rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

The Shield

Indeed

Ep 10 spoilers and specluation:

It's possible, with Lem jumping bail, that Kavanagh's case will be given longer to run (or maybe this will be considered enough to keep it open for further investigation).

I've a feeling everything will come to a head in a sense, but then all kinds of shit will happen in the last 5-10 mins of the episode.

I really hope Lem doesnt die. I mean, remember what happened when they shipped Gilroy off to Mexico? I dont see how Lem will be able to come back if he breaks his bail. Surely he'd be in a shit load of trouble for that?

Good news that it's still got more to come though.

Roll on Tuesday :lol:

Best episode ever, the final 15 minutes were incredible. I'm not even sure if I was still breathing.

DAMN, I just cannot believe how good this season is. It's rewritten every rule and redefined every benchmark. Quite frankly it is the finest series of TV ever, and if it doesn't clean up at every award show, then something is clearly wrong with the world.

Jesus fucking Christ!

My hands are still shaking, and my eyes are full of tears :) That was absolutely incredible.

Ep 11:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. They did it. I knew it was going to happen, it was the obvious conclusion. Inevitable. But still. I'm so sad. No more Lem. Shane's an absolutely heartless cunt. Kavanagh has to die now though, there's far too much heat between him and Vic. There's no way Kav will get through this now.

I'm not too pleased about what's happening with Dutch's character at the moment, he's always been more dorky than sleazy, but this whole angle with the latino chick isn't working for me, and it just doesnt gel with his character at all. I hope she gets written out soon.

Still, what the hell? I dont know what's going to happen now. No more Lem. The Strike team is obviously goign to implode. Shane didn't cover his tracks very well, and his prints will be all over the place - his car tracks too (though they may not be usable).

:(

When's it back on now? The wait is going to feel a million times longer.

Jesus fucking Christ!

My hands are still shaking, and my eyes are full of tears :lol: That was absolutely incredible.

Ep 11:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. They did it. I knew it was going to happen, it was the obvious conclusion. Inevitable. But still. I'm so sad. No more Lem. Shane's an absolutely heartless cunt. Kavanagh has to die now though, there's far too much heat between him and Vic. There's no way Kav will get through this now.

I'm not too pleased about what's happening with Dutch's character at the moment, he's always been more dorky than sleazy, but this whole angle with the latino chick isn't working for me, and it just doesnt gel with his character at all. I hope she gets written out soon.

Still, what the hell? I dont know what's going to happen now. No more Lem. The Strike team is obviously goign to implode. Shane didn't cover his tracks very well, and his prints will be all over the place - his car tracks too (though they may not be usable).

:wub:

Fucking Hell

Shane did it then, he's always been a loose cannon mind. With you on Kav, I wanted to kick his ass when he was asking if Vic was happy.

Again - Fucking Hell

Just to reiterate. Holy shit.

As soon as Shane said he was getting him some food you just knew from his face what was about to go down. But I was expecting a gun in a brown bag surprise. Then when you see the subtle but noticable drop and my eyes just opened up. KABOOM!

I would have expected Vic to just floor Kavanaugh at the end there though, rather than just that halt hearted scrum.

Saddest scene I've watched in a long time; a horrible way for Lem to go and now Shane has lost any appeal - a selfish, betraying cunt. Which equals brilliant TV.

Really, Ronnie's the only one I can see getting away with something minor now; he's easily the most 'innocent' (I use the term loosely), not knowing about either murder, although something hefty could be thrown his way in regards to the Armenian hit.

Shame we've got to wait so long for the rest, but man alive was that the best series ever.

What's great about THAT scene is how it starts off feeling relatively harmless, then it slowly but surely starts to dawn on you just what Shane's up to. Horrible way to go out..

Unquestionably the best thing coming outta TV land right now

I haven't downloaded all of the last ep yet, but couldn't help myself from reading some of the spoilers... ;)

Anyway, the fact is that at the end of the day, Kav is the 'good' version of Vic. we are, after all, rooting for teh bad guy here, and whilst Kav's techniques are just as bad as Vic's, he does deserve to 'win'.

One thing I didn't like about Kav in particular during that epsiode...

The way he was acting with Karin at the beginning of the episode was just horribly creepy. I know he wanted to get back at Vic for screwing his ex, but Karin was blatantly not comfortable with him being there. And with the kids around he was just being well out of order.

When's it back on then?

Even though I could see it happening, I couldn't believe Shane did it like that.

Upset me a bit, just felt gutted for Lem, I even had some more "Shield dreams" (basically just dreaming about being a 5th strike team ember) again

"I even had some more "Shield dreams" (basically just dreaming about being a 5th strike team ember) again"

With your Alan Partridge avatar that is just a fantastic image you made me have.

(You cant seem to have quotes inside spoilers)

Wow.

You could see it coming, but there was a part of me that thought that Shane wouldn't go ahead with it. I don't think I'll see him in the same way again. Yeah, it's taken me two dead cops (and that other team mate he put in hospital) to realise he's a really nasty piece of work. He'll go to pieces I reckon, and Vic must have some idea he did it.

