The Wednesday Thread

dan_tm

• 2 weeks later...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ion/6945739.stm

"Owls chief executive Kaven Walker told BBC Radio Sheffield: "We've always said that if a club matches our valuation of Chris we would not stand in his way."

Fuck off you lying cunt, they said nothing of the sort.

It was more like:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...wed/6253060.stm

"He will remain a Wednesday player until the end of next season, but negotiations are now closed. We don't want to sell Chris - we want to get to the Premiership with Chris."

and:

http://www.swfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1079847,00.html

"If he doesn't sign, it is disappointing but he's not a free agent and can't walk away from the club. It has been documented that he's going nowhere, that's what I want to hear from the chairman. We don't want to be classed as a selling club."

I know, after giving away our second best player and being hammered on the opening day of the season lets sell our best player too! No wait, we can do better than that, lets sell him to a rival Championship club!

What utter morons.

I'm glad I wasn't able to buy a season ticket this year now, I wouldn't have been able to put up with seeing Alan's smarmy face every week.

Laws said before the Ipswich game that they were looking at a player who played in the Champions League last season, he wouldn't answer if he was lining him up as a replacement for Brunt though.

[edit]

And Kaven Walker was on the radio earlier saying that Brunt's money wouldn't be going to Laws. Amazing.

And Kaven Walker was on the radio earlier saying that Brunt's money wouldn't be going to Laws. Amazing.

Everyone, go listen to that interview on the BBC Radio Sheffield website. Delightful to hear someone from the club squirm once a few difficult questions are asked.

I predict some serious shit is going to go down if we lose to Rotherham. Let's just hope it culminates in our "beloved" chairman departing.

And I thought I was disappointed when Wednesday signed Jeffers...

What a load of shit. Someone ought to shoot Allen. Just a little bit, in the leg or something. Maybe both legs.

Or he could just do us all a favour and fuck off.

He was at West Brom's game last night. Rumours abound that he'll be theirs before we play on Sunday. Not a chance of him playing against Rotherham tomorrow.

So. Our current replacements include: The delightfully quick, but no control/crossing/passing ability or Wade Small? Or the delightfully non-committal dullard O'Brien?

I'd rather play Johnson on the left (cut inside-BOSH) and give Rocky a bash down the right.

So we've lost roughly 25 goals in selling Brunt taking into account all he creates and scores himself.

What's the betting we get in a crap Premiership reserve for a few months on loan as a replacement?

Seriously, this club is fucked until the delightful Mr Allen is forced out. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but being called a "moron" and a "cretin" by a man who only wants my cash is a little tough to stomach. Especially when our alledged promotion push consists of us getting rid of our best players and replacing them with absolute toss.

So we've lost roughly 25 goals in selling Brunt taking into account all he creates and scores himself.

What's the betting we get in a crap Premiership reserve for a few months on loan as a replacement?

Seriously, this club is fucked until the delightful Mr Allen is forced out. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but being called a "moron" and a "cretin" by a man who only wants my cash is a little tough to stomach. Especially when our alledged promotion push consists of us getting rid of our best players and replacing them with absolute toss.

I was going to go tomorrow, and Sunday obviously. I'm not going to waste my money now. :(

The shittiest start to the season I can remember. Mr Shitty from Shit Street, Shitdom, SH1 ITT is not even half as shitty. And we're one fucking game in.

I was going to go tomorrow, and Sunday obviously. I'm not going to waste my money now. :unsure:

Good man. Best way we can force him out is to stop giving him our cash. I still want to pop down from Edinburgh to take in a game, but I just can't bring myself to do it. He just has so much blatant contempt for us fans, and he spouts such total bollocks time and time again.

I don't think staying away is the bast tactic to be honest, it's not like Allen's going to walk away because a couple of thousand people stop coming to games, it'll only harm the club in the long run.

So yeah, look out for me on the TV tomorrow, I was silly enough to buy a ticket ^_^

P.S The Brunt deal is confirmed now, I was hoping the offer would bring in improved bids from Fulham and Everton, oh well. I thought that was the tactic in accepting the bid from WBA, show that you're looking at offers and maybe some other Prem teams will join in, it's just retarded to sell to one of our rivals.

Well actually, if they're going for promotion they're not actually our rivals now. Good job we didn't sell him to Barnsley, that's the side of the table we'll be heading towards if something doesn't change soon.

P.S The Brunt deal is confirmed now, I was hoping the offer would bring in improved bids from Fulham and Everton, oh well. I thought that was the tactic in accepting the bid from WBA, show that you're looking at offers and maybe some other Prem teams will join in, it's just retarded to sell to one of our rivals.

The problem with the deal is, firstly we were told that we were going to "throw some money at it" this year. And second, they claim Brunt said he wanted to leave so he can play in the Premiership. Call me Mr Thicky if you wish, but I'm fairly sure West Brom aren't a Premiership team at the moment.

