The Wednesday Thread

dan_tm

Did any of you Wednesday fuckers join in the chants about the 'fairy in the pink' today?? :) Because that was me - and no I don't shop at Mattalan :lol:

Still, it was nice to have the last laugh - easy 3-1 win, leaving you in bottom spot. Only way is up eh Wednesday fans ;)

To be fair, if you were wearing pink you probably deserved that, also enjoyed the chants at the end - "We can see you swimming out" :P

Good win for our lot yesterday too, you still sitting in the north bank?

I'm starting to really feel for Laws. He's sounding like a beaten man who has finally realised that the board is going to do absolutely chuff all to help him.

Bottom of the league, and I can see this season being a real struggle, especially once the transfer window shuts in a few days time. When the manager simply says, "I don't know," when asked about the Sodje situation, you know you're royally fucked.

As I said before, Fuck off Allen.

I was fairly optimistic about yesterday too. Spying a chap sporting a Wednesday shirt in the Virgin on Princes Street in Edinburgh is a pretty rare thing, so I saw it as a good omen.

Not looking good, is it?

In a bout of pessimism/ realism at the beginning of the season, I stuck £10 on us to go down at odds of 14/1. Then I felt guilty and put the same amount of us to finish in the top 4. I think I know which is more likely to pay out...

^_^

Sad also to see there were only 17k on the match today. I guess the fact it was on Sky goes some way towards explaining it, but it's worrying if fans are starting to drift away.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone has read the 'Club Statement' on the official site with regards to SWFC currrently in the process of SUING 39 seperate Sheffield Wednesday fans. For nothing more than posts on unofficial club forums. Not for threats of violence/death threats, but for simply pointing out the club's blatant attempts at using some astonishing poor manipulation of the media to try and keep us fans happy/boost season ticket sales.

That's it for me. I'm having nothing more to do with SWFC until the entire board has been removed. I've enjoyed it all. From the win against Man Utd in '91, the 'Steel City Semi' of '93, all the way through to the League One Play-off final. But until nobody in particular is a long, long way from my team, I'll do nothing more than merely glance at the results.

Although
was in the sidebar, which made me chuckle. Very nice.

Now that's good.

By the way, since I'm personally a member of Wednesdayite, do you think

video could be used against Mr Allen? I don't recall doing anything prior to this press conference that warrented being labelled a - and I'll get this word right - "cretin."

According to this press release, seems that even Brian Laws has his name attached to the whole sorry affair. If that's happened without his concent, then he needs to say something sharpish. Otherwise, he needs to bugger off as quickly as Mr Allen and his cronies.

Darryl Keys, Chairperson of fans’ group “Wednesdayite†was recently threatened with a libel case in response to a question “had Wednesdayite ever invited a club Director onto its boardâ€. His response was ‘we have invited a senior figure at S6 to become more deeply involved with us but he is not in a position to do so at this stage’. That simple reply led to Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited claiming an apology, and legal costs because they said that such a statement was libellous and damaged their client.

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited’s solicitors, Irwin Mitchell contacted Mr Keys whilst he was on a family holiday in USA on Friday 10 August 2007. They demanded a reply by Monday 13 August 2007, even though they knew that he was away. They said that if he did not reply they would issue proceedings on Tuesday 14 August 2007.

In fact Mr Key’s answer was absolutely true. Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited has now withdrawn its threat in its entirety, but even though it demanded its legal costs when it thought it was in the right, refuses to pay the legal costs that it forced Mr Keys to incur.

On 14 September 2007 solicitors K & L Gates acting for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited, its board of directors, its Chief Executive, Kaven Walker and manager Brian Laws issued proceedings in the High Court in London against a fan, Neil Hargreaves seeking the names and details of another 13 fans who they wished to sue for libels posted on an internet website between 24 July 2007 and 3 August 2007.

Mark Lewis of George Davies LLP solicitors in Manchester said, “I have never before known such a reaction. It seems that anyone who dares to criticise the board, risks getting a hugely expensive legal case against them. It’s only football. Emotions run high. The chairman, Dave Allen is on record as calling fans “scumâ€, “cretins†and “a venomous bitchâ€. It seems the fans are not allowed to answer backâ€

Complaints have been made against Mr Allen to the FA.

Oh, and apparently Mr Allen has been brought in front of the FA thanks to 'that' press conference. Turns out he won't admit he's in the wrong, and calling fans cretins and scum is a bit of a mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

FOR FUCKS SAKE. AGAIN.

Still, at least Bushby had a good time. Every cloud.

Burton needs shooting, Hinds is just useless, Bullen has been past it for a year now and Gilbert was just Gilbert. And Leicester were shit! According to my mate who was listening to the commentary on BBC Radio Leicester, they were laughing at how bad we were! And were disappointed to have only put 2 goals past 'such a poor side'. :unsure:

:)

I hate it when this thread gets bumped. I know what it is going to say each time (roughly) and I still look and get depressed.

We just need a sponsorship deal where they get to run around with "Playstation 3" written on their fronts (for no money, obviously) and we've got it all covered in terms of epic fail.

FOR FUCKS SAKE. AGAIN.

Still, at least Bushby had a good time. Every cloud.

Burton needs shooting, Hinds is just useless, Bullen has been past it for a year now and Gilbert was just Gilbert. And Leicester were shit! According to my mate who was listening to the commentary on BBC Radio Leicester, they were laughing at how bad we were! And were disappointed to have only put 2 goals past 'such a poor side'. :ph34r:

:(

What makes the whole thing so tragic is that some Leicester folk will be persuaded into thinking that on the basis of that performance our march to the play-offs is all but imminent. It isn't, we were shockingly bad.

See you in March for the relegation scrap.

What makes the whole thing so tragic is that some Leicester folk will be persuaded into thinking that on the basis of that performance our march to the play-offs is all but imminent. It isn't, we were shockingly bad.

See you in March for the relegation scrap.

You'll be fine this season. I wouldn't call promotion but I don't think you'll be in the fight.

Solidarity appreciated, though. Nice of you. I'll just get back to nursing this beer.

It tastes so bitter.

• 1 month later...

What a difference 6 weeks makes.

Dave Allen: BANG!

Barnsley: OOF!

United: CAUGHT!

:huh:

Here is a lovely poem I found about last nights bumber derby win over the Dingles. Enjoy.

Wearily the caravans head back up Barnsley road,

another pointless trip, the gypsies sadly undergo.

The whippets howl most mournfully, ears back, heads hanging low,

bothered, broken, beaten, by the Akpo Sodje show.

The clip clop of the horses hooves on Barnsley's cobbled stone,

echo like lost hopes, as our sad travellers get home,

and in what's Football Heaven some sad Tyke is bound to phone,

reverse charges Seth...he says...and then begins to moan.

"We had 'em once again", he'll rant..."a travesty once more",

heart bleeding like the lumps of the tripe he eats...oft off the floor,

and out t'pit next morning, he will hear the Wednesday roar,

you cannot beat The Wednesday...if you cannot bloody score!

• 1 month later...

Couldn't find a place screening it over here in Germany but with the magic of the internets I listened to it all on Radio Sheffield. I really didn't expect us to get anything from the game beforehand, I know form counts for nothing going into a derby but we've looked hopeless recently and Utd were on the up.

I can't wait for Football Heaven next week now, I wonder how many 'fans' are going to get right on Robson's back now. I can see them trying to force him out of the club, throwing them into even more turmoil.

Hopefully =)

United never looked dangerous apart from a 10-minute spell after half-time.

Leon Clarke missed two absolute sitters after coming on as a sub for hurt Sodje, and in the first half Tudgay and Sodje forced excellent saves from Kenny.

So, should have been 4 or 5, but very happy with the performance and the points.

Oh man, Praise or Grumble is legendary tonight. Just needs Brian and that "come on you red and white wizards" guy (who I forget the name of) to come on now.

Robson and Laws' after-match comments were perfect, each for reflecting reasons. One slating his players and the other pretty much turning gay for them.

The Doncaster fans coming on after beating Leeds just puts the icing on the cake.

Jesus Christ, the match highlights have just gone up on Wednesday World; the commentator is an utter moron*.

Somehow Leon Clarke managed to set up the first goal from the bench, Whelan's trasformed into a defender and Paddy Kenny was playing in Wednesday's goal.

[edit]

*Well, more of a moron than usual.

We (Cardiff City) have finally got rid of that Maclean donkey we got on a free from you lot. Plymouth paid £500,000 for him. He scored one goal for us and missed a penalty.

You were well rid of him. He's not Championhip quality.

I'd have paid double that to have him back at Hillsborough... We only let him go because we couldn't afford his wages.

It is strange that he missed that penalty, or maybe it was just fate. He's our most sucessful penalty taker of all time, something ridiculous like taken 17 scored 17. The majority of those being 'won' by him too, it's been a while since we've had a player that could consistenly get us penalties, every other player of ours that gets taken out in the box usually just gets told to get up.

Sodje and MacLean would be a dream front line-up partnership for me, one that you can punt the ball for up to running onto if you don't have any options and who'll run around all day for you, another who has excellent hold-up play, wins/scores penalties, is always in the right place at the right time - and most crucially - is an expert of putting the ball in the net.

Bah, I'm just getting my hopes up over nothing now. He's never coming back =(

• 2 weeks later...
It's a case of keeping hold of Whelan, Brunt and Simek - in that order.

Well, that's two down.

I'd like to see how they can possibly fuck it up any more, what use is £500k going to be in League one?

He was the only player we had left of Premiership class.

Well, that's two down.

I'd like to see how they can possibly fuck it up any more, what use is £500k going to be in League one?

I like(d) him too. And that 500k has paid for Kavanah's wages! And Showumni's loan deal, so not all is lost!

seanr.jpg

At least (when fit) we have a great and very young back 4 for the future. Spurr, Wood, Beevers, Simek.

Just a shame about what's in front of them.

Well, that's two down.

Try sending a letter saying you'd like to sign Simek. Remember to include a postal order to the value of £2.49 (and a stamp addressed envelope).

Sure, he won't be at Wednesday but at least you'll know he is safe.

I'd have paid double that to have him back at Hillsborough... We only let him go because we couldn't afford his wages.

It is strange that he missed that penalty, or maybe it was just fate. He's our most sucessful penalty taker of all time, something ridiculous like taken 17 scored 17. The majority of those being 'won' by him too, it's been a while since we've had a player that could consistenly get us penalties, every other player of ours that gets taken out in the box usually just gets told to get up.

Sodje and MacLean would be a dream front line-up partnership for me, one that you can punt the ball for up to running onto if you don't have any options and who'll run around all day for you, another who has excellent hold-up play, wins/scores penalties, is always in the right place at the right time - and most crucially - is an expert of putting the ball in the net.

Bah, I'm just getting my hopes up over nothing now. He's never coming back =(

He's missed another one for Plymouth, now.

Once he gets in a habit he can't stop!