rllmuk

The Spurs Thread

4 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

I just don't want to see these players ever play for Spurs again.

Rose

Aurier

Alderwield

Eriksen

But if Poch keeps picking them, then I am afraid he has to go too.

He doesn’t have a lot of choice with a few of those given the state of our injury riddled squad and I’m still behind Erik who all Spurs fans seem to forget has traditionally always started slowly before entering god mode - I’d happily never see Aurier play again, Rose has just been poor but he is a club legend so gets some slack until Sess is fit and Toby has been no worse than Jan so why isn’t he on your list esp as he spent a couple of seasons desperate to go?

Clearly there are problems and teams are exploiting of defensive deficiencies but I can’t think of anyone I’d rather be at the club than Poch, he needs to be fully supported not left out to dry.

9 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

He doesn’t have a lot of choice with a few of those given the state of our injury riddled squad and I’m still behind Erik who all Spurs fans seem to forget has traditionally always started slowly before entering god mode - I’d happily never see Aurier play again, Rose has just been poor but he is a club legend so gets some slack until Sess is fit and Toby has been no worse than Jan so why isn’t he on your list esp as he spent a couple of seasons desperate to go?

Clearly there are problems and teams are exploiting of defensive deficiencies but I can’t think of anyone I’d rather be at the club than Poch, he needs to be fully supported not left out to dry.

Jan would be my list too.

Davies, Sanchez, Dier, Sess, Foyth and Walker-Peters are all options to play in defence and I am sure they couldn't do any worse than the current lot.

Eriksen is probably the best player I have ever seen live but he hasn't wanted to play for us for over a season now.  Personally I feel he has been poorly advised, not one team were interested in him over the summer and for inside sources are correct he has had a new vastly improved contract ready to sign for over 6 months now but it seems he only wants to join teams that simply don't want to buy him.

Sess, Foyth and Walker peters are still it match fit and Dier almost is - Davies has been poor and esp against Liverpool so I’d be wary of him coming back in, Rose must be better in training as he isn’t exactly Poch fave historically and Sanchez has played this season and generally been poor.

When fit I’m with you, Rose is done and I’d really like to see Foyth play but we have a huge issue at right back, clearly Poch was let down on a purchase there as he wouldn’t have let Trippier go as he had written Aurier off last season.

Erik I partially agree on, he is the reason we have the points we do and has changed games and also been ineffective, std early season form for him - I’ve read loads about him having the same deal as Kane on the table so he will sign or be gone in Jan without a doubt.

I think the cycle has ended with the current bunch and we need time with the new lot, we are in danger of becoming as bad as Arsenal fans at this rate - every year Poch has been with us we have massively overachieved and we are currently sat in our financial power position at the moment as we are at the cusp of having the money we needed 4 seasons ago too truly push on, as Take That once said we need a little patience!

1 minute ago, Jammy said:

Didn’t see it, but from what I’ve been reading, a very welcome return to form for the team.

Coincidentally most of the players who clearly want to leave weren't playing tonight...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

So a team containing no players who want out, play well and could have scored a few more, no real shock there and hopefully this will be the way forward from now on.

With Alli back and Lo Celso finally coming in hopefully that can continue now, and the team can really start the season. 

Big difference is Liverpool took their chances, Trent made far more defencive mistakes than Aurier (even if it was a soft pen it was brain dead defending) but we didn’t take those chances when presented - on the whole a decent performance and Salah was managed out of the game with Mane at arms length until the pen, we’ve gone from defensive howlers to looking solid and that’s a miracle esp against Liverpool at Anfield.

We must turn that into a positive result at Everton tho, hopefully Sess will play with Rose out so even after a defeat I’m ok with things.

20 hours ago, Jammy said:

Ericksen was a near passenger again. N'Dombele really looked the part when He came on.

Poch didn't agree with you on the latter player, his comments after the game were a little strange to be honest, but then his press conferences since we lost the Champions League have been full of weird and strange things.  

On the plus side, Danny Rose is suspended this week, though knowing Poch, he will pull out another weird and bizarre tactical decision and have Lucas playing as a LB.  

On 30/10/2019 at 17:06, Charliemouse said:

Poch didn't agree with you on the latter player, his comments after the game were a little strange to be honest, but then his press conferences since we lost the Champions League have been full of weird and strange things.  

Funnily enough...

His defence of Eriksen is odd at the moment. We were playing with ten men at Liverpool and again at Everton, even before Sonny was sent off.

12 minutes ago, Jammy said:

His defence of Eriksen is odd at the moment. We were playing with ten men at Liverpool and again at Everton, even before Sonny was sent off.

Sadly I fully expect Eriksen to start tomorrow where we will either draw or maybe just about struggle to a throughly unconvincing win from a Kane penalty.

The sooner we can get rid of all the players out of contract soon so Pochettino can stop playing them the better.

24 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Sadly I fully expect Eriksen to start tomorrow where we will either draw or maybe just about struggle to a throughly unconvincing win from a Kane penalty.

The sooner we can get rid of all the players out of contract soon so Pochettino can stop playing them the better.

Fingers crossed mate - Eriksen’s stats against Everton were indefensible. Zero tackles or chances made in 90 mins, and possession given away 16 times, is terrible for a central midfielder.

I’m going tomorrow, hope Lo Celso starts but I still have a soft spot for King Erik even with his dire performances of late, he is easily one of (if not the) best player I’ve ever seen play live in a Spurs shirt and still hope he will turn it around...

15 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I’m going tomorrow, hope Lo Celso starts but I still have a soft spot for King Erik even with his dire performances of late, he is easily one of (if not the) best player I’ve ever seen play live in a Spurs shirt and still hope he will turn it around...

Enjoy! What stand are you in? 

On 09/11/2019 at 09:30, meatbin said:

Enjoy! What stand are you in? 

I was in Paxton. The stadium is incredible, I got there late so couldn’t really have a tour but will be going back soon to check it out more - easily the best stadium I’ve seen a live game in.

What a crap performance Dier and Aurier had their own personal competition to see who could be the worst player in the pitch - Aurier won it in the end!

Gah, this season is quite upsetting so far. The only good thing is that we managed top four losing 13 times last season, so if we can steady the ship we have a reasonable chance of climbing the table. I think we’re only 3 points off 6th, but 10 points off 4th now, so we can’t slip further behind. But I can’t tally some of these players’ performances for England or in the CL with their league form at the moment. Kane looked great in the last international fixtures, but he looks stodgy and static playing for us.

I'm gutted.  This is the man who took us to the Champions League final... only a few months ago!  Why did it fall apart so badly since?

To be honest, I was saying to my mate a week or two ago that considering where we are, it wouldn't surprise me if Spurs sacked him.  Still sad though.