rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

The Shield

That latest episode was a corker.

The ending was just bonkers. There's me thinking Vic and his team will be using his new found knowledge to get to Kav, but he catches them with their hands in the cookie jar. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Did I miss something, there was no mention of Claudette was there?

They did mention here very briefly. When Kav and Dutch first met in the Gents he asked how she was and Dutch says slowly recovering/getting better. That was about it though.

I hope Kavanagh dies soon, the weak one dimensional pussy, coming over like he's got his shit together when he's actually a complete psychological disaster.

I hope Kavanagh dies soon, the weak one dimensional pussy, coming over like he's got his shit together when he's actually a complete psychological disaster.

I loved it when he went apeshit all over Dutchboy at the mere mention of a psychological disorder. Now that the cards, or weaknesses, are on the table, sure the Strike Team will suffer in the short-term, but I can't see Kavanaugh holding it all together; especially 'if' Vic decides to twist the knife.

Ah it was great. When I say "die" I don't really mean it literally - just fall on his arse in a horrible way and the Strike Team yet again shoves it to the IAD.

This deal that's on the table should prove incredibly interesting, but it's not as if Antoine has any proof of these wrongdoings. Still, with the truth out the heat will at least be turned up a notch.

So how many ways does Kavanaugh have to get to Vic?

1. The killing of the IAD mole in season 1. They need Lem or Shane for this.

a) They found the heroine on Lem but I don't think they'll get the salvadorian girl to testify against the team.

B) Shane's wife did kill that black dude that was on the team.

2. Carin's money from the Armenian money train. Is that still the money marked by the feds or did they manage to get rid of that?

3. Does Antoine still have anything substantial on Shane? They got rid of that dead girls body right?

4. Dutch is working on another angle for the money train.

Did I miss anything?

hmmmm....spoiler tags don't seem to work. Sure I did them right.

It's actually quite interesting that we're rooting for the villians of the piece, and not the lonely, hated IAD chap with the crazy ex to look out for.

Antoine's return provided another angle for Kavanuagh, but wouldn't Vic have that particular base covered in some way already? Antoine's not going to do Vic any favours, so you'd think he was at least being kept an eye on somehow.

It's actually quite interesting that we're rooting for the villians of the piece, and not the lonely, hated IAD chap with the crazy ex to look out for.

We're rooting for justice. You should know by now there's no black or white, just different shades of grey :(

Pretty sure Mitchell still has the Shane's gun from season four, which could bring him down.

This season is insane, I just can't believe how good it is.

Nah, Antoine didn't take Shane's gun, but Shane still has it, and teh little girl still has his bullets in her (and Arnie's). Thing is, I thought that had been tied up mostly in season 4, as they had the tape showing Antoine blackmailing Shane, and he and Arnie had told the Captain everythign that had gone down.

Antoine doesnt have anything on Vic and the others though.

Kavanagh doesn't have much on Vic yet either. Arresting Lem shows him playing the only card he has, and that was just in desperation as there was nothing he could do about them finding out about his ex-wife.

It's gonna get rel interesting now tohugh, especially if Kavagh asks Antoine about Aceveda.

The audio in the Crimson one is fine (135kbp/s, Lame mp3), I think it was some other one that was dodgy last week.

Great episode though, things are starting to get real messy now...

The money they took is going to be really hard to cover up, they'll have to silence that kids step-dad to keep it from coming back to them, and even then, Vic's behaviour will look suspect to Claudette (though, in fairness, that's nothing unusual).

Glad to see Claudette back though, even if there was hardly any screentime given to her (and to Dutch, at least in their case).

I wonder which way Aceveda is going to swing now though? I dont think Kavanagh will be able to protect him from Vic is Vic goes down, so his best option looks to be working with Vic against Kavanagh.

More good shit this time though. I dont get why Lem's bail was so high though, it's not as if he's likely to do a runner, is it?

Yet another great episode.

I think Polmon is right. Aceveda looks like he will turn on Kavanaugh, but there are so many ways the writers could, and will, go.

I thought it was hilarious the way Dutch asked for the photos back as he needed them....for evidence.

Ep10 !

OMG! I can see where this is going now, and I hope to god Lem doesn't die. That would totally kill the show for me, even if it happens at the end of the series.

Lots of things moving on this episode too, looks like the mid-season shift you come to expect from 24. I'm pretty gutted the Wimms / Dutch combo is being broken up, but a new Captain has been overdue a while now.

Is this really the end of Kavanagh? Will Vic have shagged every female in the show by the end of the season?

I wonder what Kavanagh was planning to do at Karin's house? I doubt he's going to follow Vic's lead and try and shag her (there's no way she would screw him), maybe he's going to try and turn her against Vic even more by telling her everything he's done (even the unproven things)?

As usual though, a fantastic episode. Cant wait to see where it goes from here.

Is it confirmed that this season will be longer than the usual 13-15 episodes?

Ep10 - Oh dear, it's just so good - how is it all going to play out. Roll on next Week.

Oh and don't watch the next week teaser either.

Any info on this being the last series? It would seemingly fit well what with the story going back to the pilot episode.

Nope, next episode is the 90 minute season finale ;)

That's only sorta true. It's actually 'doing a South Park'. Series 5 will continue with the other 11 or so episodes in October. Making a full 22 episode series order and playing from March-December rather than the usual September-May. Still it's a long, long wait. At least Sops is back.

That's only sorta true. It's actually 'doing a South Park'. Series 5 will continue with the other 11 or so episodes in October. Making a full 22 episode series order and playing from March-December rather than the usual September-May. Still it's a long, long wait. At least Sops is back.

are you sure?

the words 'season finale' in the trailer for next week sound kind of, well, final, really...

FX are calling it the season finale for purposes of advertising I think. The creators have said that the next ep after next weeks will follow right on.

the thing is that everything's really coming to a head now, and some of it, dare I say it, feels a bit rushed. I'd be impressed if there was a continuation in a few months, but what would be left?!