The Spurs Thread

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric faces a long spell on the sidelines after breaking his leg in the win over Birmingham City.

Modric was hurt following a tangle with Lee Bowyer during the early stages of the second half of Saturday's 2-1 success at White Hart Lane and was replaced by Peter Crouch.

Speaking after the game, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp was hoping that the Croatia international had only suffered damage to his calf.

However, X-rays have now shown the Croatian ace has fractured his right fibula and it could lead to Modric being out of action for months.

A Tottenham statement read: "X-rays have determined that Luka Modric sustained a fracture to his right fibula during Saturday's victory over Birmingham City at White Hart Lane."

The injury will be a major blow for Spurs, with Modric having been an influential figure in the club's 100 per cent start to the Premier League season.

It could also prompt Redknapp to plunge into the transfer market before Tuesday's deadline as the injuries start to mount up in North London.

Ledley King also picked up an injury against Birmingham and Redknapp conceded his squad is a bit short with Michael Dawson and Jonathan Woodgate also injured.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we'll probably draw with them again, people are coming back from injury and I expect King will probably end up playing but we're yet to keep a clean sheet. With Lennon in fine form and Evra having no clue how to deal with him the last few times we've played we should score though.

A draw will do but I have a feeling we are gonna sneak it 2-1. I really don't think Man U are as strong this year especaily their midfield so if Palacios and The Hudd can win the midfield which I think they will I can see us finally beating them like we should have done a few times over the last few seasons.

Keane was diabolical and needed to come off long before he did, would have rather seen Bentley play than have Keane there. Will be very very happy to have Woody and Daws back too, Bassong and King are too alike IMO and we need a classic CB in there to steady us at times. Both have been training apparently so we're nearly back to full strength.

Was a fantastic game to watch and Spurs still looked decent. Man U just had one of those games, how did the same side lose to Burnley ???!!!

Fosters save from Jenas changed the game, had that gone in i would have backed Spurs to win. Lennon started well but looked tired and no wonder after playing so well for England. With the players missing and against a really good Man U performance i was still happy enough with Spurs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...