rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

The Shield

Hooooooooooooooooooooo shit.

Just watched the Series 5 opener.

Quality as always. Great new characters with Forest Whitaker as an I.A.D. hotshot who could well be the guy to bring Vic down, as well as David Marciano from Due South as the new replacement chief who severely lacks the confidence to direct the P.D.

Things are in motion, all signs point to this being the last of The Shield. It's off to a great start, so I've got high hopes for a banging build-up and a worthy climax.

Strike Force Represent.

Was a really good start. They really went all out on the big scene, really did feel like a part of it. So intense.

Another for the 'just behind The Sopranos ' brilliance here. Blew through Season 1, and i'm currently doing the same with Season 2. It does sometimes get a bit stretched - can anyone say corpses and shotguns? But hey, it's TV, and it's great!

I was gonna get S3 & 4 from amazon.com, only 81 USD for both, which is a pretty good price, but when you throw on postage and the inevitable customs charge, I just cant be fucked to pay that much.

*heads over to mininova*

edit - Do playusa repost stuff from inside the UK? Avoiding customs charges?

Problem with R1 version it is in 4:3 format not widescreen.

It's filmed in 4:3, they wanted to get away from the cinematic look that so many cop shows seem to go for.

I think.

I just watched that episode earlier today. Dutch is by far my favorite character after his performances in this season. His whole 'losing faith in humanity' rant was brilliant.

I just watched that episode earlier today. Dutch is by far my favorite character after his performances in this season. His whole 'losing faith in humanity' rant was brilliant.

Indeed. He's not lost his game either ;)

Cheers for the resposes RE the S2 finale.

I just buckled and ordered S3 and 4 from amazon.com (I'm so weak). Came in at under 50 quid for the two though, including postage.

Now to see how much I get bummed by customs ;)

Cheers for the resposes RE the S2 finale.

I just buckled and ordered S3 and 4 from amazon.com (I'm so weak). Came in at under 50 quid for the two though, including postage.

Now to see how much I get bummed by customs :)

Nothing if you'd got them separately. I still get away with >£50 orders from amazon.com about 75% of the time.

Ah, I ordered them together as there was a 10 quid discount when purchased at the same time. I dont mind paying import tax, providing its reasonable. If they try and say its 20 quid or something, they're going to get a big 'Fuck off' letter from me.

I'm totally clamouring for more cops-gone-bad action though. (I came dangerously close to saying 'bent cop action', but that's a little misleading ;) ).

Finished S2 last night and absolutely loved it. The teaser trailer for S3 is great. Doesn't show anything, but you just know it's gonna get better and better.

So, has it been confirmed that we won't be getting S3&S4 on DVD?

The official word is they have "no plans" to release Season 3 over here.

To be honest this is mostly the fault of C5 who have fucked around with The Shield's scheduling since the first episode aired a few years ago. The pilot got massive hype to begin with, but it soon died down after a few weeks of not showing it, or deciding to change day\time without advertising.

Shame, because it really is the best thing around at the moment, and I'd go as far to say ever. I just love it so much, it's just so much better than any other show.

As for Season 5, the first episode was a fucking classic. Cannot wait for the next one. I hear this season is much longer than the previous, which is good, but there are rumours that this is also the last.

So its worth sticking with series 2?

Hell yes.

I bloody love The Shield, I've been waiting for Series 3 and 4 to be released on Region 2 DVD for more than a year, dying to see what happens after the massive cliffhanger season 2 left me with.

My S3 & 4 DVDs finally arrived yesterday. I've watched 8 episodes of season 3 so far - absolutely brilliant stuff. I'm real glad to see how things are developing, and its not getting repetetive or drawn out (which is something I always find with a long running show).

Lots of the characters are really developing, I'm sad to see Dutch not having a decent break yet, but I know it'll come along soon. Brilliant stuff though, the Asaveda plotline, and the whole Decoy Team / Strike Team / Det. Wimms thing is really boiling over too.

On a side note though, I have to say that the US boxsets suck compared to the UK ones, the packaging is shit. I'm well gutted, and I really hope to see a UK release for the later seasons.

Kavanaugh is absolutely sweet as hell. Just love every scene he's in. The way he delivers his lines, his body language and that scene where he met Vick. Oh man, that scene was incredible. Just so, so much bubbling under the surface. It was a nothing scene on paper but had me screaming at the telly.

Watched all of season 3of the last few days, fucking brilliant stuff. I really cant believe the ending though! Pretty bad stuff, cant imagine where it goes from here. I just hope none of the main characters (strike team, particularly) get written out soon.

I watched the 'Breaking 315' extra on the DVD too, seeing the amount of work that goes into a single episode is both breathtaking, and humbling. I suppose it's kinda obvious in a way, given that every single episode has been engaging and eventful, but seeing the process go from nothing, to a finished epsiode is a bit nuts.

Cant wait to start on S4 now. Gonna try and watch it slowly, so the wait for S5 epsiodes isn't so painful.

I didnt know that Michael Chiklis' daughter plays his on-screen daughter too. And one of the writers / producers was the Armenian Jesus foot-fetishist. Pretty bizarre.