Manga

Headache

On 13/04/2016 at 10:51 PM, Ryan said:

Oh. My. God.

Is it any good? I got three pages in and it was pretty much panels filled with text. Which is just like the previous few chapters had been, according to my now vague memories. I loved HxH back in its golden days, but it's just got so damn boring. I thought the Ant saga was a mistep, but what's happened since is worse by far. The characters talking through all their theories and permutations would be too dense and dull in a novel. I've pretty much given up on it. 

I'm relatively new to the whole manga thing but I currently have an Attack on Titan obsession and, as a reward to myself for recently quitting smoking I thought I'd still building an anime/manga collection for my new flat. 

Obviously there's a wealth of material out there but what would people recommend as something to read/watch next in a similar vein to AoT? 

Just caught up to date with Berserk (started reading assuming it would be over as it started in 1988, but I'll not make that mistake again). I really, really enjoyed it, it's such a shame that it's going to be a Battle Angel style reading experience now :(

I'm five volumes in and I'm loving it. It's sometimes a little hard to follow but I love the art. To be honest I prefer my Manga in paper form (Despite being a stanch digital fan for everything else) but I couldn't really pass up those prices.

Can anyone help me remember the name of a Manga I read a few years ago?

The main characters were a girl who had been scammed into taking part in some elaborate fraud, and a guy who was some kind of fraud-busting super genius. The setup was that a group of people had who had found themselves conned into owing some gangsters money were forced to play these weird mind games with each other. There was one challenge which was a parody of border control, and one involved musical chairs.

20 minutes ago, revlob said:

Can anyone help me remember the name of a Manga I read a few years ago?

The main characters were a girl who had been scammed into taking part in some elaborate fraud, and a guy who was some kind of fraud-busting super genius. The setup was that a group of people had who had found themselves conned into owing some gangsters money were forced to play these weird mind games with each other. There was one challenge which was a parody of border control, and one involved musical chairs.

Liar Game?

• 1 month later...

Enjoying Hunter X Hunter atm. Quite a surprise to see how the Hisoka vs Chrollo fight panned out.

I did have to go back and re-read some chapters several times to try and work out how Chrollo's set-up was supposed to be laid out. Thankfully it made more sense as it fight unfolded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two chapters of bleach left, confirmed that last week's was the end of the final battle. One chapter this week wrapping up in soul society, no jump next week then assumedly a final chapter in the real world in two weeks time.

I could have sworn Bleach already ended months (years?) ago, but obviously not. I must have stopped reading it. The last thing I remember is the Quincy king going off to fight God, or something. In my head that arc ended the same way all the arcs ended.

Bleach is the perfect example of a Shonen manga over-extended for the sake of taking fewer risks (like serialising new material). It went on far too long and should have been put to bed straight after all that business with Aizen.