The Spurs Thread

Well Parker and Bale back for tonight's game against Stevenage - a win will take us to the quarter finals against Bolton.

Hope we can win comfortably and early tonight since would love to see further progress through the cup, as well as being able to relax some of the more important players in the second half ready for Saturday's tie against a tricky Everton team.

Well I have changed it, so now if we go on and win every match for the rest of the season and we win the title, I am going to take all the credit and will expect some money from Daniel Levy.

If we lose tonight you have to change it back to your original pre-BAE one 8)

Well Parker and Bale back for tonight's game against Stevenage - a win will take us to the quarter finals against Bolton.

Hope we can win comfortably and early tonight since would love to see further progress through the cup, as well as being able to relax some of the more important players in the second half ready for Saturday's tie against a tricky Everton team.

If we lose tonight you have to change it back to your original pre-BAE one 8)

If we lose tonight , I will just retire from the forum :)

I wouldn't risk Bale or VDV tonight and I would give Gio a run out tonight, this would be my team.

Cudicini

Smith Dawson Gallas Rose

Lennon Livermore Sandro Gio

Sahar Defoe

Made a right meal out of that and crocked a couple of our best players in the process.

I mean clearly the avatar switch did something but I fear only a full reversal will bring the buccaneering form that destroyed Newcastle.

Dawson's done for the season, probably have a terribly patchy one next season too if it turns out its his knee ligaments as well as his ankle. Proper shame for him as he'd only really come back, but also leaves the squad terribly thin at the back again. Its a very good thing Gallas is back now, but 3 of the 4 remaining central defenders are all old and very injury prone. Good thing Livermore's so bloody versatile, I expect we'll see him in the back line again this season.

The only bright spot from last night was the VDV managed to play a whole 90 mins without either getting injured or looking fucking knakerd.

We have missed him a lot I feel over the last couple of months as for me he is just about our best player we have and mentality wise he is winner who has been there and done it, unlike most of our squad.

Dear oh dear. It was a very unlucky result on Saturday, we really could and should have won it quite comfortably.

If the Arse win tonight that makes the gap just 1 point, and after the FA Cup tie this weekend, we have a couple of hard games coming up - Stoke at home on a Weds night, followed by Chelsea away on the Saturday. After that we have eight Prem League fixtures, none of which are playing a team that are any higher placed than 8th (Sunderland).

If we can beat Chelsea away that should give us the confidence boost to go on and win most of those final fixtures, but we really have to start banging the goals in and stop giving away silly goals formed from mistakes.

Charliemouse - is it time you changed your avatar back?

no more Bale on the right...

Agreed, it's a shame Lennon is out since we really don't have much pace on the right with anyone else. We've needed a Lennon back-up/competition for years now. It really is time for Kranjcar to shine now, it's a shame Pienaar is out on loan, but then again Saha has been useful and I'm sure that would have been part of the deal.

• 2 weeks later...

We need a win tonight! COYS

We do, also need revenge for the appalling game we lost at stoke with a shocking ref!

However it's going to be a funny game for the players that were on the pitch Gainst Bolton and Harry has already said anyone not ready to play again doesn't have to.

I'm not very confident tonight :(

Well fuck me and call me Sheila, we only gone and done scored a goal :o

I'm still angry about dropping 11 points in four games and losing third place. We've got Chel$ki at Saturday lunchtime, and then Bolton in the FA Cup on Tuesday evening. Must win games.

Our set pieces, both attacking and defensively, are beyond parody. Truly awful, wholly unacceptable and there doesn't seem to be anything happening to improve them.

Agreed. Corners were dreadful tonight, and last time I checked, Kaboul is still taking our direct at goal free kicks :hmm:

Its not just been tonight, we've scored 1 maybe 2 goals from corners all season, and we get a lot of corners. We've only scored 1 free kick as well that I can recall too, and the guy who scored it is not even at the club any more!

In games like that when we're having trouble breaking down the opposition not even threatening from set pieces is costing us points.

What were we like tonight, stats show we dominated it but couldn't score - again i don't think we have been bad in any of the prev loses bar the madness at Arsenal of course.

Pretty much dominated, better in the second half, but we lacked that spark up front, and our set-pieces really were dreadful as Red mentioned above.

We need Lennon back.

Someone on the talksport show The Press Pass said they had spoken to a Prem manager about Spurs and the manager said the Spurs player's legs have gone. I think he could be right. Didn't Spurs have a nightmare around the same time last season?

Adebayor also seems to be having a nightmare at the moment. I think his really important to the attack. Keeps the ball up there and makes things happen. I think it might also be motivation. I know Newcastle were shit but the players came out flying. It wouldn't surprise me if after that game they found out Harry was definitely leaving and they're now feeling completely demoralised.

I'm utterly gutted. How can we only get 1 point in four games? Yes we may have had Arse-enal and ManUre but considering the games during the season I would've expected at least a proper challenge against them, not the utter collapse we saw.