rllmuk
IcEBuRN

Pepsi Max

I picked up this Cino stuff in Asda the other day. It doesn't taste like coffee. Not impressed.

It's like someone melted a load of "coffee"-flavoured boiled sweets and then made it fizzy. It's not like coffee, and it's not even like Pepsi Max.

I do quite like it, though, nice to have a change every so often.

Diet Coke with Cherry is just the normal Cherry Coke that's been around for years, only in diet form. Surely?

It definately has more of a "real" cherry taste than normal cherry coke.

I picked up this Cino stuff in Asda the other day. It doesn't taste like coffee. Not impressed.

The aftertaste is exactly like some sort of Starbucks brand iced coffee thing I used to get from vending machines in America, though I don't think I've ever had it in the UK so can see why you'd say that :)

The aftertaste is exactly like some sort of Starbucks brand iced coffee thing I used to get from vending machines in America, though I don't think I've ever had it in the UK (and it's not much like 'normal coffee') so can see why you'd say that ;)

Diet Coke with Cherry is just the normal Cherry Coke that's been around for years, only in diet form. Surely?

No its just got a hint of Cherry taste to it (bit like the Lemon or the Lime Diet Cokes). They should come out with a Diet Cherry Coke though, I love that stuff.

In a branch of 99p Stores, I found multipacks of a product called Pepsi Max Punch, which I didn't know existed. Was tempted to give it a try for a laugh, but I avoid artificial sweetener after a physiology graduate told me what it does to you...

In a branch of 99p Stores, I found multipacks of a product called Pepsi Max Punch, which I didn't know existed. Was tempted to give it a try for a laugh, but I avoid artificial sweetener after a physiology graduate told me what it does to you...

I seem to remember reading the only study to have big side-effects was when rats were given it in quantities equivalent to a human drinking 500 litres of Diet Coke in a single sitting.

excuse the necro-bump but this doesn't deserve it's own thread:

17632457_10154156496811486_1305635856628

2ltrs of wrongness. Save money, drink stagnant water from a fishtank or pond instead. It'll taste the same

(yes, I fully accept that my taste buds may be spoiled by fentimans and other, superior, colas)

12 hours ago, SeanR said:

2ltrs of wrongness. Save money, drink stagnant water from a fishtank or pond instead. It'll taste the same

(yes, I fully accept that my taste buds may be spoiled by fentimans and other, superior, colas)

I guess your taste buds are used to the absurd amounts of sugar in the fentimans etc. 

On 3/30/2017 at 08:42, SeanR said:

17632457_10154156496811486_1305635856628

I picked this up by mistake last week :doh:

I had some a week or two ago. It reminds me of some "Fiery" Cola that I think was a supermarket-brand thing I had years back.

I think anyone interested in mixing ginger and cola has probably already done it themselves, so they're inevitably going to be disappointed by Pepsi's choice of proportions.

I finally tried Pepsi Max raspberry last week, it is nice, I'd say on a par with cherry and seems to sell out fast whenever it's in stock which ginger never did. 

Love the raspberry one. Looking around...

Tesco - 500ml bottles

Asda - 1.25l bottles

Sainsburys - 2l bottles / Cans multipack. 

Tesco has the 1.5, in the beginning, then they didn’t anymore, and I was the sad.

now I get 500 as part of the meal deal. Or rather two meal deals, breakfast and lunch.

put it this way, they don’t do 2lt cherry Pepsi Max at my local Costco either...