If you listen to the interview with Kaven Walker above, he spills the beans. He mentions Brunt wanting to leave because of the happenings of the last few months, and then stops himself as he realises what he's just said.

In other words, Brunt simply wanted to get away from the club thanks to the actions of the chairman. I'm sorry to keep going on about it, but we need him out of the club. What other chairman arranges a press conference purely to call fans names, attempt to bully the local media, and talk an absolute load of cock.

I agree, I've wanted him out since the Sturrock ordeal (I still think it was the wrong decision - and I always will), but not going to games because of Alan isn't going to help things. I don't blame Brunt for leaving, he obviously wants to play in the Premiership in the not too distant future - it's obvious we aren't going to be getting there any time soon, the sale of MacLean proves that we don't have the board that want to make a push for promotion, who in their right mind would let your leading goalscorer walk away when it was blatantly obvious he wanted to stay and had been practically begging for a new contract for several weeks. It's great that we've managed to lure Jeffers here, but now we've lost the man that would have created 70% of his chances this season. Brilliant.

The worst thing about selling Brunt is that Whelan's probably going to go as well now. Well fucking done Wednesday.

What other chairman arranges a press conference purely to call fans names, attempt to bully the local media, and talk an absolute load of cock.

^_^ *

*I had to laugh, or life on this earth may have been at peril.

Also, I just looked him up on Wikipedia, for no real reason and came across this:

Dave Allen recently gave an indepth interview with the Sheffield Chamber of Commerce publication, First For Business August 2007, in the candid article Mr Allen mentioned his regret in taking over the reigns of Sheffield Wednesday and also shares his favourite story regarding his acute business acumen, where he turned a profit on a newly purchase nightclub in one evening!

Anyone seen that article?

Jesus, he was one of those players who always gave his all no matter what. Bullen, as much as he loves the club and the fans, just isn't good enough for our first team now. Coughlan was going so well before he had half his teeth knocked out in that game a while back, we didn't stick with him through that injury either.

I don't think staying away is the bast tactic to be honest, it's not like Allen's going to walk away because a couple of thousand people stop coming to games, it'll only harm the club in the long run.

It's not a tactic i'm utilising as a protest to Allen, Dan.

It's more that I was looking forward to this season after last, with a renewed confidence. We were all told we were going to push on, go for it this year, after an amazing run by McAuley/Law's team to give us a good foundation.

And how have we built on it? An old crock in Bullen gets given a new contract, MacLean goes, Coughlan leaves, two no-name keepers sign along with a decidedly average utility man and now Brunt fucks off. Our defense is fucking awful, one of the weakest in the league. We have 3 decent defenders in the whole squad! And one of them is a midfielder really.

This team does not inspire me to spend £25 for the priviledge to watch this year. Dave Allen has made me a part-time fan.

:wub:

Latest rumours are that Reading have made some initial enquries about Whelan, with a deal valued around £1.5million enough to take him.

I'm not particularly gutted about Whelan being on his way, but this leaves us with 2 weeks to sign AT LEAST 4 new players that are going to help keep us in the division. If not - or we sign the usual shite - then I can't honestly see us staying up. A keeper that doesnt instill confidence, no sign of a strong defence, only one decent midfielder left, and a strike force that doesnt exactly strike fear into the hearts of defenders - not to mention one that's not going to recieve any service - makes for a team to be relegated.

A part of me misses being there like I was back in the 'dark days' of 99-03 when I could actually make my feelings heard at games. Remember THAT Coventry away game at the end of our last Premiership season?

And now Burnley have signed Clark Carlisle for a pitiful £200k. Where the hell was our bid?!

Did any of you Wednesday fuckers join in the chants about the 'fairy in the pink' today?? :( Because that was me - and no I don't shop at Mattalan ;)

Still, it was nice to have the last laugh - easy 3-1 win, leaving you in bottom spot. Only way is up eh Wednesday fans ;)

Did any of you Wednesday fuckers join in the chants about the 'fairy in the pink' today?? :blink: Because that was me - and no I don't shop at Mattalan :wacko:

Still, it was nice to have the last laugh - easy 3-1 win, leaving you in bottom spot. Only way is up eh Wednesday fans :(

By the sounds of things, you were the only source of joy the Wednesday fans had all day!

Now, fuck off Mr Allen. This is "chucking money at it," is it? A crock of a "Premiership" striker, flogging our most talented player, and leaving us with only one decent defender?

Now, fuck off Mr Allen. This is "chucking money at it," is it? A crock of a "Premiership" striker, flogging our most talented player, and leaving us with only one decent defender?

Don't panic!

We're signing Sam Sodje, Seth Johnson and Ian Harte, apparently... :blink: