Fight Night Round 3 Demo

Links

I discovered using the face buttons is actually quite useful last night - X & Y do jabs, A & B do hooks. You still have to do the haymakers (uppercuts) with the right stick though.

You can do regular uppercuts with A+X/B+Y, but actual haymakers (as demonstrated in the video just up the thread there) still require the stick. There's actually two types of haymakers, too - right-down-up for the hook-type one, and down-left a bit-then circle all the way up for an uppercut-type haymaker (reversed for left-handed punches, obviously).

Once you get the hang of it, you can get knockdowns ridiculously easily with Hopkins in the demo. I've managed to completely KO Jones Jr. in the first round a few times :(. They're dead easy to counter, though, so they shouldn't get too out of control in multiplayer.

I just hope that the Live service is more than just two people. I want to hear spectators, man! Oh, and if ever Gotham TV needed to be introduced into a game, this is it.

Absolutely. This feature should be introduced on all sport titles as standard.

This could be an amazing Live game, but the one thing which concerns me is that I'm guessing it's a lot easier to play using the buttons rather than Total Punch Control (it's got to be quicker, surely?). I hope you'll be able to specify TPC controls in matchmaking or something, because for me that's what makes the game so enjoyable - but it won't be so much fun if it means getting your arse kicked every time you step in the ring.

Wow, this is reallyviolent. A deady ballet of sweaty pugilists, with HDR lighting. Quite how this is only a 12 I will never know. I might actually get this, it combines my two favourite activities - watching people get punched in the mouth and sitting on the sofa.

It's one of the few games where I would actually watch the someone else play a la Gotham TV. One of my most wanted games at the moment.

This could be an amazing Live game, but the one thing which concerns me is that I'm guessing it's a lot easier to play using the buttons rather than Total Punch Control (it's got to be quicker, surely?).  I hope you'll be able to specify TPC controls in matchmaking or something, because for me that's what makes the game so enjoyable - but it won't be so much fun if it means getting your arse kicked every time you step in the ring.

I'll take on anyone using buttons with TPC anytime, no haymakers with button presses....

Seriously, I reckon I can take the lot of you.

All at once

I simply cannot "weight" for this game to come out

Thinking about it, this could be a great way to settle forum disputes. UKBuckaroo Vs. Cacky, Sprite Machine Vs. Cacky, Edge Vs. Cacky, The People Vs. Cacky for example.

And the trash talk - Imagine, every line uttered by Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, Rocky Balboa and Ivan Drago all mixed together in a big pot of randomness.

Actually we will have to sort out a league ladder, where peopel can challenge people two places above them etc, and have an ongoing RLLMUK champion.

Actually we will have to sort out a league ladder, where peopel can challenge people two places above them etc, and have an ongoing RLLMUK champion.

If this is something people would be interested in then I may try to put something together. I'll start a thread in Online.

Another hit for marketplace because I would never have considered this one without seeing it first.

I have to agree with this, I'd never have really even considered buying it if I hadn't played the demo, and there is no way I'm paying six quid for a shitty 360 mag just to get some demos.

Live Marketplace is the tits.