The Spurs Thread

I actually thought Eriksen was okay last night.   Rose was poor, and sadly was Dier was also.  

I would love for Dier to find that form from a couple of seasons back, when he was England's number 1.  However I'm not sure how much time he's got to prove himself.

Anyone here managed to buy a guest ticket for a game? I want to go to the Norwich game on Jan 22nd and can get myself a ticket as a member but not buy two as needs to be on guest release....

Any idea when tickets go on guest release?  apparently it’s before general release but the app/site is shite for being able to find this out!

4 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Damn this team. Aurier and Eriksen. Fuck off!!

Also looks like Ndombele will be fulfilling the Luke Shaw role of José's United. 

Ndombele is pure class, he hasn’t had a sec playing without being back from injury but you can see in moments how good he could be - it’s a shame we are so weak we have to play him so quickly as he needs some time to get fit. Aurier is just a liability, he needs to be replaced urgently during this window.

Nice easy game next with no Kane and Ndombele........

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Ndombele is pure class, he hasn’t had a sec playing without being back from injury but you can see in moments how good he could be - it’s a shame we are so weak we have to play him so quickly as he needs some time to get fit. Aurier is just a liability, he needs to be replaced urgently during this window.

Nice easy game next with no Kane and Ndombele........

I agree he looks good but José won't put up with a player pulling out with niggly injuries. At least Son will be back...

Our season is feeling very much like Groundhog Day at the moment - each week rears the same issues, and now we've got the old 'Kane out with no tested backup' issue.

Son usually does well when Kane is out, and it would be good to see Parrott.

The passing was so so bad yesterday, just simple short passed were well off, and any long ball or cross useless.  

Sometimes I don't want to know what Kane may really be thinking... 

38 minutes ago, meatbin said:

The passing was so so bad yesterday, just simple short passed were well off, and any long ball or cross useless.  

Sometimes I don't want to know what Kane may really be thinking... 

To be honest though, even Kane isn’t the player he was 2-3 seasons ago, all those injuries and being the only striker Spurs have had since he got into the team have really taken their toil on him now.  He is also one of our players that seems to have gained too much muscle which has affected their pace and mobility, Dier is another one that just seems so ponderous and slow compared to how they were a few seasons back.

2 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

To be honest though, even Kane isn’t the player he was 2-3 seasons ago, all those injuries and being the only striker Spurs have had since he got into the team have really taken their toil on him now.  He is also one of our players that seems to have gained too much muscle which has affected their pace and mobility, Dier is another one that just seems so ponderous and slow compared to how they were a few seasons back.

The full backs were always key to our fast play style. We are now stuck with nobody who can reliably play in either position. Also Eriksen used to be excellent at pressing and winning the ball back - you can see now he can't be arsed. 

I still think the loss of Dembele has been key. He was a proper all round midfielder. How has he done since he left? Getting him back even temporarily would suit me (unless he has been crocked). 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Please sell Eriksen. 

Hopefully it's done.

Christian Eriksen has reached a personal agreement to join Inter Milan on a four-year contract. Tottenham want £17m to let him go in January.
[Gazzetta dello Sport]

About the game on Saturday; I just wished we’d got at them in the first half rather than with half an hour to go. The second half showed that we can still compete with these teams, and they showed a resolve that I haven’t seen for a few weeks. Lo Celso has to start ahead of Eriksen now (although he may be gone anyway).

55 minutes ago, meatbin said:

I cannot understand why Eriksen is starting over Lo Celso.

Nor can anyone, and no we are buying another midfielder who I assume will be picked before him as well.

Until we buy a proper defensive midfielder, we are simply not going to get any better.

1 hour ago, meatbin said:

I cannot understand why Eriksen is starting over Lo Celso.

Only thing I can think of is Lo Celso is maybe still not up to 100% fitness, he was a real breath of fresh air when he came on Saturday and it shows how much a player with impetus can pick up others. Eriksen hasn't shown that level of commitment for so long now it's just depressing. 

The last notable thing Eriksen did was lose possession leading to the goal city scored in the champions league that was then ruled out with the greatest piece of VAR ever. 

Other than that he has been garbage. 

Good first half performance. Second half a bit less controlled. Lo Celso looks great and even Lamela looked good. We definitely seemed to lose something once Moura came off. Eriksen still seemed to be playing at half speed but hopefully he might finally be off. 

Yeah first half was enjoyable to watch. We had a seat near the corner to the right of all the goals scored (goalie's POV) so a great view to see the goals happen and to see, at one point, Mourinho dancing like a crab. 

Second half got messy, I am not sure what they lost, maybe just got a little bored, complacent, I don't know, and it was a really soft goal and without wanting to take away from Middlesbrough felt like Gazzaniga's mistake rather than a great goal. 

The sausage rolls at the stadium are still lovely.