rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

The Shield

Bankruptcy. I always imagine people in successful shows are set for life but I suppose guys like him are salaried for their stuff and it's the stars of the show who make bigger money over the course of the run.

Seems wrong to take this opportunity to say how great The Shield was but I've done it now anyway.

With an annual income of $80,000 purely from residuals I'm pretty sure most people would be set, just not if they've been daft and gotten themselves into $500,000 of debt.

• Upvote 1

I've been watching this since it came up on Netflix, the end of Season 5 is just the saddest thing.

Into Season 6, can't believe they let that annoying cunt Julian join the Strike Team! It had better not last.

Finally finished it, I don't care about many of them, but NOT RONNIE NO.

This is the worst thing I've ever seen. :omg:

NOT RONNIE.

I'm genuinely upset.

I've watched this show twice from start to finish and currently on a third time round. Not only do I adore it, but when I recommend it to people, watching it with them is often as entertaining as watching it yourself. Of all of the shows I wish I could go back and see all over again for the first time, the shield would be it. My god. What a show.

RONNNIIIEEEEEEE!

• Upvote 2

Ronnie was always very loyal, but also so calm and careful to avoid anything incriminating or that would make him look bad to people outside the strike team. Vic betraying him, resulting in him getting walked past his coworkers in cuffs and ending up going to jail a disgraced former cop is possibly the worst fate someone like him could suffer.

Ronnie's development from a glorified extra with one or two lines an episode into the character I was the most emotionally invested in (post-Lem :() was one of my favourite things about the entire show.

• Upvote 1

Valid point. It's the fact that they are all terrible people, yet you route for them. The writing is just pure mastery of their craft. The tension, the balance of good vs. Evil. Incredible stuff. Ronnie and Lem's fate will always haunt me. Shane's was grim, but deserved.

Nearly picked up the boxset earlier but heard it's cut to shit with the US version being the superior release.

What's the fucking issue with stuff like this? Just release the goddamn thing in its intended form.