Mcdonalds Breakfast ( Sausage & Egg ) Muffin

JPickford (retired mod)

We always have MSG in the house. It's great stuff. You can't do a chicken fried rice properly without it and, as we've discussed in other threads, it does you no harm at all. One of the great food myths of our era is that MSG is bad for you.

• 2 months later...
soon ?

They're still trialling in Liverpool. My mate who transferred to a Liverpool branch says they're incredibly popular so it's pretty much a cert they'll get the go ahead to launch nationwide, probably in the Autumn now though.

• 1 month later...
I think macdonalds have removed msg from all their food now.

Have they? That may be why I haven't enjoyed the last few muffins I've had. Shame :unsure:

OT, has anybody else tried making these again? Any closer to the Holy Grail?

• 2 weeks later...

Sausage & Egg McMuffin™

English Muffin

Wheat Flour, Water, Yeast, Maize Grits, Ground

Rice, Wheat Gluten, Sugar, Salt, Vegetable Oil

(Rapeseed), Soya Flour, Dough Acidifier, Wheat

Fibre, Preservative (E282 Calcium Propionate),

Emulsifiers (E471 Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty

Acids, E472e Mono- and Diacetyltartaric Acid

Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids),

Acidity Regulator (E334 Tartaric Acid), Flour

Treatment Agent (E300 Ascorbic Acid).

Pork Sausage Patty

Pork (97%), Salt, Dextrose, Herb and Herb Extract,

Glucose Syrup, Spice, Yeast Extract.

Egg

Free Range Egg. UK-sourced free-range egg

produced to Lion Quality standards.

Cheddar Cheese Slice (processed)

Vegetarian Cheddar Cheese (55%), Water, Butter,

Whey Powder, Milk Proteins, Natural Cheese

Flavouring, Emulsifying Salts (E331 Trisodium

Citrate, E450 Diphosphates, E452

Polyphosphates), Salt, Preservative (E200 Sorbic

Acid), Colour (E160a Natural Carotenes, E160c

Paprika Extract).

Butter

Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed), Water, Butter Oil,

Buttermilk Powder, Salt (0.6%), Emulsifiers (E471

Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, E472c

Citric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of

Fatty Acids, E481 Sodium Stearoyl-2-lact

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.seefred.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/pag...ffintoaster.htm

I think they have this on Amazon as well-- was having trouble seeing the links people were providing for some reason, so this may be the same thing that's been linked.

I usually use Jimmy Dean sausage patties. Don't know if those are available not in the US though. >_<

Any kind of small sausage patty will work, but this particular machine really only works with pre-cooked and frozen patties. It doesn't really heat up enough to cook uncooked sausage (at least mine doesn't) but it does get everything all ready and hot for you all at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.seefred.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/pag...ffintoaster.htm

I think they have this on Amazon as well-- was having trouble seeing the links people were providing for some reason, so this may be the same thing that's been linked.

I usually use Jimmy Dean sausage patties. Don't know if those are available not in the US though. >_<

Any kind of small sausage patty will work, but this particular machine really only works with pre-cooked and frozen patties. It doesn't really heat up enough to cook uncooked sausage (at least mine doesn't) but it does get everything all ready and hot for you all at the same time.

They are available in the UK from amazon, and my wife just bought me one. I've made my own sausage patties by using a lakeland hamburger press and some sainsbury's lincolshire sausages, and pre-cooked them on a george foreman grill.

I did my first "all on the machine" one this morning, reheating a cooked sausage, toasting, and poaching an egg and the results were perfect.

It's really good, though there's a small design flaw in that for something ostensibly designed to toast english muffins, the toaster section doesn't pop up far enough to get a muffin out, mean you have to fish them out with a knife or fork.