The Spurs Thread

Reports now that a Lloris bid has been accepted by Lyon. Great news as I think Friedel is not capable of playing our system, though he's a good pro and very clever, he'll never look crap as he plays to his strengths and doesn't expose himself. Sounds harsh but I think a younger keeper could have kept out that Ba shot. Good guy to have around though.

We're also in for Dembele - I'd much rather get him in than Willian as he is a class act. Also if we sign M'Vila we'll have a radically different midfield to what we've had before. A pair of absolute monsters in the middle who can play some very good football too, I think I like that plan more than just replacing Modric.

If we get Dembele, Lloris and maybe one or two other more attacking players (depending on who we sell of course) I'll be happy. Dembele in particular would be a great signing - tall, strong, pacy and skillful, and apparently with a £15m release clause. He's already started to prove himself in the premier league so would represent lower risk than someone like Willian (who could struggle i the first season).

Be nice if we could tie some of these deals up before Friday ready to play on Saturday as well for once!

Dembele can play wide right too can't he? A midfield of Sandro and M'Vila with Bale, Dembele and Sigurdsson in front of them will be immense, all over 6' and all quick and powerful. Adebayor up top and our backline is hardly short, we might end up rivalling Stoke and West Ham for sheer aerial threat. Throw in Gylfi's delivery and we can add 'threat from set pieces' to the usual Tottenham free flowing attacking style.

Looks like Dembele is on his way then. No messing, just slap £15m on the table and getting it done. Lloris next perhaps? Also rumour of Afellay on loan which would be a good bit of business.

No other striker is a bit of a worry though, if Ade gets injured we're in a bit of bother.

Looks like Dembele is on his way then. No messing, just slap £15m on the table and getting it done. Lloris next perhaps? Also rumour of Afellay on loan which would be a good bit of business.

No other striker is a bit of a worry though, if Ade gets injured we're in a bit of bother.

I have a feeling we will sign someone from left field for our striker, maybe a just a loan as there are strong rumours going around that Damiao will be joining us in January.

Chamakh on loan then maybe? That'd be one for the history books.

We're back in for Loic Remy as well, which would be a shrewd move as he can play up front or on the wings and the sub £15m price tag I've seen quoted sounds reasonable.

I'd also be worried for Spurs when him and Defoe go missing again after Christmas. Defoe especially, he always starts the season hungry and them drops off a few months in.

Not being a Spurs fan I was wondering what people thought of Dawson potentially going? Personally it came as a major surprise to me, before his injury he was quality for you and the idea he'd rather play Gallas at his age or Kaboul permanently, is a little strange.

I'd also be worried for Spurs when him and Defoe go missing again after Christmas. Defoe especially, he always starts the season hungry and them drops off a few months in.

Not being a Spurs fan I was wondering what people thought of Dawson potentially going? Personally it came as a major surprise to me, before his injury he was quality for you and the idea he'd rather play Gallas at his age or Kaboul permanently, is a little strange.

Kaboul is fucking awesome now and is a far better player than Dawson ever was, I think he is staying now anyway as Kaboul is going to be out for a while :(

No Dembele is not confirmed yet, though he better be soon or someone who can offer him more money may sneak in and take him. We have already lost Mata and Oscar to Chelsea for that very reason recently so it better not happen again.

I really hope VdV stays too, I don't quite follow the logic that Dembele's arrival signals the end for him. I think we've signed Dembele to play a bit deeper, alongside Sandro, as he is a big guy and strong in the tackle in addition to his attacking talents, he looks best when he's running from deep as well. Meanwhile Rafa offers us something different - with Modric gone we lack those players who have a bit of guile in their movement or passing range. He's got a really good mentality to his game as well and the ever handy left foot has proved a dependable finisher.

We'll soon have 9 big blokes with lots of pace and power dashing about in the first XI, plus Benny who has lots of pace and a little bit of power in a slightly smaller frame. We've got room to carry Rafa and if Gylfi doesn't mind tracking the leftback on defence then I say stick him on the right drifting in over Lennon (this will require Bale to stick to the fucking left or we'll get too narrow). He'll net at least 10 goals a season if he plays and at least as many assists and when he gets right shagged out around the 75th minute Lennon or Defoe come on and we get that dimension too.

Agree with the comments on VDV, I'd be really sad to see him go, such a good finisher for us when others seem to be wasting chances and always puts in a performance against Arsenal! Also a bloody good penalty taker - I don't want us going back to a couple of seasons ago when we seemingly missed every penalty we got.

Kaboul out for four months. Bugger, I expect this means Dawson will be staying at least until January. On the first team front I'd like to see Caulker given a shot but I expect Gallas will be used to give a bit of continuity - if Lloris signs our central defence will be all new guys lacking a common language (unless Vertonghen can speak french? I know he is from a dutch speaking part of Belgium originally) so Gallas might be best used to ease that transition. Keeps us covered on the captain front as well.

Meanwhile Defoe has signed a new contract with the club. I think it's good he's staying and as long as he is happy to play from the bench I think he'll still bag 10-15 goals this season. Some might say this is evidence that no more strikers will be joining but I do not think that is the case.

We're shifting out a lot of players and I think our potential styles are suffering, keeping Defoe, Lennon, VDV and maybe Dawson isn't a bad idea as each of them offer something unique and give the squad flexibility even if it is from the bench.

So now it is being reported that the Lloris deal is off. Something to do with our actual offer being lower than the one we made earlier in the week to get permission to speak to the player. Wonder what's gone on there, hopefully it will get worked out in time.

Still got a vague hope that we'll have snapped up Moutinho and Remy by the close of the transfer window - with Rafa staying.

I think Damiao will wait till january.