IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

Gutted. Thought we had another good season in us with Arry at the reigns. What I'm more worried about is now Spurs being on the manager merry-go-round and chopping and changing over the next season or two.

I was wondering whether Arry has left on things to do with not wanting to sell Modric & Bale - perhaps Levy has already done the deals?

Was Redknapp considered a great manager before he joined Spurs? He did a decent (albeit debt-fuelled) job at Portsmouth and admittedly won the FA Cup (beating a grand total of one Premier League team along the way) but his standing is undeniably higher now.

Anyway, you could ask the same question about Redknapp but replace 'first 4 months' with 'last 4 months'. It's time for him to go.

Actually, I think Redknapp was a poor manager before, during, and after and that he was a bizarre appointment bar the fact that he attempts to play a reasonable looking game of football, but he has managed some decent positions admittedly. Still, I can see why's he's going, but I don't understand why you'd get so excited about Moyes arriving.

Gutted. Thought we had another good season in us with Arry at the reigns. What I'm more worried about is now Spurs being on the manager merry-go-round and chopping and changing over the next season or two.

I was wondering whether Arry has left on things to do with not wanting to sell Modric & Bale - perhaps Levy has already done the deals?

Don't expect so, if anything Levy's been the one insisting we keep them more than Redknapp was.

Don't expect so, if anything Levy's been the one insisting we keep them more than Redknapp was.

I was about to say the same thing, Redknapp seemed happy to let Modric go last season if it meant him getting all the money to spend on loads of old players.

I think it is very telling that apart from the first transfer window that Harry was in charge for, Levy gave Harry very little money to spend and most of our signings since then have been on the cheap side compared to the money that was thrown around then Jol and Ramos were in charge.

He was more than happy to let the other managers spend a shit load of money, the problem is Levy likes to buy players who will have a high resell value. Harry though was more inclined to spend big on players that are older and thus unlikely to make the club any profit.

No, a freak ocurrence was finishing behind that terrible Arsenal team. Spurs are better in every department (well, bar RVP) but bottled it, as usual.

Terrible Arsenal team or not, since they lost to Man Utd at home in January, they only lost two games in the run in. Two! That's no freak occurrance, that's awesome form.

The timing is very strange. If it were purely football reasons then why didn't they do it right at the end of the season? They could then have got someone in as soon as possible so the new manager could bed in and look for new players.

The timing makes me think it is a personality clash. They're not going to get anyone better. The group of players was over performing with Redknapp in charge so they won't do better than this season. This "new direction" that they want to go in must be to buy younger players with a resell value again as Redknapp was mostly buying older players.

I think they need someone that can attract and handle big names as well as obviously having great tactical abilities. I can't see Moyes or Martinez attracting and handling big name players.

I am surprised we have not been taken over before to be honest. I am not sure I want a oil rich Arab buying our club though, yes it would bring us success etc but I sort of like us being the only English owned team in the top 6 and the fact we are not millions and millions in debt like most other clubs.

I am surprised we have not been taken over before to be honest. I am not sure I want a oil rich Arab buying our club though, yes it would bring us success etc but I sort of like us being the only English owned team in the top 6 and the fact we are not millions and millions in debt like most other clubs.

It would aid with the new stadium but with Financial Fair Play rules now in place it would not be a City like scenario where money was spent with no regard.

So Charlie/Benny, on a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you about us possibly signing Siggi?

10 for so many reasons.

1. He is a very good young player who will take Krancjar's place in the squad and finally we will have someone that can cover VDV's position without having to change the formation which we did far too many times last season. VDV wont be leaving.

2. We will finally have some in the squad that can take decent free kicks and corners.

3. I really do not want him to join Liverpool as I would have to take a dislike to him then and would not want him to succeed there.

4. He is a ex Reading player who is the best player to come out of Reading since Neil Webb.