IGNORED

Fight Night Round 3 Demo

Links

Does no one read the marketplace thread? :(

Anyway, I'm quite impressed. Can't really comment on the gameplay and controls since I have no experiance of the series or boxing games in general.

The visuals though are impressive, if obviously unfinished. Character models are stupidly detailed but a bit too shiny ala FIFA/PD0 - although it's more appropriate for sweaty boxers I guess.

The animation defiantely needs work. The individual movements themselves are fine, but they jerk from one to another often, which takes away from the otherwise super realistic visuals. Also the facial animation is seems nonexistant - I wanna see some pain!.

Lovely particle and slow-mo effects when it zooms in and blood comes spurting out of your opponents mouth. :unsure:

Okay first impressions, graphically its :unsure: , I mean it really blew me away. The little touches are really nice - the individual hairs on the fighters bodies, the way they breathe noticably heavier after a few knockdowns.

Gameplay wise it doesn't seem too dissimilar to Round 2, it seemed to play a bit slower, although my block button didn't seem to work very well if at all.

Commentary as always was superb, background effects were pretty non-existant as its set in the training gym - be interesting to see what its like once you get up to the big event fights.

Very impressed.

Useless in the first one (buttons ahoy!), essential in the second one (sticks ahoy!)...

Nope useless in the second section. The controls were good but when you parried a punch your opponent would be left standing with his arms at his side unable to move for several seconds, allowing you to unload.

It meant that the only decent tactic in one player was to counter punch after parrying. It forced you to fight in a certain style. In the first game counter punching relied much more on good timing after a block and gave you more freedom to fight as you wanted.

although my block button didn't seem to work very well if at all.

I found that myself, i don't know if you have to press a direction or something as you block but my guy never seemed to raise his arms to take the hit or anything.

Very impressive looking game though, the demo says it'll be released in "Winter 2006" but most online sellers are saying it's available in March.

I found that myself, i don't know if you have to press a direction or something as you block but my guy never seemed to raise his arms to take the hit or anything.

Very impressive looking game though, the demo says it'll be released in "Winter 2006" but most online sellers are saying it's available in March.

You know you've got to hold the right trigger and move the right thumbstick to block, right? Try quickly circling the thumbstick around... :)

Gotta say I'm well impressed with visuals. It's a bit glitchy when a player gets knocked out and the physics kick in, but other than that it's great.

Also, it's fantastic that they can mention a game during a keynote and have the demo available to download the very next day. Hmm... Halo 3...

Really looking forward to this one.

Played Round 2 to death, even became middle-weight champion (or was it light-weight) by exploiting the ridiculously powerful haymaker too much.

The haymakers in FNR2 are like the powershots in Top Spin. They totally imbalance the game and degrade it to a one-trick-pony.

It kind of ruined an otherwise excellent game.

I hope they fixed it in round 3.

"3 maal is scheepsrecht".

How big is it anyway?

I find the marketplace downloads to go exceptionally slow.

486 Mb. Took about an hour for me on my 2mb line (not soo fast then).

Not sure if the quit and restart thing which makes downloads jump to 50% actually speeds it up, but it's worth a shot I guess.

The effect, not the overall Graph Licks you big girls

I agree that the effect detracts from the look. Stops the games looking jaw dropping. Can't wait to DL this when I get home. I may never have to buy a game again with all these demos to download.

The effect, not the overall Graph Licks you big girls

Well, i agree with the effect being in general too much. But here we have sweaty fighters, all shaved, under strong lighting... They should be glowing like light bulbs.

Although it's true the same cannot be said when they are in a dirty gym... But either way, it doesn't stop the visuals from being jaw dropping. Come on guys, these are -unreal- graphics. How cynical have we become?

"Makes fluffy noises and flies on to the sunset"

its downloading now, it seems to be going quite fast on my 2 mb bt line. I satrted it downloading, went to get some coffee and when I got back it was on 27% I cant have been gone for more than 5 minutes. Anyway, i'm pretty psyched abot it really, the way i guage graphics in a game is if someone who doesnt play games walks in and says "wow, that looks good" as opposed to someone who plays them alot and says "WOW, look at the pixel shading"