IGNORED

Timesplitters Future Perfect

BitterToad

the title sounds like a preemptive strike against Perfect Dark. which one is more perfect?

TS2 had some stellar moments, like the early Dam level and the Western levels were hilarious. at the time of playing it, i thought it was better than Halo overall. slightly worse singleplayer, but much better multiplayer, challenges included.

with only one pad, Halo's multiplayer was inaccessible and worthless.

I never could do that Shotgun/ducks/hospital stage in TS2!

Some of the challenges were silly-hard. But they were so short and throw-away that it didn't get as annoying as it could have (say hello, CoD2 Veteran mode).

I enjoyed TS3 as well, that was untill of course I went online with it. When it worked, it was fantastic (another o/ for Mexican Mission...the music :)) but the online part was unstable as fuck. Think i played with Ben 81 and Paulando for the first few days after its release, it was well annoying. :(

People kept getting kicked out constantly, when playing a custom map you could not change it without quitting and reinviting everyone back in, people couldnt join in matches urghhhh. It was like the issues with Burnout 3 but worse. >_<;;

Shame though, as when it worked it was a joy of a game for me, but the above problems ruined any love that i had for the game fast. Although out of interest...have they managed to patch all the above yet?

I think the real reason I disliked ts3 so much is that I was playing it with halo controls. I played ts2 with goldeneye controls.

Funnily enough in this months retro gamer magazine they said perfect dark and goldeneye where different to other first person shooters becuase for the first time you controled your the hand rather than the screen with a gun attached to it, I think they have point there. It also ties in with what doak said about GE first of all being virtua cop but controlled with the gun controlled with the analogue stick (in the early stages of development)

I enjoyed TS3 as well, that was untill of course I went online with it.  When it worked, it was fantastic (another o/ for Mexican Mission...the music :)) but the online part was unstable as fuck.  Think i played with Ben 81 and Paulando for the first few days after its release, it was well annoying. :(

People kept getting kicked out constantly, when playing a custom map you could not change it without quitting and reinviting everyone back in, people couldnt join in matches urghhhh.  It was like the issues with Burnout 3 but worse. >_<;;

Shame though, as when it worked it was a joy of a game for me, but the above problems ruined any love that i had for the game fast.  Although out of interest...have they managed to patch all the above yet?

The servers were horrendous at first, pretty much unplayable. Last time I played they were much more stable (i.e. you weren't getting booted out of games every 2 minutes) but it's still a little laggy, far better than it was. There's stuff like clan support included too - Details

There's probably no-one left playing it now post-360. I still play it occasionally with mates on offline multiplayer where it shines, especially using the custom created maps from Goldeneye.

I enjoyed TS3 as well, that was untill of course I went online with it.  When it worked, it was fantastic (another o/ for Mexican Mission...the music :)) but the online part was unstable as fuck.  Think i played with Ben 81 and Paulando for the first few days after its release, it was well annoying. :(

Oh aye, I remember that well! Lots of fun when it worked, but the online part was essentially fucked and I ended up 10-daying it.

There's probably no-one left playing it now post-360.

Certainly not on the 360, as it's not compatible - as I discovered after upgrading. Ah, well. I think I preferred 2 overall, certainly in the campaign mode, but 3 was okay. The amount of extras certainly puts PD0 to shame - the bot lineup alone is enough to do that - and it's the Timesplitters series that really carries the Goldeneye heritage, IMO.

What really pisses me off when someone brings up TSFP is the amount of people that rant on how 'dire' this game is. It's not even close to being rubbish. Yes I can see how some might not like it but get some fucking perspective for fucks sake.

o/\o

The voice of reason

What really pisses me off when someone brings up TSFP is the amount of people that rant on how 'dire' this game is. It's not even close to being rubbish. Yes I can see how some might not like it but get some fucking perspective for fucks sake.

I really enjoyed the single player aspect of the game - especially all the future/present overlapping. The cut scene animation is also fantastically produced. Maybe it's just me, but I like shooting stuff with a 70s sidekick.