Fight Night Round 3 Demo

Links

Well it really does look amazing, and I was always a fan of the Fight Night games.

The slow mo ripple of the face truly is amazing though, you can still see some glitches though which I hope are sorted upon release. Things like floored fighters feet disapearing through the canvas etc.

However this is simply a graphical update, the controls and fighting is absolutely identical.

If they can add live play and at least some updates to the career mode then this might just scrape its way into making it a worthy purchase.

I love the way that these demo downloads are really getting peoples attention. Normally I wouldn't give a shit but the fact that I can go home, download and make my own mind up suddenly makes Fight Night Round 3 so much more interesting.

Very clever stuff by MS I say. Can you imagine the clamour the day the Halo 3 demo is downloadable.

The models look NOTHING like the Tiger Woods or FIFA 06 ones.

this is a game to look out for!

how far off is it?

They look very like the models in the NBA download EA have on the market place though. If what you say is correct it would seem EA have two different teams working on character models. The ones in Fightnight and NBA are amazing.

Isn't it Winter 2006 until march 21st?

What an excellent point that is.

best looking game yet.

Unbelivable. From EA no less

First EA gfame im buying since FIFA 98. Holy shit that was impressive stuff

To be fair, Fight Night is one of the better sports franchises they have - Rounds 1 & 2 were ace

Isn't it Winter 2006 until march 21st?

What an excellent point that is.

best looking game yet.

Unbelivable. From EA no less

First EA gfame im buying since FIFA 98. Holy shit that was impressive stuff

To be fair, Fight Night is one of the better sports franchises they have - Rounds 1 & 2 were ace

its rock-em-sock-em-robots i tell you!

Lol, thats what I thought.

Might look nice, but I'm not sure about the dodgy jumpy stiff animation tho and that exact same sliver of blood that shoots out his mouth at every knock down. Then again I've only seen the video so I'll reserve full judgement till I play it.

Sounds good, it seems a download is in order tonight :D

This downloadable demo-stuff is definitely the best thing since ehm... Geometry Wars.

MGRtraining.gif

It's a brilliant way of helping you to decide what game to purchase next, which is a very important factor now, more so than with previous consoles, due to the prices of 360 games.

Shall be leaving my 360 on to download this tomorow while I'm at college, looks magnifique.

I can't say I am blown away by Fight Night Round 3. There's certainly depth to the gameplay but it didn't instantly 'hook' me.  :D

Overall it's not as good visually as the rather stunning looking EA NBA game.

I agree the NBA game does look lovely. But I think these faces are more realistic, also in the NBA game they do seem to move like they are skating on the court.

But yeah, they are probably the two most graphically stunning games on the console.

I love the full VR bit about the tranining in the NBA game.

I agree the NBA game does look lovely.  But I think these faces are more realistic, also in the NBA game they do seem to move like they are skating on the court.

But yeah, they are probably the two most graphically stunning games on the console.

I love the full VR bit about the tranining in the NBA game.

The VR training bit in the NBA game and indoor kick around in FIFA are great ideas so that new players can familiarise themselves with the controls. I certainly didn't get to grips with the controls with Fight Night Round 3 in the demo. But at least you get more than one round to try.

The VR training bit in the NBA game and indoor kick around in FIFA are great ideas so that new players can familiarise themselves with the controls. I certainly didn't get to grips with the controls with Fight Night Round 3 in the demo. But at least you get more than one round to try.

Its exactlly the same as all the others.

If you havent played one before make sure you use the right stick for punches and not the buttons.

Its very intuitive as to what to do, think of the stick as his arm. Disganol is jab, a quarter circle hook, bottom diagnol followed by a half circle uppercut.

Okay after a bit of playing it... it looks shit hot, although when the graphics in general look this good little things which I would normally let go jarr with me. i.e. some clipping issues, feet going though canvas, weird rag doll KOs, blood and spittle coming out of the cheek instead of the mouth in slow mo replays, dodgy camera and editing in replays.

So, yes, it looks stunning but its not perfect! (But when you have to pick holes like that, you know it looks pretty special) Regardless of the graphics, the game felt quite shallow to me. There didnt seem to be any real depth to the fights, just get up and whack him untill he hits the canvas (Or is that what boxing is anyway) I was really looking forward to doctering my face with cotton swabs etc between rounds too, but you cant do that in the demo.

gutted.

Its exactlly the same as all the others.

If you havent played one before make sure you use the right stick for punches and not the buttons.

Its very intuitive as to what to do, think of the stick as his arm.  Disganol is jab, a quarter circle hook, bottom diagnol followed by a half circle uppercut.

I have never played a Fight Night game before. My last boxing game was probably Ready To Rumble on the Dreamcast. Fight Night certainly could have done with a tutorial or a 'punchbag' for a noob like me. Thanks for the advice.