Jump to content

Bruce Willis


Vemsie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Love Bruce Willis, the guy's a fuckin legend. I was watching one of his first films again a while ago, Blind Date, and that's still really enjoyable. Fun performances from all the cast, especially John Larroquette.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh! I forgot to say that Hudson Hawk is still one of my favorite films ever, despite the rest of the world hating it, apparently. It's so beautifully daft.

Another +1 for Hudson Hawk here as well. Wonderfully silly film.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hudson Hawk is a complete mess. The plot makes no sense. The dialogue is hokey. It contains Andie MacDowell. It is just incoherent, incomprehensible. Richard E Grant and Sandra Bernhardt just spent the film shouting.

But I love every second of it anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 years later...

It is sad. There had been rumours in recent years of Willis having some sort of illness that was affecting his ability to act. Red Letter Media discussed these rumours and some of the films he made over the last few years which they suspected was a way for him to make a bit of quick money before he retired. He would be seen wearing an earpiece and not really being in the scene.

 

It's a real shame he had to turn out all these films recently as he has been in some great movies in the past which everyone knows.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's made 26 films since 2019! That's bonkers. I'd assumed he'd gone down the road of making endless piss-poor action films with names like Compound Fracture and Bullet Dance for the same reasons as Kevin Bacon or Nic Cage, but this is a much sadder reason. Poor guy. He probably phoned in more performances than any other actor, but in the right film he was incredible. The last decent films he made were in 2012, he deserved a better final act than this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is very sad. I hope he hasn't damaged his legacy by churning out those terrible films in recent years to make some quick cash.  I watched the two Red Letter Media videos. They first pointed out the phenomenon of all these movies appearing, where Willis was wearing an earpiece, and much of his work was being done by body doubles, poking fun at how godawful these movies were.  They then did a follow-up, where they addressed the rumours that he wasn't well, and might be doing all these films as a quick payday. The second video was much more sensitive and understanding. Honestly, you can understand why he would do it.

 

He was a great screen presence in his day, and has been in some excellent films. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vimster said:

It is sad. There had been rumours in recent years of Willis having some sort of illness that was affecting his ability to act. Red Letter Media discussed these rumours and some of the films he made over the last few years which they suspected was a way for him to make a bit of quick money before he retired. He would be seen wearing an earpiece and not really being in the scene.

 

It's a real shame he had to turn out all these films recently as he has been in some great movies in the past which everyone knows.

 

It is sad but in the end he has earnt a fair amount for doing it (1-2 million a film I think) which will help his family. Also as RLM they say in their video in a few years time when people look on Willis' career they will look at DIe Hard, 6th Sense, 12 Monkeys, 5th element etc etc - noone will be remembering this dreck and if it is mentioned it will be in the light of "he did it to make a few million before he had to quit".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

It is sad but in the end he has earnt a fair amount for doing it (1-2 million a film I think) which will help his family. Also as RLM they say in their video in a few years time when people look on Willis' career they will look at DIe Hard, 6th Sense, 12 Monkeys, 5th element etc etc - noone will be remembering this dreck and if it is mentioned it will be in the light of "he did it to make a few million before he had to quit".

 

Says a lot about the state of the US healthcare system that instead of winding down and enjoying the fruits of his labour he had to hustle to make sure his family wouldn't be ruined for the past few years.

 

I'm old enough to remember how amazing he was in Moonlighting decades ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw the news and thought he had already given up on acting a long time ago. Checking his IMDb credits only really backs up that thought too. Guess now makes sense why he was doing so many crappy films for the pay cheque, fair play to him but shitty situation to have to be in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really sad news, but for all the talk of him intentionally churning out films for a final payday (completely fair play if so), there's a niggling worry at the back of my mind regarding how much of this was him wanting to do so, and how much was a man with reduced faculties being pushed into working.

 

This was the story I read that brought me here, and some of it just sounds a bit off to me, in terms of his agency/"handler"'s involvement: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2022-03-30/bruce-willis-aphasia-memory-loss-cognitive-disorder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big fan of Bruce. I'm always a bit bemused when actors have to start churning out movies 'for the money' though. Where's all the previous money gone! I mean, just googling Bruce he apparently made 100 million off the Sixth sense. I know American healthcare is expensive, but still.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a really sad one to delve into. A man's deteriorating wellbeing being 'managed' to ensure he still does the film and all the skimmer's/agents get their pay cheque. What a career this guy had in his heyday though, one of the true legends. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alask said:

Big fan of Bruce. I'm always a bit bemused when actors have to start churning out movies 'for the money' though. Where's all the previous money gone! I mean, just googling Bruce he apparently made 100 million off the Sixth sense. I know American healthcare is expensive, but still.

 

 

 

50% tax, salaries to all his staff, houses, jets, cars etc

 

These guys simply do not live like us. There are apartments overlooking central park that cost $75m.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wiper said:

Really sad news, but for all the talk of him intentionally churning out films for a final payday (completely fair play if so), there's a niggling worry at the back of my mind regarding how much of this was him wanting to do so, and how much was a man with reduced faculties being pushed into working.

 

This was the story I read that brought me here, and some of it just sounds a bit off to me, in terms of his agency/"handler"'s involvement: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2022-03-30/bruce-willis-aphasia-memory-loss-cognitive-disorder

 

Jesus, this is awful. It's so clear his agents knew what was happening.

 

Ghouls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/03/2022 at 19:11, Pelekophoros said:

 

50% tax, salaries to all his staff, houses, jets, cars etc

 

These guys simply do not live like us. There are apartments overlooking central park that cost $75m.

 

I'm too lazy to check but I doubt any tax gets anywhere near 50% in the US!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.