The Spurs Thread

I know it was only against poor opposition but our performance last night was the first time in ages that we have looked full of energy all over the pitch. Even Winks looked good. 

Calling it now Romero and Gil are going to be great signings. 

54 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I know it was only against poor opposition but our performance last night was the first time in ages that we have looked full of energy all over the pitch. Even Winks looked good. 

Calling it now Romero and Gil are going to be great signings. 

It was nice to see us play with some intensity, and I agree Gil was awesome and to be honest his movement was too good for most of our players.

I know you guys were desperate to offload him but I think he'll be

decent for us. Reminiscent of Capoue who was a bit of a joke too before going on to be one of Watford's greatest ever midfielders.

Disappointed Will Hughes fucked off to Palace the way he did but at least everyone is happy now. 

34 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

decent for us. Reminiscent of Capoue who was a bit of a joke too before going on to be one of Watford's greatest ever midfielders.

Disappointed Will Hughes fucked off to Palace the way he did but at least everyone is happy now. 

He will always give his all for you but technically he just isn’t very good, Moussa seems like a lovely bloke though and I hope the rest of your squad know the rules to Uno.

3 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

I think he just lost focus and needed a new challenge. He’ll probably do well for you.

12 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

He played a very important roll under Poch and was very much under rated - can’t shoot for shit and had to be sold for missing the one on one against Liverpool alone ;) 

Very unfashionable player but has played most of the best opposition prem league players off the park at times and been part of some of the best performances of recent years, ended up being a bargain after all the crap he got over the fee from Newcastle and wish him well - obv hope you lose this weekend…

5 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Top of the league for the next two weeks at least.

That other team on the other hand... 😂

9 - the number of points we have and goals Arsenal have let in

0 - the number of goals we have let in and goals arsenal have score & points they have

😂

I'm going to have some fun later with a few friends that support the bottom team, they make no bones that they refer to us as "the scum". I wonder if "Wenger In" is trending, or the "enough is enough" phrase they love to use!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like we’ve got half the side out for Palace. Romero, Lo Celso and Sanchez isolating, and Son. Skipp and Bergwijn potentially out with injury. This could be Ndombele’s redemption arc…

I think we have enough regardless to beat Palace, they're missing a key player or two I think as well.

Ndombele's redemption arc needs to happen sooner rather than later, so hopefully the missing player situation is a blessing in disguise.

25 minutes ago, Jammy said:

Jesus, I knew we were a few players short, but when I saw the announcement of the side I didn’t think it looked too bad. 

Anyone watch it ? Did anyone actually play well ?

Moura looked like he cared. Dele too. Nobody else looked that bothered. Royal had a decent ish debut considering he was up against Zaha. Kane was practically on strike. But having to make runs based on winks passing the ball forward must be pretty demoralising.

11 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I think I've already seen enough of this Nuno ball. The more I think about yesterday the more I want him out. God it was awful. Really bad. To make matters worse it's only a matter of time before Arsenal get Conte in.

Conte isn’t going to Arsenal, but I do agree with you on Nuno, the football is even worse than it was under Jose, and now to top it off, Kane is barely breaking a sweat these days.

55 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Tonight is the last chance for Nuno. If we don't play something approaching nice football then I'm out. 

On a sidenote - has Ndombele travelled? We can't possibly lineup with that midfield again. Can we?

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on tonight's game, it will be a different team and setup to what we can expect in the League.

We have Chelsea and Arsenal next in the league, if we haven't sorted our midfield, and creative movement by the latter of those two games then I expect a lot of fans will feel the same as you.    No one wants 'Jose but nice'.

1 hour ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Tonight is the last chance for Nuno. If we don't play something approaching nice football then I'm out. 

On a sidenote - has Ndombele travelled? We can't possibly lineup with that midfield again. Can we?

Honestly mate, you sound like an AFTV fan…