rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
bolak

Game Sprites

:P I never knew about that site! Some of those are amazing... surprising how recognisable you can make someone with so few pixels.

Hehe. for a moment I thought they looked utter shite but now I agree with you. Some are excellent. The Young Ones, for example.

I'm really interested in getting some of these based on stoofle's examples he posted. I like the way they catch the light (I also want your Ghibli Kodama figures).

Hopefully if I can find some money from somewhere in the next week or two I'll get myself a starter pack.

Man, when you accidentally stick two together without them fitting perfectly, that's it, isn't it? There's no separating the buggers :P

Slide an extra block onto the sides of the two stuck pixelblocks, and just snap them apart :D Doesn't seem to damage them at all.

They are; I bought some on Saturday. They only had four sets when I went (Merry Hill, Brierley Hill, West Midlands - if anyone cares), but that might just be because the TK Maxx there is crap.

I think i'll try some of those minipops.

Slide an extra block onto the sides of the two stuck pixelblocks, and just snap them apart ;) Doesn't seem to damage them at all.

Yay! Cheers :(

I got mine from TK Maxx in Nottingham last week, they're all half price (though I snapped up a Dream and Imagination set, leaving only a Dream set at the time).

post-2333-1188914865_thumb.jpg

my god i cant believe i spent like 3hrs playing with these!!!

ive used up all my white and black and havent touched the green or purple and hardly used any blue... but no idea what to make with the remaining colors, any ideas anyone?

Amazon are selling the expansion sets (250 peices) for £2.99 (£3 cheaper than anywhere else online). I'm sure i'll need more sets of different colours though.

I just ordered 5 sets to get the free postage.

Link

My brother came round while I was messing about with these. He said "Aren't you a bit old to be playing with LEGO?"

"Firstly - it's not LEGO, and secondly - you're never too old to play with LEGO"

:lol:

My brother came round while I was messing about with these. He said "Aren't you a bit old to be playing with LEGO?"

"Firstly - it's not LEGO, and secondly - you're never too old to play with LEGO"

:lol:

Well said.

My grandad collected lego untill recently (he's in his 80's).

Every saturday, he'd buy a new lego car, truck, or building, and add it to his display cabinet.

post-2333-1188914865_thumb.jpg

my god i cant believe i spent like 3hrs playing with these!!!

ive used up all my white and black and havent touched the green or purple and hardly used any blue... but no idea what to make with the remaining colors, any ideas anyone?

Nice!

Anyway, Bub and Bob are pretty good for blue, green, purple and orange, and they've only got about 4 black pixels in each, I think.

I got a set in TK MAxx the other day and was so chuffed as I'd wanted some for ages. And now I don't know what to make. :)

MARIO!!! Always the best place to start. I'm going to have to visit my local TK MAXX now and see if I can pick some of these up. I'd completely forgotten about that.

Thank you! :lol: I've just done Tails, too (my iPhone camera fucked the colours up a bit, though):

img0138gt9.th.jpgthpix.gif

I'm finding it quite relaxing to whack the radio on and get the Pixelblocks out at the moment :lol: