New Dreamcast Emulator

From the site, as its slowed to a crawl:

"New Dreamcast Emulator for Windows to Be Released at MadriDC

Sat 18 Feb 2006, 6:24 PMby wraggster

A good friend of DCEmu UK, Mekanaizer has sent us some news of a major new emulator to hit the Dreamcast and Emulation scene as a whole, heres the details sent to me:

Its name is NullDC it will be presente at the MadriDC party.

The emulator is done by some members of the ICARUS project.

For now the emulator is WIP. And here is it's status:

-A debug console for SH4 and Arm7 (great tool and very well done)

-Plug-ins

-KOS app run 100% ok and very fast (great compatibility)

-Sound not working (WIP)

-Open source

-BIOS screen emulation

ZeZu and drk||Raziel are the heads on this new baby.

So it looks like finally the Dreamcast Scene can celebrate a great new emulator and for developers an easier way to test any software they are working on.

For those of you who live near Spain and more importantly Madrid, then be sure to check out the official MadriDC Website here --> http://www.dciberia.net/tiki-view_articles.php

Fantastic news "

Members of ICARUS? LOL. It won't get released if they're behind it.

And what the fuck is with Chankast? Apparently it was in development for just 3 months and can play an amazing amount of games for such a short development timeline. The problem is that the developers abandoned 2 years ago...It would be awesome right now if it was kept in development or the source code released.

The dreamcast emulation scene is just crap.

Don't bother emulating the dreamcast mate, it's not worth it.

The PS3 is out soon, save your money till them.

You're welcome for the advice.

If you manage to lose money by emulating then you're doing something very wrong. :P

I'm guessing you had to go to Pirate "Special" School as a kid?

I actually glad this has been Emu'ed because far prefer a 360 Joypad to a DC's.

You realise that other DC emulators (Chankast) have been out for a couple of years now.

Chankast can play the only game I've tried on it so far. Shenmue 2. It has minor sound and graphics issues but it was an awesome start for an emulator. Too bad it was never worked on for more then a couple of months and hasn't seen any activity (except a dodgy hack or two) since.

Turd with a wire was Microsofts first attempt at a console wasn't it?  :blink:

Laughing at your own rubbish joke/10.

Seriously though, I really hope those slack bastards actually finish this one. It really sucked that Chankast got so far and then was given up on.

It didn't really matter before, but now that the 360 usb pad is out, DC emulation can actually be practical for a change. Hurry up and release it! :(