IGNORED

Fight Night Round 3 Demo

Links

I've always loved boxing games, but EA name put me off FN. I think it was Victorious Boxing that had me hooked (Playstation)

I loved the player management and story mode, and the knockouts were extremley satisfying (hyper realistic, over the top dives adding to the over impact)

I loved it. I'm cant wait for FN03, i hope theres a similar managment story mode in there. From low ranked boxer to superstar

Fight Night Round 2 on the Xbox is still fucking brilliant!

I think the fact that the USA version has Live.. and ours doesn't ;) killed it for many.

True - But then it is absolutely class in two player.

Picking a heavey weight vs a featherweight, the feather weight landing about 200 punches, and then the heavyweight blatting the featherweight with a single haymaker is one of the funniest sights in gaming.

So the 360 version is live compatible then?!

Every 360 game has to have a live aspect to it - but that doesn't necessarily mean multiplayer.

Hopefully Europe will get online play this time round - Can you just imagine the Rocky style chat when you play.

My god it will be brilliant.

Some details from CES regarding the full game:-

After the Gates/Ballmer bout, we got a chance to sit down with a Fight Night Round 3 producer to talk a bit more about the game and how it's been coming along since our last look. We were especially curious to find out more about some of the particulars in the game, such as details about the beefed-up career mode and various boxing styles that will make their way into the game. Styles make fights after all, and when it comes to styles in the ring in Fight Night 3, you'll want to play not only to your offensive strengths but to your defensive ones as well. The style of blocking you choose for your boxer, for example, will have a big effect on how and how well you go about defending yourself in the ring. A basic cross-block, which has the boxer's arms held horizontally across his chest, is great when blocking punches high and low but suffers when it comes to using the directional parries that leave your opponent open to vicious counterpunches. In short, with a cross-block, you can defend yourself more effectively, but the opportunities for effective counterattacks will be fewer and farther between. The Philly Shell defensive style, on the other hand, is the opposite--great for parrying blows but weak when it comes to the up-and-down blocks. In the end, though, it will be up to you to decide which style you wish to use and how well you execute it.

Another key element of Fight Night 3 will be its career mode, which will find you at the far end of a very long road to championship gold. Unlike in Fight Night Round 2, however, you won't simply be fighting nameless and faceless opponents on your way to the top. Instead, the team at EA Chicago is striving to infuse Round 3 with the type of drama, passion, and intrigue that fuels the sport of boxing. Rivalries will build and dissipate throughout your quest for the belt, opponents will come and go, and old enemies might come back to haunt you later in your career. As reported in a previous preview, we know that some of these dynamic relationships will unfold through cutscenes that show off press conferences (which erupt into chaos when a prebout brawl breaks out). What we didn't know until today was that these events will have tangible effects on the fight they precede. If you get socked in the eye during a prefight melee, for example, you might find that your eye is vulnerable in the fight itself.

Finally, instead of merely having you create a superpowered boxer and take him online immediately, Fight Night Round 3 is being designed to give you incentive to play through the single-player game to enhance your online game. Beat Muhammad Ali in the single-player career mode, for example, and you'll unlock some of Ali's signature punches or his rope-a-dope offensive style. Only by completing this portion of the game will these styles be available to you, giving you a leg up against an online opponent who wasn't man enough to take on "The Greatest."

The career mode sounds like something from the Smackdown games which should make it entertaining at least (although I'd prefer a more serious management style). Online multiplayer too ;)

I've not played a Fight Night before, don't particuarly enjoy boxing, but downloaded the demo and am now considering buying the final game.

At the moment I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with the right stick. I've worked out straight jabs and uppercuts and stuff, more or less, but I'm having trouble throwing quick punches. It just seems like I should be able to do quicker jabs.

I've not played a Fight Night before, don't particuarly enjoy boxing, but downloaded the demo and am now considering buying the final game.

At the moment I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with the right stick. I've worked out straight jabs and uppercuts and stuff, more or less, but I'm having trouble throwing quick punches. It just seems like I should be able to do quicker jabs.

Throw to many punches and you guys will become tired, you can only throw about 5 before your 'stamina' (which you cant see in this iteration of the game lol) will be empty. Your punches will be really slow in ths state. If you wait about 30 seconds, you 'stamina' will be maxed again. However, if you keep throwing punches when your stamina is drained, you will reduce you 'max' stamina, meaning it wont fully recharge.

I discovered using the face buttons is actually quite useful last night - X & Y do jabs, A & B do hooks. You still have to do the haymakers (uppercuts) with the right stick though.

Oh and UP on the dpad makes you grab your opponent for a hug - useful if you've just been hit into the 'muffled' sound effect :P

Every 360 game has to have a live aspect to it - but that doesn't necessarily mean multiplayer.

Really! Never knew that :unsure:

Hopefully Europe will get online play this time round - Can you just imagine the Rocky style chat when you play.

My god it will be brilliant.

Surely ALL European games will now be live, if they are elsewhere? Or are MS/EA going to screw people again?

I like the lack of HUD generally, however I feel it restricts me in some ways. I can't tell any longer how my stamina gague is doing and that pisses me off! :( I mean, you can tell when your guy is exhausted, but its hard to tell when, after throwing a few punches, that you're ready to flurry again.

btw, has anyone seen the awesome first-person view you sometimes get? It even comes up in 2 player, it's spookily real looking.

Very impressed with the look of this game.  Of course the missus didn't see that looked any different from any other xbox/ps2/gamecube game. Sigh.

<Napole0n@Boutros'>Ah, but that's because they're different species. Just like we can't tell one pair of her shoes from another.</Napole0n@Boutros'>

• 2 weeks later...

Come on then.. who ups for some?!?!?! :) the Live element of this should be quite funny (with friends). Quite looking forward to this game - cained the demo to buggery.

The demo must be on the starting level/speed as other vids I've seen have the fighters slugging it out like no tomorrow. Impressed.

Just had a quick blast at the demo and just noticed something pretty damn cool for the first time!

I landed a haymaker on Jones Jr. which made him wobbly and suchlike, however the camera then panned around the ring until it was from Jones Jr.'s perspective! You could see him holding his gloves up and the sweat flying off gloves as i tried spanking him down...has Anyone else had this?

First Person Boxing ahoy!