Mcdonalds Breakfast ( Sausage & Egg ) Muffin

JPickford (retired mod)

On 10/21/2017 at 01:17, Cras said:

Sadly you can't add more cheese, it's on/off only.

That's a pretty grievous oversite. A double sausage mcMuffin with triple cheese is the stuff of dirty, dirty dreams.

I get a McDees brekky whenever I can; a breakfast wrap with brown sauce and a double sausage McMuffin with no egg. If I got the chance to up the sausage count I most certainly would take that to its limits.

• 2 weeks later...

I make my own Sausage & Egg Muffins. Its so easy just to reshape a normal sausage, get some plastic cheese, large egg cooked in one of those ring things. I also tend to you cheese muffins, toasted. Gorgeous! 

I haven't has a maccas was ages

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the "customise" button on the computerised ordering terminals?

You can make a quad suasage and egg muffin, that's 4 sausage slices, 3 eggs, and also add 2 bacon.

£6.49 with a hashbrown and a coffee.  And thanks to the ordering terminals, you don't need to speak to a person so there's no shame in ordering.

(unless they misread the receipt and make it up wrong - do you want to be that guy, the one who says, "excuse me, there's only 3 slices of sausage and not enough eggs on this monstrosity)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I had my first(!) McMuffin this year*, cos you can order it without cheese via the in-store ordering screen thing.

I loved it so much I bought these

image.thumb.png.75ef3d91355b70c433e50d9d413b243f.png

and made this:

image.thumb.png.a540d077f3904986f77c37a1bcc61808.png

which is a terrible photo, but I had to snatch it from my son before he ate it. He'd already polished off the first one, and his mother had the other two muffins with bacon

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b3a527efd18dd6d56e678a11c1431b74.png

meanwhile I had my sausage patties and fried eggs, cut in half, and rolled in oven-warmed tortilla wraps**.

The trick is to break the yoke, as this eradicates the chances of a liquid core.

* at least it's the first one I remember.

** that's right? I made them, didn't get to eat them.

I have been tasked with making breakfast for about 100 people the week of Christmas, I have two ovens that are not on site but near, a microwave on site, two warming lidded dishes to hold it all in. Gonna get lorne sausage, black pudding, halloumi, sausage and egg mcmuffin homemade, vege version and a vegan version. 

Gonna give people a choice then make them on the morning, prepared. Will stagger everyone over two rooms at 20min intervals the whole morning. Fake champagne upon arrival and tea/coffee with mince pie to leave. Anyone else wanna come?

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Has anyone found a vegetarian sausage pattie that compares to the mighty Quorn which has sadly been discontinued?

Heck's 'Ultimate Vegan Burger' tastes to me like it's try to emulate sausagemeat rather than beef. It's very nice

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

Has anyone found a vegetarian sausage pattie that compares to the mighty Quorn which has sadly been discontinued?

Moving Mountains do a vegan sausage burger. I've not tried it, but their vegan sausages and hotdogs are fucking fantastic, so I'd imagine they're equally as good. Also ruinously expensive though. Available in Sainsbury's freezer section (and the website says Waitrose and Ocado). I treat myself to the odd pack of their sossies or Hotdogs when they're on special offer - they really are top notch. I noticed they've just started doing regular burgers too. Might have to give them a crack to see how they match up to Beyond's.

If you want something a bit cheaper Naked Glory's vegan sausages are very nearly as good (available in all supermarkets I think). You could skin a couple of them, and mash the contents into a patty, I guess. Should work just fine.

Just now, MarkN said:

Moving Mountains do a vegan sausage burger. I've not tried it, but their vegan sausages and hotdogs are fucking fantastic, so I'd imagine they're equally as good. Also ruinously expensive though. Available in Sainsbury's freezer section (and the website says Waitrose and Ocado). I treat myself to the odd pack of their sossies or Hotdogs when they're on special offer - they really are top notch. I noticed they've just started doing regular burgers too. Might have to give them a crack to see how they match up to Beyond's.

If you want something a bit cheaper Naked Glory's vegan sausages are very nearly as good (available in all supermarkets I think). You could skin a couple of them, and mash the contents into a patty, I guess. Should work just fine.

I've had the moving mountains sausage patty, it's probably fine as a burger replacement but it's far too big and lacks that herby flavour that defines the maccies sausage.

On 19/11/2020 at 17:49, MarkN said:

We tried these and I’d go as far as to say they were crap, love a moving mountain burger but the sausage burger wasn’t very good and miles off a Maccy D one :( 

On 23/11/2020 at 04:59, Shimmyhill said:

We tried these and I’d go as far as to say they were crap, love a moving mountain burger but the sausage burger wasn’t very good and miles off a Maccy D one :( 

I was really excited when I saw these, I thought they were the moving mountain burger , I was sorely dissapointed. Gross.