Sign in to follow this  
Flams

Hack Hack Hack

I use my flashlight if I'm wandering around close quarters with an awp sometiems, you can see the centre of it a little to assist aiming.

You know that other people can see your flash beam too, right? It's like running around with a giant "I'M HERE!" sign in front of you.

Fuck that pen-mark-on-the-screen shit. I had that idea about six months ago but decided against it because it's only a game, and I don't want pen marks on my lovely LCD.

I'm actually better at close- to medium-range with a scout than I am at long-range. No idea why, but it sometimes feels as if my bullets just disappear after a certain distance, as I can be aiming right at someone,but nothing hits them.

It's not fair :lol:

I saw an idea on a BF2 website yesterday, about sniping. if you have a weird hand that jogs the mouse slightly when you press fire with mouse button 1 (or you're in a tense situation), you could miss a headshot quite a bit. what they suggested was making an alternative fire button on the keyboard, say Enter, so when you line up a shot let go of the mouse and press Enter, and you won't be jogged.

I think it might not work with the faster pace of CS but give it a try, yo.

Fuck that pen-mark-on-the-screen shit. I had that idea about six months ago but decided against it because it's only a game, and I don't want pen marks on my lovely LCD.

just stick some bluetac on it innit

Heh, I spend most of my time thinking about how a two monitor display setup really knackers FPSs cos the scope would be either side of the join...

Heh, I spend most of my time thinking about how a two monitor display setup really knackers FPSs cos the scope would be either side of the join...

i stick to one monitor because i think i'd have to physically turn my head if i used both at once

I think the ACTUAL issue was this kind of cheat was people scoping and firing almost simultaneously. As a person on that sight pointed out, the awp isn't actually very accurate unscoped anyway, it doesn't always hit the centre of the screen, trust me I've tested :P . However lining up someone in the middle of the screen, scoping and firing right after used to work with this trick. Now however you can't scope then fire so rapidly 'cos of the last update, so this kinda sucks.

All you awp whores do realise you also have a pistol that you can use at short range instead of your flange cannon?

That's the ultimate beauty of the awp though, one-shot kill at any range (unless you shoot them in the lower leg of course). Pistols require Headshots, and even that's not enough with a glock.

I use the power of my mind to frighten opponents into killing themselves and each other. The technique was demonstrated on Derren Brown last night.

That's the true pro method.

True. The glock is Amazing at close combat. Very accurate. Left, bang, right, bang.

Compared to what exactly? Maybe if you're looking at comparisons with knives... the glock HS doesn't even kill, the burst fire is pretty bad, you're unlikely to kill with one burst and they'll certainly shoot you down between bursts.

Admittedly I do prefer the glock to the USP simply 'cos the latter seems to hate me. I wouldn't call the glock "amazing" at close combat though...

Nah, fuck dat.

The glock is fucking aces high. As long as you're good, aim for a glock spurt to the FACE and it's all over. Speshly if you wait round a corner, and before they even have time to say "Oh shit, DUSTY FTW!" you've glocked their face off!

BOSH