rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

This first story has been reported in a few places now, comments made by Spielberg to and Israeli newspaper. He rarely mentions Indiana Jones other than in passing, but to actually come out and confirm it as a next movie? Surely that's a good sign? Please?

But the second piece of news kind of threw me for six - Ford and James Cameron were to work together? I would have liked to have seen what they could do. Looks like we won't now though <_< But is Indy 4 finally going to be made? Really just more speculation just before Lucas cans the script again?

First story via Joblo.com and the second from ComingSoon.net by way of Moviehole.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Beard has been relatively quiet on the subject of INDY 4 but he opens up to Israel’s Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper. Of INDY 4 he says, "I am about to make INDIANA JONES 4, which is, as far as I am concerned, the sweet dessert I give those who had to chow down on the bitter herbs that I’ve used in MUNICH." A tad melodramatic but great news nonetheless. Just to hear from him definitely that he's "about to make" INDY 4 is an improvement over "yeah, it's in the works" or "we all want to do it but George Lucas is being a pain in the ass about the script" rhetoric we've been hearing for years and years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moviehole tells us that they caught up with Harrison Ford this morning for a quick chat in Melbourne, Australia:

First bit of news, the science-fiction film he was going to do, "Godspeed," has been canned.

"'Godspeed' is gone, that was a space project with James Cameron," he says of the project, which would have told of a crisis on an international space station.

Rumoured to be his next project is "Manhunt," which is "about the capture of John Wilkes Booth, the assassin of Abraham Lincoln." So is it?

"That would seem to be next," smiles Ford. Um. Seem to be next? Why so tight-lipped...

"[There's] a bunch of other things that have come to fruition... recently," he added.

Dunno about this.

The end of The Last Crusade, where they gallop off into the sunset, was a great way to end the trilogy. It's been how many years since then? 17? Blimey. I have no doubt there'll be plenty of action, but will it be fun? Will it feel like an Indy Jones film?

Just what I was thinking!!

I remember it well as the cinema in Taunton had posh seats right up high and during the film I knocked my ice cream pot over the edge onto the peasants below.

I wept for the ice cream and they did, too.

I'm not going to be down on this. I'm seriously hoping they have found some way to get a good film out of an aged action hero, put a different spin on it. I have every confidence in Spielberg's ability to make a great film, less so in Lucas's writing (though he tends to just sketch the plot on Indy films).

I don't know. I think handled well it has the potential to be a very interesting and poignant swansong for the character.

Over time they've had a few scripts but I figured once Frank Darabont came on board we'd have the one. I think that two years ago and Lucas turned down Darabont's script, even though Ford & Spielberg where said to have liked it. I think Lucas got another writer on board, not sure if he was rejigging the Darabont one or starting again from scratch. I don't think Lucas is actually doing any of the writing, just the dismissing of scripts :D

God, 17 years! One of the last films I saw in the ABC in Walsall. There's a Woolworths there now.

They're also prepping Jurassic Park 4 for 2008.

Over time they've had a few scripts but I figured once Frank Darabont came on board we'd have the one. I think that two years ago and Lucas turned down Darabont's script, even though Ford & Spielberg where said to have liked it. I think Lucas got another writer on board, not sure if he was rejigging the Darabont one or starting again from scratch. I don't think Lucas is actually doing any of the writing, just the dismissing of scripts :P

God, 17 years! One of the last films I saw in the ABC in Walsall. There's a Woolworths there now.

They're also prepping Jurassic Park 4 for 2008.

Maybe they could combine both and Indy could be an old dinosaur :D

Maybe they could combine both and Indy could be an old dinosaur :D

Wait! Indiana Jones, Dumb nazi's AND Dinosaurs??

Fuckin hell! That sounds like the greatest movie *n*ever made!

Make that Lucas/Speilberg and i will weep with joy

It's tough this. I lurrrve Indiana Jones movies. In my opinion the greatest trilogy ever. Ever. But forget Ford, EVERYONE seems old. Spielberg and Lucas... when was the last time either of them cranked out a terrifc fun filled adventure epic? All the ingredients in the cake pot are looking stale and past their best. Speilberg should stick to sugar coating 20th century history, Ford should stay on the studio lots phoning in detective roles, and Lucas should film a prequel to Ed the duck. I so want Indy 4 to be good. I just don't see how.

He'd have to be battling the Commies, surely? Like in The Infernal Machine. Ford is getting a bit long in the tooth now. Although it could work if he looks directly to camera and says, "I'm gettin' too old for this shit!"

Nazis and dinosaurs? Genius! Indy could race to some far off island with the nazis hot on his tail. When he gets there he discovers an ancient tribe who worship a giant ape and....hang on a minute...

Slightly off topic, but I feel sorry for those who never saw Temple of Doom on the big screen.

While its certainly the weakest of the three, its far far superior on a big screen, one of the few films that I think really NEED to be seen on a big screen no matter how good your home cinema set up is.

As for Indy 4, I think its simply been too long a gap. Ending it all now just seems a bit silly, it should have happened 5-6 years ago.

Great the indy fan in me wants this cause it will be my first chance to see one on the big screen which would be amazing.

However it probably is to long since the last and probably will end up being crap. :lol:

Hmm. How about a CGI generated Harrison Ford? For close ups they could use pensionable Ford with all his wrinkles removed and for action scenes they could use stunt doubles and CGI. They did something similar in Gladiator with Olly Reed I believe.

Mind you Stallone is making Rocky 6 and he's also in his 60's,

I think it was a Canon cinema in the early '90s.

Mind you Stallone is making Rocky 6 and he's also in his 60's,

And Clint Eastwood was in his 60s when he did Unfogiven.

I think it was a Canon cinema in the early '90s.

And Clint Eastwood was in his 60s when he did Unfogiven.

And? What's that got to do with anything? FYI Clint Eastwood held onto the script for Unforgiven for years until he felt he was old enough for the part.

Completely different roles, why are you even comparing them?

Fuck it, we're never seeing this movie.

Steven Spielberg to Take a Year Off

Source: Fox411

March 6, 2006

Fox News columnist Roger Friedman talked to Steven Spielberg at the Academy Governor's Ball last night and says that the director revealed he is taking a year off after having produced and directed both War of the Worlds and Munich.

Spielberg said that he does not have a project on the front burner right now. His main work in 2006 will be preparing his Abraham Lincoln film with award-winning author Doris Kearns Goodwin, and acting as a producer, not director, on several other smaller projects.

He was also asked about the highly-anticipated Indiana Jones 4. Spielberg said he will still direct the film, which, given the fact he is taking some time off, might be a while.

Jeff Nathanson wrote the latest draft of the "Indy 4" script, but he has been succeeded by David Koepp.

"I have David Koepp on it now, and he's my 'closer,'" Spielberg said, using a baseball reference to the pitcher who comes in during the 9th inning and finishes up a winning ball game.

"He wrote 'Spider-Man' and 'War of the Worlds,'" Spielberg added, "so he'll get it done."

I gave up hope for it long ago.

Still, with the talent invloved, maybe they can still pull a rabit from the hat, even if Ford will be about 95 by the time the bloody thing actually goes before the cameras...