rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

The Shield

I know double posting is frowned upon, bu I couldn't stop myself starting on S4 today, and ended up watching 6 episodes.

5 & 6 were just mental. Brilliant stuff. I'm pleased to see relations and events spiralling out of control again, it's what keeps the fire burning in the show, keeps things interesting.

Dutch and Vic facing off freaked me out though. I hope things dont get nasty on that side, for some reason, I just cant bear the idea of Dutch getting kciked in - he's such a big soft intellectual, it'd be like seeing a blackbelt kick in a baby.

RE: This Thread.

Bravo to all of ya, I decided to give S1 a download after reading the recommendations in here. I'm glad I did. I'm only a few episodes in and I think its great stuff.

At the end of the most recent episode there was a trailer for the next. It looked really, really good.

Russian mobsters. Fooling IAD sting. Head through a car window.

S5 Ep5

REALLY good episode. I really like how this whole thing is developing, Vic is one clever bastard. The only niggle I have is how most of the episode was shown from IADs perspective (although I understand that was necessary), and you didnt get much of that usual 'being part of the strike team' vibe you usually get.

Still, fucking great stuff. I wish I hadn't seen a bit of the next episode preview though. My mind is reeling already, and I'm clamouring for more now.

Hey there.

The latest episode was fucking fantastic.. It could have been an end of season episode..

I was watching and thinking.. "no, no.. vic you cant be this stupid... NO..."

I must be blind.. Because I never saw that coming.. This series has been so good.

Fuckin love this show.

Despin out.

That was one of the best episodes yet, just sodding amazing in every regard.

As Despin says, it could have been an end of season episode it was so good. I was about to die during that scene, my head was just spinning. I suspected that to happen, but not in the way it did. When the 'Go code' was given I actually yelped with fear!

This is shaping up to be the best series yet.

I want to watch it all now damnit!!

I watched S5 ep5 on Wednesday, right, then today I watched the lastest episode of Lost, and the stark contrast between the two was just incredible. It made me realise that the Lost writers are just pissing screen time away to lengthen the show. While The Shield remains gripping EVERY episode, for its whole 5 seasons. I've never seen anything this consistant before.

It's not all that surprising, if anyone has watched the making of ep 315 on the S3 DVDs, you can see and appreciate the amount of work that goes into a single episode.

I hate the previews at the end of the epsidoes though. I never expect them to be there, and I always catch the first few seconds before I manage to stop it. I'm seriously clamouring for next weeks episode now.

I can sympathise with your view re: Lost. I had both series' latest episodes to watch last night. I chose to watch The Shield first and just could not face Lost after it. I just knew it would be a tedious disappointment by comparison. I watched an episode of The Wire instead.

It was a truly fantastic episode of The Shield, the look on Kavanaugh’s face as he was standing there in the garage when it all went pear shaped on him was just awestruck incomprehension. No wonder we had a tantrum when he got his head round it.

So glad I found this board, where I talk to guys who appriciate great shows such as The Shield. I didn't see the twist coming, but I did think that the guy Vic shot was wearing a vest or something like that.

Kavanaugh just looked like a bubbling idiot, I kind of felt sorry for him......buuuut then I realised he was trying to take down Vic, so screw him, lol.

Next weeks epsiode looks great, but Kavanaugh looks like he's just gonna sprial out of control and go mad.

But where did you get the term from? Was it used in the latest epsiode, or something? I dont remember it.

Key passing is a torrent security feature, designed to make sure you aren't nicking your torrents.

Shield S5 is the best thing on telly. Towards the end of this ep I was all "oh man, they've ruined Kavanaugh, it's over. Then he went FUCKING INSANE and I was just proper screaming. The trailer for next weeks ep just made me fall off my chair, it looks like seriously good shit. Forrest Whittaker for every award going at the end of this season.

Key passing is a torrent security feature, designed to make sure you aren't nicking your torrents.

Shield S5 is the best thing on telly. Towards the end of this ep I was all "oh man, they've ruined Kavanaugh, it's over. Then he went FUCKING INSANE and I was just proper screaming. The trailer for next weeks ep just made me fall off my chair, it looks like seriously good shit. Forrest Whittaker for every award going at the end of this season.

Yeah, his tantrum was awe-inspiring, but the preview does suggest he'll pick himself up and TURN THE SCREWS OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Ahem.

Yeah, his tantrum was awe-inspiring, but the preview does suggest he'll pick himself up and TURN THE SCREWS OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Ahem.

Just that line from Shayne "Oh man, he's still going" absolutely cut me up. Doing that, right there in the farm. That's gotta make a mackey hellawhacky.

Shane is the best character on that show.

I can't believe how good S5 has started. Each season I always find the first few episodes of The Shield to be a bit dissapointing. Never quite capturing the previous season's final few episodes. But this has hit the ground running and hasn't let up. Episode 5 really had me on the edge of my seat. I thought Vic must of known what was going down, but I couldn't see how he planned to get himself out of the shit. Very well done.

I like Kavanaugh's character, and even feel a bit sorry for him; he is, as far as we know, the good guy after all. But I can't help feeling that FW is over acting a tad in this.

You have to keep reminding yourself that Vic did murder an innocent cop in S1E1. He's got to pay for that somewhere down the line, right?

I dont think Vic will end up going down, even if he does need to 'pay the price'. This isn't a childrens cartoon, things go the way the writers want it to, they dont have to make a moral example.

Just watched S5 episode 6:

Brilliant stuff, Kavanaught is pushing things a little too hard though, his attempts to push on Asaveda are obviously going to backfire.

I was quite surprised to see Karin sit through the intense Badgering too. I'm wondering what IAD will be able to make of the cash bung she recieved though. Surely if the remaining notes are not marked or anything (and we know they arent), then there's little they can do with it. Vic could easily claim they were cash savings, and the worst he would suffer is likely a little tax fraud for undeclared savings (though this is only a guess, I'm no master of US law).

Still though, things are really thundering along, and it does look like Vic's past transgressions are beginning to overflow. I dont quite understand why Dani buckled to Kavanaugh too, unless the baby is Vics's, there's no way anyone could prove any kind of relationship.

The show is still at the top of my all-time-greatest-TV-shows list though. Truly gripping stuff.

I'm running out of things to say about this show, in particular season 5. It's just raising the bar so high, nothing else comes close.

And God Damn - Forest Whiticker is acting his socks off. Every award for him, please.

I dont think Vic will end up going down, even if he does need to 'pay the price'. This isn't a childrens cartoon, things go the way the writers want it to, they dont have to make a moral example.

No, it's not a cartoon, but it still follows some basic conventions. Unless the case at the beginning of the episode ties in with the longer story, you can bet your left nut that the criminal will banged-up/knocked-off before the end of the show. And seeing as how the murder in episode one has underpinned the whole series in one way or another, I can't imagine it not costing Vic something by the end of it all. Oh, and Dutch needs to pay for that cat too! ;)

Speaking of which, anyone know for sure if this is going to be last series? And does it have 21 episodes?

Off to watch Ep 6 now.

There's quite a few posts over on the Shield's TV.COM boards that state categorically there will be 21 eps in this season. Here's hoping, eh? ;)

Also, supposedly there will be a mid-season break around April, with another series by Fox - entitled 'Thief' - being aired for the first time.

Hey there.

The Sopranos are doing that for this final series. They are extending the serie sby like 6 episodes.

I love the Shield. It's like my fave tv show on at the moment... But when the might Sopranos returns next month... Im sur eit will be number one.

Despin out.