural object, the second was Hindu wasnt it? And the third a Christian artifact. Maybe Lucas's idea for a fourth was based around some kind of Islamic treasure/story and they got cold feet about going with it because of muslim nutjobs going mental inthe world at the moment and were forced to come up with a new idea.

Despin out.

Hey there.

It's Lucas's franchise so I guess it wont go anywhere unless he says so.

Is this news that new? I seem to remember reading this months ago. That Spielberg and Ford took the heat for stopping the project but it was Lucas that didnt like the script.

I was thinking about these movies and why they have taken so long to make a new one.

The first movie was about a Jewish supernatural object, the second was Hindu wasnt it? And the third a Christian artifact. Maybe Lucas's idea for a fourth was based around some kind of Islamic treasure/story and they got cold feet about going with it because of muslim nutjobs going mental inthe world at the moment and were forced to come up with a new idea.

Despin out.

I've seen the new script it's based on Scientology and they have to save Tom Cruises career.

What a strange opinion, every film in the trilogy is worth it's place.

Temple of doom does decline in quality quite rapidly, but what an opener.

I honestly can't think of a better opening in Hollywood movie history than that entire Obi-Wan nightclub/escape/plane/waterfall scene. It's just insane the levels of sheer wickedness that whole fifteen minutes reaches. It could have cut to the eurovision song contest for the next two hours and it would still be worth price of admission.

That's really crossing the line. The whip replacement I mean, not Fords reaction to it. It really has gone too far when you can't even have a real whip in a movie.

What is folks' beef with Temple of Doom? I bought the Empire Indy special issue back last summer, and it is said by Lucas, Ford and others that ToD wasn't a great film, but doesn't really say why. What is the problem?

I love all 3, btw, and the idea of a 4th film both excites and horrifies me. There aren't enough fingers in the world to cross to hope it's good!

I think TOD is not necessarily a bad film, but a bad film compared with ROTLA and TLC. The main problems for me were Willie, Short Round and huge numbers of kids. The tone was a bit off too; with the hand-in-the-chest bit. I think the Stones were almost too Asian. With the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail, they were symbols of western religions and myths. But the Stones were of a completely different culture.

It is still far better than most action films of its time though (which is often forgotten). It had some great set pieces, but it just had sooo much to live up to.