IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

2 hours ago, SaintAnselm said:

We have an attack up there with Liverpool and Man City now, personally I would sell Moura and buy a young English forward, if only to help out homegrown quota and also Lucas is far too inconsistent.

I like Moura for his attitude but like you say he is far too inconsistent. He also loses possession too much especially now refs let more physical contact go unpunished. 

Getting rid of Lo Celso and Ndombele are the main issues though. 

So Bergwijn has gone, shame it didnt work out as there is a great player in there and will forever be a hero for his debut goal against Man City - I think he will fly at Ajax and no doubt knock us out of a competition at some point in the near future 😂

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

So Bergwijn has gone, shame it didnt work out as there is a great player in there and will forever be a hero for his debut goal against Man City - I think he will fly at Ajax and no doubt knock us out of a competition at some point in the near future 😂

I would have kept him and sold Lucas to be honest but I guess he isn’t happy being on the bench which Moura seems quite happy with.

Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks and possibly more surprisingly Reguilon left out of the squad for the South Korea tour, and told to get on with finding new clubs.

Reggie looked the real deal when we first got him, but he’s unfortunately turned out to be just slightly better than average at all the things a wingback has to do.

Just now, Jammy said:

Been reading today about extremely intense training sessions in Seoul, to the degree that players were collapsing !

Conte with a full preseason and the players he wants? Sounds likes it's going to be great. I sort of wish we had taken Ndombele over there just to see how he would get on with this sort of training...

14 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Conte with a full preseason and the players he wants? Sounds likes it's going to be great. I sort of wish we had taken Ndombele over there just to see how he would get on with this sort of training...

Since Poch left, they’ve not been fit enough. Always ran out of steam under Jose and covered the least distance in the league under Nuno. Conte turned things around quite well without a pre-season, so can only be good news with a full summer.

image.png

14 hours ago, Jammy said:

Been reading today about extremely intense training sessions in Seoul, to the degree that players were collapsing !

Yeah the media reports that they were "collapsing", but I reckon it's bollocks.  Maybe on your knees with exhaustion like anyone would be after running, but hardly "collapsing".

36 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Yeah the media reports that they were "collapsing", but I reckon it's bollocks.  Maybe on your knees with exhaustion like anyone would be after running, but hardly "collapsing".

There’s footage of Sonny looking extremely unwell. A few were puking too. They needed this :)

1 hour ago, Loik V credern said:

That player clutching the back of his head in the fetal position. :lol: who is that?

I'd be more concerned about heat exhaustion. What's the heat like there? 

It was 30 in the stadium with high humidity apparently. Not sure who that player is either - maybe Richarlison or Bentancur ? Doherty (front left) looks dead !

Amateurs, its well over 30 in my gaming room and im ‘training’ still….

We do seem to be doing an awful lot of good pre season prep and business, its a bit odd so im not sure how to handle it!

5 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Amateurs, its well over 30 in my gaming room and im ‘training’ still….

We do seem to be doing an awful lot of good pre season prep and business, its a bit odd so im not sure how to handle it!

Let's just not get too excited...

I mean, "Lads, it's Tottenham"

(I'm really excited)

I feel like the mentality is finally changing in a good way. For all the positives under Poch, I think the mentality that was there for the first couple or three seasons started going south again with their failure to overcome the final hurdle and win something.

The squad as a whole is now older and a lot more mature, the team that finished 3rd and then 2nd was incredibly young really and maybe if we had had a few older players back then, that might have made the difference in us winning something.

When you look at all the best teams they are usually mainly players over the age the 28 with a few younger ones mixed in.  I feel we have that balance now ourselves, the core of the team is 28 plus but we also have plenty of players who haven’t reached their peak yet and are only going to get better.

2 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

The main thing we have is a manager who absolutely will not accept failure. I think we need to savour this season as I expect he'll be leaving at the end of it...

Agree with your first half, but hope you’re wrong about the second. I feel like he’s fully onboard and already loves the club. As long as Levy keeps his nose out !

56 minutes ago, Jammy said:

Agree with your first half, but hope you’re wrong about the second. I feel like he’s fully onboard and already loves the club. As long as Levy keeps his nose out !

Yeah I think as long as he gets mostly his own way he will stay. I am hopeful!

Chances are they’re looking at him because of a lack of contract length, so he’s cheaper than we suspect. Plus, another that counts as ‘homegrown’, which we’re struggling with. Spence is another one, but if they manage to offload Winks it’s one in, one out atm.

8 hours ago, SaintAnselm said:

Tanganga may well leave too and to be honest he isn’t good enough for even back up for us to do really.

Yeah he's one who I won't be sad to see leave. Never done anything particularly wrong but clearly not at the standard we need.