Your Favourite Sit-com Character

momomo

Larry Davids said his was Bilko (cant really argue with that, Phil Silvers is known as the father of British comedy)

Ricky Gervais fave is George Costanza, up there with Bilko in my books.

One of my faves is Rigsby of rising Damp, Leonard Rossiters tour-de-force ranks up there with Phil silvers. LR could deliver 100 brilliant gags a second, like an UZI each hitting its mark with perfect timing. True comedy. Rigsby was an arrogant, sexist, sex-starved nosey bigot but some how still lovable.

Like all the best brilliant Brit comedy characters from Hancock, Steptoe, Garnett, Fawlty, Blackadder and Brent, complete losers whose self importance always played a part in their down fall, superb.

All hail the British Sit-com Characters best in the world.

Oh yes, Rigsby was superb, especially his pathetic attempts at seduction.

Actually there's a decent DVD boxset with all four series plus the film. Play used to have this one with just the TV shows for about £14, sadly it's sold out.

It's the situation and the people around them that makes a character great.

Oh yes, Rigsby was superb, especially his pathetic attempts at seduction.

Actually there's a decent DVD boxset with all four series plus the film. Play used to have this one with just the TV shows for about £14, sadly it's sold out.

It's the situation and the people around them that makes a character great.

You have to admit the 3 other characters, Ruth, Lennie Godber father of Kate Beckinsale, and the Black son of the chief were about as perfect cast to any British sit-com ever.

I don't usually think of Scrubs as a sitcom

Neither does anyone else thats seen it. Zing!

Anyway, I'll cheat and mention two Steptoe and Son. Both horrible awful people, wouldn't make it on their own but together its comedy gold.

Then Homer, George Costanza, Larry Sanders and Larry David.