Aliens: Special Edition

choddo

See, now if they had been the creatures scuttling around in Prometheus I might have sympathised a little with that idiot bio-scientist. Evil looking space snakes I wouldn't go near, but that cute, tiny, angry facehugger? Well, the little feller just needs a hug! 

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Why would somebody make a sequel to Carnosaur?!

To make money? ;-)

From Wikipedia:

"Along with American Graffiti, Carnosaur has one of the highest percentage return on imvestments of all time. Made for a budget of less than $200, Carnosaur netted over $40,000 in sales"

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This is "the best film". I easily watch it every year and never tire of how lean and efficient it is. Most recent viewing made me appreciate how it introduces Burke and establishes Ripley's state of mind through an almost immediate dream sequence that doesn't feel as trite as they usually do.

Yes Aliens and the original Terminator film are peak Cameron in my opinion.  I think like George Lucas he produced his best work while on a reasonably tight budget.

Once they found success and budget constraints were lifted then the bloat starts to set in.  T2 for example is a wonderful film, but nowhere near as lean and efficient as the original Terminator, where not a single scene in the entire film is unnecessary.  

Then by the time you get to Titanic and even more so Avatar the over indulgence is plain as the nose on your face, and the films suffer for it.  Sometimes less really can be more.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Harsin said:

Anyone want an official Nerf Pulse Rifle?

https://uk.hasbropulse.com/products/nerf-lmtd-aliens-m41-a-blaster

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

In case anyone is seriously considering this - and why wouldn’t you, my son just bought an almost identical Fotnite one and apart from being dead on arrival looks like it’ll jam every other bullet and leave you with nothing but harsh language to protect yourself. 

Does it come with 10 millimeter explosive-tip caseless, or do you need to buy desperately? Shouldn’t be too hard to find, they are a standard light armor-piercing round after all.