Kav was a real insensitive prick at the end, and I thought the rest of officers would of punched him in the gut for saying what he did. Lem had more than a few friends on the job I'm sure. -angry smiley-

Until the next season then...

Wow.

You could see it coming, but there was a part of me that thought that Shane wouldn't go ahead with it. I don't think I'll see him in the same way again. Yeah, it's taken me two dead cops (and that other team mate he put in hospital) to realise he's a really nasty piece of work. He'll go to pieces I reckon, and Vic must have some idea he did it.

Kav was a real insensitive prick at the end, and I thought the rest of officers would of punched him in the gut for saying what he did. Lem had more than a few friends on the job I'm sure. -angry smiley-

Until the next season then...

yes, kav was insensitive, but I can see where he's coming from - after all, shane did it for his own selfish reasons, but it covers everyone.

shane's days are numbered, really. I can see Vic killing him without a second thought, especially considering how much shit he brought on himself and the team during series 4...

just how they're going to stretch the destruction of the strike team over 11 episodes remains to be seen, though. Rooting for Kav though - he might be a cunt, but so have vic and pals all this time, and we just go along with it because they're the stars of the show... hmmmm....

don't like what they've done to Dutch's character either!

I don't go along with Vic and the team because they're the leads of the show; I want them to get off because, even though they're clearly villains, they have a moral code (even Shane, though clearly he's a twisted, psychopathic beast with it and takes it to the nth degree). And while Vic and the team have done awful things, they've also improved their community and made their actions as law enforcers work for their community.

On the other hand, Kavanaugh is guided only by his morality (or, more precisely, his view of right and wrong and his idea of getting the job done any way possible), yet can be just as filthy a piece of work as the Strike Team; he was happy to serve Lem up an effective death sentence, all the while having the bare faced audacity to go to his house, and attempt to make peace with him, all to get a few cops in prison. Two wrongs don't make a right. And slightly jarring how he can manage that but still send his (ex-)wife away, charged with a crime she could have easily been let off about, yet lay in bed with a convicted drug pusher / murderer / fuck knows what else. Sure, he's compelled to get the job done, but trying to give him a deal is like letting someone off for raping a baby by getting him to shop a man who stole a pack of biscuits.

yes, kav was insensitive, but I can see where he's coming from - after all, shane did it for his own selfish reasons, but it covers everyone.

shane's days are numbered, really. I can see Vic killing him without a second thought, especially considering how much shit he brought on himself and the team during series 4...

just how they're going to stretch the destruction of the strike team over 11 episodes remains to be seen, though. Rooting for Kav though - he might be a cunt, but so have vic and pals all this time, and we just go along with it because they're the stars of the show... hmmmm....

don't like what they've done to Dutch's character either!

If there's one criticism of series 5, it must be that the other characters at the barn have really taken a back seat. I sometimes got the impression they're doing the usual police procedural B plot for no other reason than that they've got lots of actors on contracts to use. Thinking back across the season, I can think of only one Julian, and one Claudette episode where their characters evolved a little. And besides have a baby, and chew out a rookie, Danny was barely in it.

What a bastard, and a lol

The date and Polmons post should have given it away though

Jesus fucking Christ!

My hands are still shaking, and my eyes are full of tears :lol: That was absolutely incredible.

Ep 11:

:(

A great end to a great series. I cant wait for the next season.

Last I heard there is NO next series. Someone tell me I heard wrong, PLEASE.

EDIT, I clocked the date but didn't see the Polmon post. Hey ho, hopefully will be watching it tonight - now with added predictability!

Last I heard there is NO next series. Someone tell me I heard wrong, PLEASE.

EDIT, I clocked the date but didn't see the Polmon post. Hey ho, hopefully will be watching it tonight - now with added predictability!

I hope theres another series! This program us just too good.

Seen ep 11 now. I was shocked and appalled - the trailer voice at the end of ep 10 said it would be a feature lenght double episode and it was only 20 mins longer than normal.

Anyway. It was horrible. Even though I'd inadvertently read the spoilers for the episode it was still shocking and distressing.

The worst of it being that Lem didn't die immediately and actually summoned the strength to say "Shane!".

Thing is though, I don't hate Shane for it. I was expecting him to moider Lem in cold blood but he was clearly distressed about the whole thing. In fact it's the sort of thing Vic has been doing throughout the series - protect the team at all costs. Lem wasn't going to go the easy way, god knows why not.

What WAS cuntish was to pretend to Vic and Ronnie that Lem was still going to show at the rendezvous.

My god I wanted Vic to slug that Kavanagh fucker at the end.

I really hope there's another series.

From what I remember the voice over said it would be a 90 minute special. Which it was if you included the ad breaks.

Yeah it said "90 minute season finale".

There's blatantly going to be another series, this one ended in such a way that it would be unfair not to have another 11 episodes. However, what with everything that has happened, I don't think there can be another.

There has to be. The bit where Claudette said "I need my best detective on this" had me jizzing at the mouth. I want one last season of Claudette and Dutch vs Shane and Vic. To the death. Good cop vs bad cop or whatever. That's the cat choking, super sleuthing dutch. Not the wigga pimp yo.